Forums
April 27, 2024, 09:14 AM

Author Topic: Classic Season #32 goes experimental!  (Read 21413 times)

Offline avirex

Re: Classic Season #32 goes experimental!
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2013, 12:24 AM »
im not sure why everyone is here complaining... (i may even be guilty of it, im not going to scroll back to check)

all the rules as of now are final, for 1 season, its all experimental... maybe some things will stick, maybe we will see that it was a horrible idea, but we will NEVER know unless we try.

SPW, i agree that elite was/is good, and had the least amount of complaints to change anything.. but what if rope knocking turns out to be awesome? what if you enjoy it? what if it (which it obviously will) adds much more strategy, and turns out to be much more fun overall.... stop being so close minded...

EVERYONE should stop being close minded... majority of people here think the schemes are all great, and there is no need for change, well thats because your all used to the schemes, and dont want to try new things... majority of you think there should be votes on everything, and some huge deliberation to have minor changes in any scheme, and not just one single person should be able to decide...    but maybe you should all keep in mind that when TUS was created, wooka uploaded some schemes he had in his computer, and those were the schemes that were used in TUS league...  so why do you all think it was ok to follow the schemes from that one single person??

basically if everyone is open minded, stop complaining, and just give this a try, maybe even offer other suggestion that we can all discuss, and experiment, we can actually find a "perfect" scheme for each game. instead of just talking about change, and nothing ever getting done....

franz, no1 is too much for, or against zook first turn rule...   i think a change is due for sure... i mean... whats the rule good for?? i told you all (that didnt know) what the rule was good for on worms2, but it has no use on w:a, it only adds a luck factor to the start of the game...   there has been many clanner games i can remember where me and my partner both got shit winds, and the enemy team got good winds, at the end of the first 4 turn in such a situation the enemy has a demanding lead... and for no other reason then luck... that can all easily be avoided with an updated scheme....   

****cr8 rules should be addresses as well, hopefully in some upcoming "experimental seasons"****

« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2013, 12:53 AM »
I kinda like fada's suggestion of adding a new scheme as well, like aerial. But it's hard without kicking out one of the beloved ones  :( If both aerial and hyst are in it would be too much of that. Just like it's too much to have roper and health-crate-wxw imo.
Well, why should we remove hysteria ? Isn't shopper and wxw as close as hysteria and aerial ?
Well, anyways I think I'm living in my fancy world where people can clearly see that bungeerace and all these schemes need a lot of skills and therefore would add competitiveness to the league.

Offline Triad

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2013, 07:05 AM »
zipperfou is right. Why we cant add aerial to classic schemes without deleting another classic scheme?

Offline Bonhert

« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2013, 07:33 AM »
@2 worms roper:

Seems way more broken to me, as the following player has huge hide advantage. One can hide well, the other has to pile and turns difficulty disproportion becomes absurd. Perhaps we should add another rule to fix this, preventing from piling until at least 1 worm is dead.

Beside that, in my opinion roper is supposed to be focused on roping, not on strategic piling. I'd rather prefer to be not bothered with planning my fall back turn ahead.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 07:42 AM by Bonhert »

Sure we could rope slower but it's not sexy!

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2013, 11:31 AM »
We used to have a problem, that WxW and Roper were too similar to guarantee each being a scheme in classic league.

Now you've gone and made them even more similar to the point where WxW is simply a roper in linear maps, whilst Roper is a WxW in a random map.

You're lucky I don't give two f@#!s or I'd be really harsh with the line of thought followed in this whole process, but that one seemed just too funny not to point out.

You can read this post or just picture jean luc facepalming in space
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2013, 06:28 PM »
Im so disappointed with the rope knocking. SPW and others are right. Elite is the prefect league scheme and nothing was broken. I for one will not be hosting an elite in anything goes so that rope knocking isn't able to work and will host my defaults in PartyTime.

Really disappointing decesions from TuS.

I won't even go into some of the other changes, but shotgun in bng has just given a huge advantage to the already problematic notching epidemic.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2013, 06:49 PM »
I don't think these changes were made by a group of people, because I understand that some struggle when realizing their own stupidity but that's what the others are for so they can easily point it out. But apparently, this didn't happen.

The horse line of thought followed here (horses are put eye patches that allow them to move only forward and never look back) you've managed to find quick fixes for particular scheme problems but apparently missed the fact they introduce new or worse problems.

Even if you managed to make good fixed for schemes, which you didn't thought you were close to ruining a pair or two it would still all be a big waste of time because the word "experimental" implies that the end user is going to finally have to accept these changes and seeing as what the experts have come up with I don't even want to stop and think what kind of feedback the not so clever ones can come up with.

I can picture MonkeyIsland... "changes, changes, people want changes! I need to make choices!" at this point and faced with the responsibility to tweak a scheme and not fck it all up his pants are already wet... "just change everything and let everyone else decide!".

Bottom line is, every single one of you that was aware of these changes and didn't put the voice on the sky about them before they were made public have proven a severe lack the ability to embark in a coherent thinking process. I'm really curious, who was it that first figured out Elite needed fixing? Or who was it that thought WxW needed to be even more similar to roper? Please give names.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 06:54 PM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Rogi

« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2013, 09:07 PM »
I glad about wxw, bng.
IMO, TTRR will be still good with 5 worms. Elite and t17 will be hardly than now with RK.
Dont know about hyst.

