Forums
May 03, 2024, 05:01 AM

Author Topic: Insulting/Attitude friendly warning  (Read 6062 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

Insulting/Attitude friendly warning
« on: February 06, 2010, 03:40 PM »
Recently we've had more insults flying around. Some of you has forgotten that we are trying to make a bigger community.
Teasing/Making fun/insulting each other may be fun for you or it may be funny for older wormers but it is an unpleasant flame for new comers. If you've been on TUS or WN for long enough, these kinds of behaviors won't bother you. But How do you think a TUS newcomer would see all these flames and insulting?
In most cases, the new comer will quit TUS (or WN). If we are lucky and he/she doesn't quit, they never will post anything or participate on any part of the site. They'll lose their confidence and think if they say something, there are people who will make fun of him and their being new.
I'm asking everybody here, if you can't control your anger (or whatever that is), please unload it anywhere else but TUS.
We always nag about how small our community is, but on the other hand we do everything to make newcomers run away.
On most of the communities, when a new comer enters, they say welcome to him and try to help him fit in the community. We make people to quit and never look back.
I'm trying my best to offer a better features/quality/community to the community, and lately I've been wasting my time dealing with all of this nonsenses on the site.
Get yourself involved in making a better community, there are tons of people we can recruit. But trust me you don't want to recruit where they can't post/act freely.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 05:08 PM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Dub-c

Re: Insulting/Attitude friendly warning
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 07:56 PM »
Pretty hard to make people change personality (zippo). But yea, people need to be a little more mature.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 08:01 PM by Dub-c »
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline luz4k

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 10:39 PM »
Indeed Dub, we could slap some poits for unfair behavior, insulting etc. Thats all what MI can do there.

Offline loverleet

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 05:03 PM »
MonkeyIsland that's it! And i think that people that insult or that have a bad behaviour at tus should be punish! Thank you very much for your "coment", thats good for worns and for this league!

Offline Crazy

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 07:37 PM »
Deserves an applaud for sure!

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 11:37 PM »
So is there going to be any incentive to start behaving like normal people other than you requesting it, mr Island? :)

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 11:54 PM »
o_O

Offline Ray

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 06:45 AM »
o_O
And anything against pointless posts?

THIS topic is about the same thing, basically.

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 04:51 AM »
Really guys and girls, you have sure, members that insult other players must to be kicked of TUS for a time (long or short).

The WA is a game that many people look for fun, and They want only a good way to forget the real life.

I think that the suspensions must begin immediatly

Offline Doubletime

• Sweden Sweden
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 12:12 PM »
how  about the karma system ? We all come here to have fun andalot of people consider flaming on forums fun....... Simply smite the person you despite and aplaud your'e heroe abroad !

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2010, 10:36 AM »
how  about the karma system ? We all come here to have fun andalot of people consider flaming on forums fun....... Simply smite the person you despite and aplaud your'e heroe abroad !

We already have this little man:

MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Doubletime

• Sweden Sweden
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2010, 01:53 PM »

We already have this little man:

You should see Zippos karma XD

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2010, 03:05 PM »
Doubletime: 125 posts, -203 karma, average karma per post: -1.624

ZiPpO: 269 posts, -260 karma, average karma per post: -0.9665

Don't worry, DT, you'll get there!

Offline Doubletime

• Sweden Sweden
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2010, 04:24 PM »
Doubletime: 125 posts, -203 karma, average karma per post: -1.624

ZiPpO: 269 posts, -260 karma, average karma per post: -0.9665

Don't worry, DT, you'll get there!

I couldn't care less if im hated. As long as there is one person in ag that wants to play TNL vs me ^^

Btw someone aplaud me pls ?