Do you think WA is in it's prime?

Yes - Things have never been better
8 (16%)
No - I have preferred past times more
21 (42%)
I love WA, always have and always will, nothing has changed for me
21 (42%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Worms Armageddon - In it's prime?  (Read 8966 times)

Re: Worms Armageddon - In it's prime?
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2011, 07:48 PM »
holy shit! what is with threads these days and their f@#!ing long ass posts?? for once in my life... tl;dr! LOL!

someone make a sparknotes for these threads please
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 07:52 PM by ShyGuy »
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2011, 08:40 AM »
Theres nothing wrong with long posts, for people who don't like long posts, ignore them, some people do actually enjoy reading others thoughts and opinions, even if they disagree ;)

Especially with a subject like this, you can't say everything in 1 sentence lol.

Offline OldBeast

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2011, 12:26 PM »
ive read krd's article about his view of WA's prime
and i got to say i agree with him in alot of ways
cl2k was the best time for me coz i felt part of the community as in here with the tus site, i barrely know anyone or anything, i get lost on the site most of the time
or dunno which topics i should raid

sites like cl2k has came and went
i can suck a few from my thumb; cl2k, WormsLeague(hhb's and ibb's), fb , and probably alot more after i quit

good to see krd has named the clans that were important for the community at its time
EiF, NBR, NnC, sfx, WwA, WWW, TEA
these were the ownage clans, good or not good they were all very known and liked by the community

Offline Ray

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2011, 12:52 PM »
Sad thing is that you only mentioned 7 clans from the top of your head, and despite the fact that currently there are more than a hundred clans registered on this site, there is barely more than 10 actively taking part in the clanner league. :(

Offline OldBeast

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2011, 01:04 PM »
im just saying
back in those days those were the better clans
i have no clue about the clans of these days
ive seen a few i remember from long time ago and tbh i could of named alot more like
t5x, x2x, SiX, ckc, mwc, tdc, nbr, and so on
but i was talking about the era where i played the most...

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2011, 01:33 PM »
I can't believe no one mentioned dt, dt was up there with HoS and TEA in terms of how well they played and all the things they covered, not to mention making history by actually convincing and recruiting Mablak, the 1st clan he ever joined !

But that's what I mean about opinions, to me KRD missed out ALOT of important things that to me would help support his arguement.

He wrote about things that HE felt, not things the whole community thought, he didn't even bother trying to mention anything much that's good about the present, even though theres alot he could have wrote, if he knew about it, but he was more involved back then so he knows more about the past than the present.

But still, it's better to have everyone saying the things they said so far, than for people to come on and say "WA has always sucked and always will" (and been serious), cuz we'd have to hang them for that !

Offline OldBeast

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2011, 01:42 PM »
no one is stopping you to write YOUR point of view of what the prime of worms armagedon is...
and tbh, ive never heard of dt

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2011, 01:45 PM »
and tbh, ive never heard of dt

And I ain't ever heard of you, what's your point?

Anyway, KRD critisized me, i'll critisize him too.

Offline OldBeast

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2011, 01:48 PM »
the point is
dont take every thing what people write straight up your butt,
seems like ure a person to take every single thing very personally and get emotionally unstable about things you disagree on...
this is a common problem with people that suffer being affected with other peoples personal freedom of speech to tell their OPINION...

emo exposed, imo

garbage man, clean this mess

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2011, 02:00 PM »
Lol Beast, I dunno if you know it, but me and KRD know each other very well, we disagree on things but we still get on great.

Thanks for the OTT psychological evaluation lol, but I always speak my mind and so does everyone else, people disagree about alot of things here on a daily basis, but we also get along and agree with each other also.

I replied to you with a  similar thing you said to me, and all of a sudden i'm emo, such a hypocrit lol, chillout man, no ones pulling their hair out here no need for you to spit the dummy ;)

Offline OldBeast

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2011, 02:06 PM »
it was pretty much what it seemed to me due the fact you couldnt get along with krd's point of view over this story line bout his personal ordeal of what Prime era actually was...

not believing dt wasnt mentioned even though there were hundreds of other clans that came and went like it a plague... yet it didnt seem to be linked to any importance which you totally disagreed on, yelling(typing) in mad words how you couldnt believe it wasnt listed...
whoop di doo imo ;)

youre also assuming that what he wrote was only his personal opinion yet you do claim he didnt write what the WHOLE community was thinking, meaning youre assuming what the whole community thought, which is totally wrong isnt it?
accusing him of telling his personal ordeal(not what the community thinks) yet youre talking in the name of the whole community yourself?