But roper with 2 worms per team is really shity, imo.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Calm the hell down.|

Offline franz

« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2013, 09:57 PM »
Roper is already played with 2 worms in clanners and it balances it out nicely.  I really don't get the hate there

« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2013, 10:31 PM »
How about 8 worms a side for Hysteria while you're at it?

Offline avirex

« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2013, 11:48 PM »
I for one will not be hosting an elite in anything goes

no offense tom, but what exactly will be changing??? :DDD

you are the most inactive mofo next to ropa, the other major voice of complaint here ;D

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2013, 01:27 PM »
2 worms in roper can be fun, need to try it to see if I really like it or not, but I see here few points that could be disapointing:
- Long games
- Single and clanners ropers are going to be very similar .. I was liking the fact in clanner it's different
- Killing one of your worm will give you big advantage with piles, well it's the same thing in clanner too, but usually you don't want to kill your partner and let him alone without playing. But since it's single you own the both worms, you wouldnt mind much about killing one of them!

« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2013, 01:57 PM »
I don't think these changes were made by a group of people, because I understand that some struggle when realizing their own stupidity but that's what the others are for so they can easily point it out. But apparently, this didn't happen.

The horse line of thought followed here (horses are put eye patches that allow them to move only forward and never look back) you've managed to find quick fixes for particular scheme problems but apparently missed the fact they introduce new or worse problems.

Even if you managed to make good fixed for schemes, which you didn't thought you were close to ruining a pair or two it would still all be a big waste of time because the word "experimental" implies that the end user is going to finally have to accept these changes and seeing as what the experts have come up with I don't even want to stop and think what kind of feedback the not so clever ones can come up with.

I can picture MonkeyIsland... "changes, changes, people want changes! I need to make choices!" at this point and faced with the responsibility to tweak a scheme and not fck it all up his pants are already wet... "just change everything and let everyone else decide!".

Bottom line is, every single one of you that was aware of these changes and didn't put the voice on the sky about them before they were made public have proven a severe lack the ability to embark in a coherent thinking process. I'm really curious, who was it that first figured out Elite needed fixing? Or who was it that thought WxW needed to be even more similar to roper? Please give names.

You are officially the youngest old guy I know. Congratulations :) All right, I'll get off your lawn, sheez!

More seriously now. I'm inclined to agree on the WxW scheme, though I'm not much of a fan of WxW in a league to begin with (not because I suck at it - I suck at T17 even more, but I'm fine with that being in the league).
I don't really understand why rope knocking was banned in the first place in elite and T17. I mean, anything goes but OMG NO ROPE KNOCKING! Makes no sense to me if you want them to incorporate as many skills as possible. If you're going with the argument of "that's how it has always been" then with ropers, we should get back to having more than 1 worm (which I guess is what we're doing) and re-adding a dynamite. I also seem to recall they were not played on 2 island maps and without water drop (though I might be wrong about the latter).
And are you really a fan of notchfests in BnG, ropa? /ts kills that option or at least makes it a lot more time consuming.

But if we're changing schemes now anyway, perhaps we should include ShyGuy's suggestion of checking the exact time in timetrials. In most cases, we don't even have to check anyway, so it's only a minority of replays where it happens - which make for more exciting games to watch then anyway.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2013, 02:32 PM »

You are officially the youngest old guy I know. Congratulations :) All right, I'll get off your lawn, sheez!

More seriously now. I'm inclined to agree on the WxW scheme, though I'm not much of a fan of WxW in a league to begin with (not because I suck at it - I suck at T17 even more, but I'm fine with that being in the league).
I don't really understand why rope knocking was banned in the first place in elite and T17. I mean, anything goes but OMG NO ROPE KNOCKING! Makes no sense to me if you want them to incorporate as many skills as possible. If you're going with the argument of "that's how it has always been" then with ropers, we should get back to having more than 1 worm (which I guess is what we're doing) and re-adding a dynamite. I also seem to recall they were not played on 2 island maps and without water drop (though I might be wrong about the latter).
And are you really a fan of notchfests in BnG, ropa? /ts kills that option or at least makes it a lot more time consuming.

But if we're changing schemes now anyway, perhaps we should include ShyGuy's suggestion of checking the exact time in timetrials. In most cases, we don't even have to check anyway, so it's only a minority of replays where it happens - which make for more exciting games to watch then anyway.

the /ts is good, the shotgun makes it a worse notch fest, don't make me go one by one on all the problems we don't have time nor the stomach for that.

Calling me names and agreeing with me is still agreeing with me. I specifically spoke about fixes that introduce problems and that make no sense either way.

Focus on that if you really have something to say, or if you want to say something. I've said.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Husk

« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2013, 02:46 PM »
- Killing one of your worm will give you big advantage with piles, well it's the same thing in clanner too, but usually you don't want to kill your partner and let him alone without playing. But since it's single you own the both worms, you wouldnt mind much about killing one of them!

ae simon yea this still makes it different from clanner =)