Forums
May 02, 2024, 10:20 PM

Author Topic: Full Circle  (Read 1410 times)

Offline JayP

Full Circle
« on: September 04, 2015, 12:54 PM »
I was just thinking during my aul lunch break how things have come full circle.
From starting out as a kid with a computer with Dial-up and playing this game.
17 Years later the community is still going, ok a bit worse for wear but still alive and kicking!
From WACL to CL2K it's been mad.

Here I am now in my 30's a kid a wife and a house, where did it all go wrong! lol

I am going to have to dust off the aul laptop and find a copy of WA and give it another go.

We should definetely look at having a 20 year renunion or something on WA from it's launch date though! I hear they are bringing ranks back then ;)

Best of luck peoples see you out there! Or in some random next post!

Remember skill comes and goes but class is eternal!
JayP
Skill comes and goes,
But Class is Eternal

Offline TheWalrus

Re: Full Circle
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 01:30 PM »
I was just thinking during my aul lunch break how things have come full circle.
From starting out as a kid with a computer with Dial-up and playing this game.
17 Years later the community is still going, ok a bit worse for wear but still alive and kicking!
From WACL to CL2K it's been mad.

Here I am now in my 30's a kid a wife and a house, where did it all go wrong! lol

I am going to have to dust off the aul laptop and find a copy of WA and give it another go.

We should definetely look at having a 20 year renunion or something on WA from it's launch date though! I hear they are bringing ranks back then ;)

Best of luck peoples see you out there! Or in some random next post!

Remember skill comes and goes but class is eternal!
JayP
I remember playing this when 28k was super fast (or so i thought).  Good to see you are still around Jay.  As for a reunion, I'm pretty sure colon has some sponsors lined up for the 20th anniversary bash, so sponsored airline tickets for all!

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 01:53 PM »
Hey JayP!

Yeah, the sound of the modem dialling was something i'll never forget, and the amount of times my parents caught me trying to sneak onto WA at night because of this damn sound :D Broadband was such a savior for WA through the night, no wonder I always fell asleep in class!

A 20 year reunion would be a bunch of old popular warmers trying to warm together yelling "lag" "im cold" "yo yo yo" "w00t", it would be fun though :)

Nice to see you are doing well JayP, take care!

Offline nino

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 02:01 PM »
haha Ae JayP

Played a lot with you back in the CL2K days

Cheers ae dude!!!

maybe we could not communicate much cos when I started playing i could not english! hehe
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 05:38 PM »
Reminds me of the days when you had to pay per minute on your dial up modem similar to the cost of a phone call. I'd get in so much trouble from my parents for creating a massive bill and would have to pick my hours when i could play in off peak times!

sup JayP!

Offline theredi

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 09:15 PM »
damn u nostalgic bastardz!! i also remember this :P 90`s best times ever, i wish i was little older back then, woulda enjoy it more or maybe not, who knows

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 06:32 AM »
Welcome, JayP Morgan  :D

Offline raffie

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2015, 04:11 PM »
... i could not english! hehe

So much has changed since then huh?  :D

Offline nino

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 04:29 PM »
... i could not english! hehe

So much has changed since then huh?  :D

Indeed, cos iam sure you undestood what i meant, thats the point of communication, if it is not written as the english book tell to, f@#! off the english book, and i bet you got my message again hauhuahuaha puto!
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline BConly

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2015, 06:46 AM »
It amazes me how every time i pop my head in here (very infrequently) there are people that I know from back in the day that are doing the same.  Brings back fond memories, honestly.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2015, 08:38 AM »
BC!  :)