Offline Crazy

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2011, 02:17 PM »
cl2k was the best time for me coz i felt part of the community as in here with the tus site, i barrely know anyone or anything, i get lost on the site most of the time

Maybe if you took your time to get to know the new wormers, you would feel more comfortable here at the site. All your old mates won`t come back all of a sudden, so either stick around and get to know the people that ACTUALLY play this game, or move on ;P

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2011, 02:19 PM »
No, I expressed my opinion and explained why I have that opinion, I have defended some of KRD's points as well as fought them, and I do get along with KRD's point of view because I share the same experience with ALOT of things he mentioned, I just don't feel the past was the prime of WA, which is why I disagree with him so much there, it's like, I relate to ALOT of what he says, but in relation to the debate at hand, I have to disagree, if you get me?

If you knew as much about clans as you claim, damn right you would know about dt, dt was one of the most successful clans on Wnet, and definately the best of their era(for winning Leagues anyway), but when Deano quit playing WA the clan broke apart, that's part of the cycle and I take alot of pride for being part of that clan as do the other members, so yeah, i'm a little shocked he didn't mention dt, along with alot of other clans he didn't mention but I feel dt was the most important to me, and on a League Success scale, better than most of those clans at least, is that ok with you so called Mr. Freedom Of Speech?

I never said I speak for the whole community, and that's a far-fetched assumption with nothing to back it up, as obviously alot of people disagree with my opinions here, I agree with KRD and alot of other people that the past is something that can never be replaced, and i've gave some examples of why they can't be replaced and why they were so good, all I am saying is KRD seems obsessed about the past and appears unwilling to subject himself towards saying anything good about the present, or at least, that's what it looks like to me.

Offline OldBeast

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2011, 02:29 PM »

Maybe if you took your time to get to know the new wormers, you would feel more comfortable here at the site. All your old mates won`t come back all of a sudden, so either stick around and get to know the people that ACTUALLY play this game, or move on ;P

Its not that bad lol, i come online to play a few warmers and rr's and thats about it...
and i do know a few players from the old days that are still here

No, I expressed my opinion and explained why I have that opinion, I have defended some of KRD's points as well as fought them, and I do get along with KRD's point of view because I share the same experience with ALOT of things he mentioned, I just don't feel the past was the prime of WA, which is why I disagree with him so much there, it's like, I relate to ALOT of what he says, but in relation to the debate at hand, I have to disagree, if you get me?

If you knew as much about clans as you claim, damn right you would know about dt, dt was one of the most successful clans on Wnet, and definately the best of their era, but when Deano quit playing WA the clan broke apart, that's part of the cycle and I take alot of pride for being part of that clan as do the other members, so yeah, i'm a little shocked he didn't mention dt, along with alot of other clans he didn't mention but I feel dt was the most important to me, and on a League Success scale, better than most of those clans at least, is that ok with you so called Mr. Freedom Of Speech?

I never said I speak for the whole community, and that's a far-fetched assumption with nothing to back it up, as obviously alot of people disagree with my opinions here, I agree with KRD and alot of other people that the past is something that can never be replaced, and i've gave some examples of why they can't be replaced and why they were so good, all I am saying is KRD seems obsessed about the past and appears unwilling to subject himself towards saying anything good about the present.

i gotto say i voted for the past, yet this tus site is far beyond the features cl2k WL or FB had to offer...
and ya i do know alot about the old clans back in 99-04 and no i have no clue about what dt is, youre assumption that it was one of the best at its era is probably exaggerated to the feelings you carry with it... probably overrated as it is....

He wrote about things that HE felt, not things the whole community thought, he didn't even bother trying to mention anything much that's good about the present, even though theres alot he could have wrote, if he knew about it, but he was more involved back then so he knows more about the past than the present.
qoute from you, which i read several times and it still doesnt change the fact youre saying what krd wrote isnt what the community thought, therefore ure assuming u know what the community thought...
thats a simpleton mindstate

« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 02:31 PM by OldBeast »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2011, 02:40 PM »

Ok, tell me where in that quote does it say I am assuming I know what the whole community thought? You can't, and i'll tell you why, because it doesn't. The only thing it shows is that I am addressing that KRD didn't cover EVERYONES thoughts, you should realise that, it's pretty basic English.

2nd, dt wasn't around 1999-2004, they were around after WACL and cl2k, hence why you don't know about them, there is no shame in that, in the era that dt played, ask people who are still around that played during that time and they should back me up that dt dominated.

As for TuS features, we both agree there *phew* lol.