Forums
May 01, 2024, 07:23 PM

Author Topic: Project X 0.8.0 Released  (Read 16048 times)

Offline Immortal

Re: Project X 0.8.0 Released
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2011, 12:33 PM »
nice work there.
but there is one bad thing that could be changed in a new version
the point is when i run my game with wormkit .. and want to host a normal ttrr .. well it dont rly works. coz the px shemes are on too. i have always to run game with wa.exe to host classic shemes. may i missed something. but didnt find a solutution till yet. there is a px sheme "defoult"  tough when i set it then px shemes are off.. but no way xd.

but still gj
Use /px_toggle command when you are hosting, it disables PX (windowed mode and Anti-Aliasing will still work).

Offline sm0k

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2011, 01:36 PM »
nice work there.
the point is when i run my game with wormkit .. and want to host a normal ttrr .. well it dont rly works. coz the px shemes are on too. i have always to run game with wa.exe to host classic shemes. may i missed something. but didnt find a solutution till yet. there is a px sheme "defoult"  tough when i set it then px shemes are off.. but no way xd.

but still gj
Use /px_toggle command when you are hosting, it disables PX (windowed mode and Anti-Aliasing will still work).

ok cool  thanx , didnt know that.  but i'm still to lazy to write it evrytime :x
a small change would be great ;p like on px shemes somethink like "px off" addy

Offline Rok

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2011, 02:17 PM »
I downloaded PX and I can't figure out how to actually use Library Editor. How do we make new libs? There's no save button. :) Where's the compiler, how to use it? Any tips and/or hints?

I already checked wiki, but there's only a pic of PXLEdit and the rest are code examples, no word about compiling.

Great work this is, nonetheless, kudos.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 02:19 PM by Rok »
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Guaton

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2011, 02:43 PM »
the rr with traps rocks xDDDD i havent finished yet 

Offline Immortal

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2011, 02:55 PM »
I downloaded PX and I can't figure out how to actually use Library Editor. How do we make new libs? There's no save button. :) Where's the compiler, how to use it? Any tips and/or hints?

I already checked wiki, but there's only a pic of PXLEdit and the rest are code examples, no word about compiling.

File -> Save/Save as

You don't need to compile. PX compiles right before starting the game (you can also Test Compile while you are coding).
For testing, use the scheme editor and add scripts there (then you save the PX Scheme on PXSchemes folder and test offline).

Yeah, wiki is still unfinished.

Remember that we have a forum : http://wormspx.com/forum/index.php

@Guaton : I made this map, I'm actually improving it. Give me ideas if you want.
I wrote a tutorial with Metacooler if you want to create such maps : http://px.worms2d.info/px080wiki/index.php/PX_RR
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 02:58 PM by Immortal »

Offline Rok

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2011, 04:37 PM »
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Guaton

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2011, 07:13 PM »

File -> Save/Save as

You don't need to compile. PX compiles right before starting the game (you can also Test Compile while you are coding).
For testing, use the scheme editor and add scripts there (then you save the PX Scheme on PXSchemes folder and test offline).

Yeah, wiki is still unfinished.

Remember that we have a forum : http://wormspx.com/forum/index.php

@Guaton : I made this map, I'm actually improving it. Give me ideas if you want.
I wrote a tutorial with Metacooler if you want to create such maps : http://px.worms2d.info/px080wiki/index.php/PX_RR

let me finish it first xD  im gonna be glad of giving u ideas if i get something in my mind :p

Offline DumbBongChow

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2011, 11:04 PM »
Weird... Game crashes when I switch the px scheme including even when I just turn on only px module. Any idea why? [Already knows PX is aweseome wkit module.] :(

Tried PX updater, and it still doesn't work. DX
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 11:09 PM by DumbBongChow »

I like making myself Feel(S) Good Man!

Our Community: (Our newest, updated schemes are at this site!)
http://wosc.tk/

DBC's Legendary Profile:
http://worms2d.info/User:DumbBongChow
http://worms2d.info/User_talk:DumbBongChow

Offline Immortal

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2011, 11:10 PM »
Weird... Game crashes when I switch the px scheme including even when I just turn on only px module. Any idea why? [Already knows PX is aweseome wkit module.] :(

Tried PX updater, and it still doesn't work. DX
Can you post pxlog.txt ?

Offline nappy

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2011, 11:28 PM »
Hey guys, is it possible to make frontend windowed as well? It could be super awesome because it would allow to make WA livestreams without using virtual machine. Fullscreen (and thus non-visible for stream video capture drivers, at least those we are aware of) frontend is really a bummer :(

Offline Immortal

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2011, 11:50 PM »
Hey guys, is it possible to make frontend windowed as well? It could be super awesome because it would allow to make WA livestreams without using virtual machine. Fullscreen (and thus non-visible for stream video capture drivers, at least those we are aware of) frontend is really a bummer :(
No, it's impossible, sorry.

Offline cOke

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2011, 01:02 AM »
nice work there.
the point is when i run my game with wormkit .. and want to host a normal ttrr .. well it dont rly works. coz the px shemes are on too. i have always to run game with wa.exe to host classic shemes. may i missed something. but didnt find a solutution till yet. there is a px sheme "defoult"  tough when i set it then px shemes are off.. but no way xd.

but still gj

surely it would make more sense to be off by default and then enable it with px_toggle? i don't want to write px_toggle every time either to TURN IT OFF when playing non PX schemes 99% of the time.

edit: or like was said the default option in the px drop down menu to select px scheme is 'px off'. this will do fine.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 01:04 AM by madog »
HNN4EVA

Offline Immortal

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2011, 01:04 AM »
nice work there.
the point is when i run my game with wormkit .. and want to host a normal ttrr .. well it dont rly works. coz the px shemes are on too. i have always to run game with wa.exe to host classic shemes. may i missed something. but didnt find a solutution till yet. there is a px sheme "defoult"  tough when i set it then px shemes are off.. but no way xd.

but still gj

surely it would make more sense to be off by default and then enable it with px_toggle? i don't want to write px_toggle every time either to TURN IT OFF when playing non PX schemes 99% of the time.
yup. You're right

Or even better : enabling or disabling it by default on PX.ini

Offline Immortal

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2011, 11:53 AM »
Entuser has coded this feature as requested, update PX (you can now choose if you want to disable or enable PX on PX Scheme list).

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2011, 12:26 PM »
great work, im sure we're gonna see some cool schemes once everything sinks in!
worm and learn