Forums
April 26, 2024, 10:09 PM

Poll

should hysteria be moved to the free league?

yes
no
idk

Author Topic: should hysteria be moved to the free league?  (Read 17185 times)

Offline Triad

Re: should hysteria be moved to the free league?
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2017, 11:32 PM »
Why stop there? Disregard capitalist classic league as the prevailing ideology of bourgeois and embrace the people's free league. GIVE COMMUNISM ONE MORE TRY.

Offline avirex

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2017, 02:08 AM »
here are some reason why it should not be in classic.

1) its not a 'classic' scheme... like roper, shoppa, elite, t17, bng  (imo those are the classic schemes, and others should not be in classic.. but thats just my opinion)
2) it was invented for fun, and a laugh between mates... how it got so popular, and even introduced to league is shocking.
3) there are many flaws in the scheme, that should/could be fixed to make it a better "league" worthy scheme.
4) its the easier scheme to learn, newbs can become pros with in a week.. thats not really "classic" league worthy imo.

here are some reason why it should...

1) it has been in tus classic for far too long to remove it now, and more then half the community enjoys the scheme.

i think that trumps all of the reasons to remove it, imo. (as much as it is painful to say that)

but, i do believe the scheme should be updated.... the scheme was invented for fun, not for league... if thats not convincing enough that the scheme needs to be tweaked to be league worthy, then nothing will... and this is just another classic case of w:a never accepting any change.

Offline tita

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2017, 02:33 AM »
i VOTE yes!!! HYSTERIA ISN'T CLASSIC!!!

My rola is on the table

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2017, 03:42 AM »
here are some reason why it should not be in classic.

1) its not a 'classic' scheme... like roper, shoppa, elite, t17, bng  (imo those are the classic schemes, and others should not be in classic.. but thats just my opinion)

Well, Hysteria would be considered Classic now, think about when TUS was invented(7? 8 years ago?) Hysteria has existed since then, even before, being played competitively, and it's grown to be extremely popular/competitive today.

I'd consider Roper/Elite/BnG as vintage, those are the schemes that have truly stood the test of time.

Not only that, i'd consider Bungee racing "Classic" as well, so to be honest "Classic" is the wrong word for the League in my opinion.

2) it was invented for fun, and a laugh between mates... how it got so popular, and even introduced to league is shocking.

WA was invented for fun, and a laugh between mates, it was introduced to leagues because it's ridiculously fun & competitive.

3) there are many flaws in the scheme, that should/could be fixed to make it a better "league" worthy scheme.

I see no flaws, just a bunch of possible events that some people don't like, such as killing your own worms to get turn advantage, and telecide, which is easily comparable to using kamikaze in Elite? It's the same thing in my book.

Every single flaw ANYONE has ever said about Hysteria can be compared to similar events in other "Classic" schemes.,

It isn't surprising that most people who don't like Hysteria, also don't like BnG(I know that some players who don't like Hysteria, actually love BnG though).

4) its the easier scheme to learn, newbs can become pros with in a week.. thats not really "classic" league worthy imo.

Bullsh*t, BnG / Shopper are the easiest.

Offline lalo

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2017, 04:27 AM »
Seriously? Hyst shouldn't belong to classic, the only reason it has been added it's because it's extremely noob friendly and this league has a good amount of mediocre/lazy players. Absolutely everyone can play it in days, unlike Shopper which makes you rope and it can be pretty tough for begginers and trust me it took me months to play shopper decently in my early days.
Hyst has little room for any advanced tactic/strategy, it's a scheme for lazy people without any desire to become a real good player and that's why we see players focused in other lucky/easy schemes such as t17 and shopper. Any beginner can learn how to play those schemes, avoid as much as possible to get a good spot in PO and win it flipping a coin. All the years learning how to master your roping, learning elite tactics and throwing the perfect nades in bng become pointless if the other opponent picks first.

Bng is easier to learn? LOL, I must be missing something because I don't see any random noob hosting it very often. I only see Shopper/hyst.

How many hyst players became famous and respected for their skills and mastering this particular scheme? Gabriel and Casso maybe? I see a huge difference between them and others wich took the hard way like Dario, Daina, Mablak, Ryan, yourself Dave, Random and many more.

I don't really expect it to be removed though or even improve it (e.g. moles). Nobody likes the hard way.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2017, 05:44 AM »
Seriously? Hyst shouldn't belong to classic, the only reason it has been added it's because it's extremely noob friendly and this league has a good amount of mediocre/lazy players.

Hysteria was added to Classic for many reasons:

It's competitive
It's fun
It's fast paced
It's noob friendly and pro friendly
It's interesting to watch nice shots and tactics play out

I could say the exact same thing using the exact same words you used with "Shopper".

