Forums
April 28, 2024, 07:58 PM

Author Topic: Worms Armageddon Remix (WIP Teaser)  (Read 1344 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Worms Armageddon Remix (WIP Teaser)
« on: July 08, 2016, 03:09 AM »
I've waited so many years to be good enough to do a professional sounding Worms Armageddon remix, now is the time, if you like Drum & Bass, you're gonna love this :P

Here's a little preview, it's set to private so please only share it with people who actually play Worms Armageddon:

Komito - Worms Armageddon (Remix) (WIP Preview)

^^ Click.

M3ntal gave me the MIDI file from his old remix so I could extract the scores and start putting it together faster, so thanks for that contribution :)

Offline h3oCharles

Re: Worms Armageddon Remix (WIP Teaser)
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 07:32 AM »
I think you (or some of your friends that are good at singing) should sing the chorus of the 1995 Wormsong... or maybe make a new one, but that's just my opinion.

Also, don't use just one soundbank, maybe some foreign language ones... what about using all of them? ;)

EDIT1: I'm not sure, if I can advertise here, but Worms Guild is holding an art competition on it's Facebook group. Just sayin'.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 07:39 AM by TheMadCharles »

Offline raffie

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 07:39 AM »
That sounds great man, great job, would love to hear the full track!

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 01:08 PM »
I think you (or some of your friends that are good at singing) should sing the chorus of the 1995 Wormsong... or maybe make a new one, but that's just my opinion.

There are several reasons why I don't want this song to have singing in it:

1) It's a WA remix, but without lyrics people who don't know/like WA can enjoy it as they wish, to appeal to a wider audience.

2) I generally don't enjoy singing in songs these days, only a small % of songs with vocals strike me as well done, without vocals a song like this can have a vaster audience where they can imagine stuff in their head themselves.

3) With what I have in mind, there won't even be room in the mixdown for singing anyway, would be a nightmare to make it work in the mixdown.

4) I have equipment for recording but don't even have anywhere to record right now.

The whole point of this song, at least for me, is to sound professional, tight and modern, something real fans of Drum & Bass would enjoy, definitely not to sound like a cheesy kiddy remix, I like the original WA song but it's reekin of stilton lol.

For anyone interested once I am finished the stems could be exported and you could rearrange the song and add vocals yourself :)

Also, don't use just one soundbank, maybe some foreign language ones... what about using all of them? ;)

Originally, I wasn't even going to have any the Speech soundbanks included, you may or may not know I am Scottish, and the soundbank used is "Angry Scot", I wanted to include that somehow, but in very small portions, I might even tone what is already there down a bit.

EDIT1: I'm not sure, if I can advertise here, but Worms Guild is holding an art competition on it's Facebook group. Just sayin'.

That would be awesome if I could pick and use a picture from that competition to be used for the finished track, the one I have now is only temporary because it's private, let me know if I can do that please.

Feel free to share the track with them and ask if they are interested :)

That sounds great man, great job, would love to hear the full track!

Thanks :) Will let you know when it's finished but may be a month or 2.

Offline ANO

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 01:14 PM »
nice Komo.

I do play guitar and bass and I record... if you want a real bass track, once you have the bass line defined.

I also have all the EZ drummer toontrack, I could pass you the links in pvt...

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 01:19 PM »
nice Komo.

I do play guitar and bass and I record... if you want a real bass track, once you have the bass line defined.

I also have all the EZ drummer toontrack, I could pass you the links in pvt...

Yeah go for it man, probably won't use them in this track as I want to keep it sounding digital but maybe we could do a collab in the future and make it sound more like a live band version with real drums and stuff, something like Pendulum/Prodigy :)

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2016, 02:09 PM »
good cover

Offline StepS

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2016, 03:33 PM »
Great track! Looking forward to hearing the ending, as well. Always nice to see these made.
Btw, if someone hasn't seen it yet, check out another great DnB remix from Fragmentality (here). The guy can also be found in #worms.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2016, 04:32 PM »

Like I said, might be a while as I am working on tons of other stuff too, have a job, and don't even have my own house lol, but i'll get there :P

It was his remix, and Walrus wanting a WA song for his YouTube channel, along with feeling ready, that made me want to do this :D

I need to get in touch with that guy and see if he would like any help, I reckon he has a lot of potential :)

Offline Y2JID

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2016, 07:26 PM »
nice pal u got anymore stuff
Uh, yo, it just so happen this how Y2JID thing started
Flip two aces and get two face cards
It happens, chip stackin'
I turn around, see a bunch of chicks clappin'
But a girl walked by, caught my eye
So I said, 'What the f@#!, stand here and give me luck'
And she whispered in my ear
A purple one on there and put a pink one on there

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2016, 07:44 PM »
nice pal u got anymore stuff

https://soundcloud.com/komito-1

^^ That is my Soundcloud profile.

I don't have a huge amount there right now as i've spent the past few years practising, experimenting and learning, focusing more on mixing engineering than music production.

Currently working on around 8-12 songs / ideas that I plan to finish over the course of the next year :)

If you register to Soundcloud and follow me, you'll be notified whenever I upload stuff, it's always nice to have the support :D

Offline Plutonic

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2016, 09:29 PM »
How do you get to it if it's private?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2016, 04:43 AM »
Check OP in thread, click on the huge green link.

Edit - Ah lol, I forgot I deleted the teaser so it doesn't get boring :/

I'll try to finish it asap :)