Forums
May 02, 2024, 04:06 PM

Author Topic: Which schemes requires most skills to handle?  (Read 17242 times)

Offline Peja

Re: Which schemes requires most skills to handle?
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2011, 07:12 PM »
im only used to this tools

can u pls explain what you mean roper?
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2011, 08:12 PM »
No one has love for the ropers anymore eh?

Every time someone complains about cr8s or says that it is a luck scheme it makes me almost vomit.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2011, 08:42 PM »

Every time someone complains about cr8s or says that it is a luck scheme it makes me almost vomit.

it's probably one of the most luck based schemes. that doesn't take away the fact you can make luck a non factor with the use of skill.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2011, 09:01 PM »

it's probably one of the most luck based schemes. that doesn't take away the fact you can make luck a non factor with the use of skill.
Sorry but lol. Do you get that if you can take out luck with skills, it simply mean luck is not involved ?

Edit: In case you start babling about non rational argument:
luck [lʌk]
n
1. events that are beyond control and seem subject to chance; fortune
[http://www.thefreedictionary.com/luck]
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 09:09 PM by zippeurfou »

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2011, 09:10 PM »

Sorry but lol. Do you get that if you can take out luck with skills, it simply mean luck is not involved ?

Edit: In case you start babling about non rational argument:
luck [lʌk]
n
1. events that are beyond control and seem subject to chance; fortune
[http://www.thefreedictionary.com/luck]
no it doesn't. it means that providing enough skill luck can be countered. but when facing skills of equal leve against one another then luck is a deciding factor.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2011, 09:14 PM »
Sorry, but thats hypothetical talk about machine skill. Noone is that perfect, every1 makes mistakes and even small mistakes decide a game sometimes.

Anyway blaming luck is for bad losers. :) Same like the never ending lameness discussion on the bng scheme. People need to change not schemes.

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2011, 09:15 PM »
Well let's not do too much off topic but I disagre with you. For me, something "that are beyond control" can not by anymeans be controled :).
I guess it's another point of view from this word that I admit can be interpreted in many different way.

Edit: To answer the topic, I think it's pretty hard. In my opinion, there is no classic scheme that need a lot more time to be an expert if you start from level 0.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 09:19 PM by zippeurfou »

Offline Ryan

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2011, 09:22 PM »
One thing for sure, is that roper is pretty luck related.

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2011, 11:56 AM »

Agreed!! +1

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2011, 12:31 PM »
I still say that there's more difference between the best Roperacer and a tool assisted replay of someone roperacing THAN BETWEEN a tool assisted BnG and the best BnGer.

If you take into account consistency, you will find theres more of a difference in BnG actually compared to TTRR with the best TTRR, Mab finishes every turn at his best, so does the program, but faster, I guess I am the most consistent BnG player there is, and even I go alot of games with like a 20% hit ratio, whilst DeadCodes tool can hit anywhere in anyway 100%.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2011, 12:36 PM »
I still say that there's more difference between the best Roperacer and a tool assisted replay of someone roperacing THAN BETWEEN a tool assisted BnG and the best BnGer.

If you take into account consistency, you will find theres more of a difference in BnG actually compared to TTRR with the best TTRR, Mab finishes every turn at his best, so does the program, but faster, I guess I am the most consistent BnG player there is, and even I go alot of games with like a 20% hit ratio, whilst DeadCodes tool can hit anywhere in anyway 100%.

Yes Komo but it wouldn't be crazy to think that you could reach a closer percentage in BnG if you went all out and tried like you had nothing else to care about in life, right?

Imo, if Mablak did the same with RR he'd never reach the level of TA DC replays, not even close, mainly because it's inhumane.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2011, 01:49 PM »

Yes Komo but it wouldn't be crazy to think that you could reach a closer percentage in BnG if you went all out and tried like you had nothing else to care about in life, right?

Imo, if Mablak did the same with RR he'd never reach the level of TA DC replays, not even close, mainly because it's inhumane.

Nah mate, I always stood by BnG and TTRR is as hard/skillful as each other but in different concepts, like programs make roping faster, programs make BnG more consistent, and tbh, those are equally important and the main goal in each scheme, so it's 50/50 imo.

Offline avirex

« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2011, 02:46 PM »
ropa is right komo... think of it like this...

you have had perfect bng games... either a sink first shot, or just say 5 40+ shots in a row.... you have played a perfect bng...

where as no1 will ever play a perfect bngttrr ... its impossible

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2011, 03:21 PM »
ropa is right komo... think of it like this...

you have had perfect bng games... either a sink first shot, or just say 5 40+ shots in a row.... you have played a perfect bng...

where as no1 will ever play a perfect bngttrr ... its impossible

No, I haven't, I have never done full damage every single turn, plopping a worm isn't a perfect game, it's just a perfect shot.

Offline avirex

« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2011, 04:12 PM »
did the game end after that perfect shot?...