Absolutely everyone can play it in days, unlike Shopper which makes you rope and it can be pretty tough for begginers and trust me it took me months to play shopper decently in my early days.

Absolutely everyone can play absolutely everything, maybe for you it was harder to learn rope, for me learning Rope was easier than learning BnG.

Hyst has little room for any advanced tactic/strategy, it's a scheme for lazy people without any desire to become a real good player and that's why we see players focused in other lucky/easy schemes such as t17 and shopper.

Hysteria has more tactics/strategy than BnG, that's a fact.

Why are you even using the term "lazy"? It takes no more or less effort to play Hysteria than BnG or Team17 or Elite etc...

YOUR opinion is that it is for lazy people, when facts actually point out people enjoy Hysteria for reasons including pulling off nice shots, outwitting opponent in SD, the fact that it's fast paced and you don't have to wait long between turns, etc...

You are becoming so elitist and close minded these days you are missing out on more fun, you are limiting your own gaming experience, think about that, it's something I learned a while ago when I used to hate/disrespect Elite/Team17 in the same way you guys are being ridiculous about Hysteria.

Any beginner can learn how to play those schemes, avoid as much as possible to get a good spot in PO and win it flipping a coin. All the years learning how to master your roping, learning elite tactics and throwing the perfect nades in bng become pointless if the other opponent picks first.

Any beginner can play any scheme, nobody gets awesome over night at Hysteria or Team17 or Shopper or Elite or TTRR, but they can sure as hell finish a game within 1 day of practising - ANY F**KING SCHEME.

What about poker? Anyone can learn how to play this within 1 hour, does that make it for noobs? Does that make it any less professional or competitive?

Again, you are being close minded, and limiting your own experience.

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2017, 07:50 AM »
haha this bullshit again
That

What is the problem with hyst again? You're salty 'cause ppl are abusing quick SD tactics? Sorry, but that's part of the game, so deal with it, bitch!

I agree with you Kappa!

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2017, 08:08 AM »
Would hysteria be more competitive with worm placement?

As it stands there is clearly a divide when debating if it is "classic" worthy.

Offline rU`

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2017, 09:02 AM »
Thought it was a bump from a 2009 thread when I first saw the tittle.

ps.: idk
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

Offline Senator

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2017, 09:30 AM »
The league should be made satisfying for those players who play the league seriously because they are the ones who keep the league alive. It's a weird approach to think only about casual players / newcomers and force competitors to adapt. Competitors care more about the league and they will vote with their feet if needed. I think most of the top players would prefer a league without Hysteria so let's ask them and if the majority wants, we can start a new league without Hysteria (here or somewhere else). Newcomers are not pushed away, they are pushed to pick Shopper :P

Various things could be differently
- The rating system rewards for noob bashing (new players have 1000 points although their real level can be 700)
- There's no break between seasons. Some players want to have a break and when they come back, they struggle to get the required 80 games done. Even one week break between seasons would help.
- The playoff system supports only 8 players (could be up to 12 players to encourage more players to compete). At the moment we don't have even 8 players, though :D And the system doesn't support playoffs with 6 players or 3 clans, for example.
- Some schemes could be updated (Shopper & T17 have stupid crate probabilities, Roper has a significant first turn advantage)
- Roper and WxW could have shared points like in the disabled allround league. Currently you get 2 x points for playing basically the same scheme.
- Prize money to bring some extra (if 10 people donate just 10$ per season, we would already have 100$ pot)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 12:37 PM by Senator »

Offline Hurz

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2017, 10:05 AM »
What about poker? Anyone can learn how to play this within 1 hour, does that make it for noobs? Does that make it any less professional or competitive?

totally

Offline Free

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2017, 11:32 AM »
BAN HYSTERIA FROM CLASSIC LEAGUE!!

+ what senator said, lets actually listen to those who play leagues

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2017, 12:27 PM »
Senator, Free, if you had your way this League would die.

You are being unbelievably selfish.

I don't even care you don't like Hysteria it just annoys me you don't understand the definition of "competitive" in the English dictionary.

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2017, 01:19 PM »
Yes iff we remove rr  to. 

Offline Kradie

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2017, 02:32 PM »
I like Hysteria, it's easy & fast paced. I find myself learning bazooka and grenade shots easier that way.

BnG is more skill based, you have more time to adjust to a desirable shot.
BnG can be tedious for beginners because of turn time & lack of movement.
BnG has too many rules implemented, it's not easy to follow them.
And finally, maps can be uneven on both sides leading to advantages (Unless if you have mirrored map).

Hysteria on the other hand, does not suffer from this. It's straightforward , kill or be killed.

I still think we need a pro and novice league & drop the rest. That is all.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB