Forums
May 08, 2024, 01:28 PM

Poll

Which of these 2 using less mobile data?

Wheat
3 (42.9%)
Great
4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Wheat Snooper or Great Snooper? (when using smartphone as a modem)  (Read 1173 times)

Offline Sensei

I'll try to play over 3G, to avoid being disconected, especially on TUS games. So if I need to chat with someone, what's the best snooper to use? Ty

Offline Brends

Websnooper

Offline StepS

Re: Wheat Snooper or Great Snooper? (when using smartphone as a modem)
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 04:17 PM »
Wheat is only good if you're using 2.9.x or above. Older versions would eat traffic each 3 seconds by refreshing the entire userlist with all of the user information. This was fixed in 2.9.
Great snooper has a "low bandwidth" mode, I think (but it should already be light). I don't know what it optimizes (perhaps it sacrifices getting user information such as flags). You should maybe try it.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 04:19 PM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Sensei

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 06:54 PM »
Wheat is only good if you're using 2.9.x or above. Older versions would eat traffic each 3 seconds by refreshing the entire userlist with all of the user information. This was fixed in 2.9.
Great snooper has a "low bandwidth" mode, I think (but it should already be light). I don't know what it optimizes (perhaps it sacrifices getting user information such as flags). You should maybe try it.

Yeah, I decided for GS long ago. It's smallest and most transparent snooper imo.
Didn't yet try it via mobile connection tho. Should test few of them just to see differences.

Offline Godmax

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 11:47 AM »
No one should ever ever ever use his shit handy as an internet source! Ever! Slow and dcs you only f@#! people with it.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 11:49 AM »
No one should ever ever ever use his shit handy as an internet source! Ever! Slow and dcs you only f@#! people with it.

Got it wrong godmax..
Usually mobile phones are more stable then modem connections.
That's why people use mobiles in the first place :)

Offline Godmax

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 11:06 AM »
Mobile phone and its towers and wireless connection therefore is the worst possibility you can use ever! Strong fiber cables via lan cable to pc is the best most stable by far FAR!

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2015, 11:21 AM »
Max, try to find fiber optic at countryside in 100 km to nearest hints of civilization.

Offline Godmax

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2015, 11:32 AM »
Sure I understand. Only saying handy is horrible especially for Worms and its beautiful dc problems. But if you must then do that.