Forums
May 03, 2024, 10:35 AM

Author Topic: Proposed courtesy rules  (Read 5292 times)

Proposed courtesy rules
« on: February 24, 2010, 06:42 PM »
There have been a few threads so far about people's behaviour in the forums and during league games.
So far, all we've done is encourage good behaviour and hand out a couple of warnings.
So far, it hasn't changed much in how people behave towards each other, so it's time to have some consequences!

We're going to be starting with a penalty system on TUS. Moderators will be handing out warnings and penalty cards from this day forward. If people are caught misbehaving, mods will have the option of handing out a card. There are 3 cards you can collect: the yellow card, the orange card and the red card.

The yellow card is the first warning card. This will not have any consequences.
Same goes for the orange card, which comes after the yellow card. However, we will be watching you more closely after this.
The red card means a temporary ban; 2 weeks sound for the first time, a month for the second time and an entire season for the third time they get a red card.
Should you get temporarily banned, you'll come back without penalty card.

Every penalty also causes your karma to go down by 10 points.

How do you get rid of your penalty cards, you say?
If we don't have to warn you for an entire month (including minor warnings), you will step down (i.e. if you have an orange card, it will be changed to a yellow card and if you have a yellow card, you will no longer have it after a month)

There will be seperate penalty cards for leagues and forums; if people behave in league games, they should not be banned from playing league games if they're only misbehaving on the forums.

Please note that we are not interested in any feud you may have with other people on the forums! If you're baiting people for a flamewar, that's a penalty card.
If you take the bait, that's also a penalty card, no exceptions!
The forums are not for personal squabbles and if you really want to settle things, we suggest you use the PM function or msn or other messengers (or a motel room).

We won't be handing out warnings to people for disagreeing. Just be polite :)

Basically, on the forums, it boils down to this:
  • Do not make fun of other people.
  • Do not insult other people.
  • Do not provoke others into flaming.

In the leagues, it boils down to this:
  • Obey the rules of the schemes.
  • Do not insult your opponent.
  • Do not try to manipulate the outcome of the game with something other than gameplay.
  • Making baseless complaints
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 06:53 PM by DarkOne »

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: Proposed courtesy rules
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 06:50 PM »
As we stated many many times, we want a very bigger community and the key to that is to create a friendly atmosphere. We are NOT suggesting you to fall in love with the people you dislike, but to ignore and leave them alone, at least on TUS community. You are free to kill each other anywhere but TUS, that's your personal life.

Thanks to DarkOne for posting this, our new leagues moderator. :)

Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline beer

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 06:56 PM »
thats the way. gj

drama queen iz back

Offline Ray

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 07:02 PM »
That is a useful step, I really like the idea itself! Nicely written post.

Question: will these warnings be shown in one's profile? I would like if they were shown on the forums, like removing these (in my opinion) pointless ranks like Full Member, Hero Member and the stars, and instead putting a Status or Warnings text there and showing the status of warnings.

Offline pr

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 09:29 PM »
Add points penalty to this. This could motivate at least.

Offline Ray

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 09:41 PM »
Add points penalty to this. This could motivate at least.
True, at least I know what I forgot to mention in my post. :P

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 05:20 PM »
I really like the thing a lot also !
But just 10 point to the karma is not so many imo :p

Offline HHC

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 05:31 PM »
Gj darkone.

One minor question: if you're banned from the forums, how do you make a complaint about a league game ???

p.s. I hope you guys manage to cleansweep the SB, that's the worst part of the site..

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 06:37 PM »
One minor question: if you're banned from the forums, how do you make a complaint about a league game ???

i think the best thing to do in that situation is to send a pm to all of the mods

Offline Ray

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2010, 06:46 PM »
Or simply banned people could still reach the Complaint board? ;)

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2010, 07:37 PM »
maybe that wouldnt be such a great idea, complaints contain just as many flames as other boards

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 04:06 AM »

p.s. I hope you guys manage to cleansweep the SB, that's the worst part of the site..

i think removing the SB would be a good thing. It mainly contains flames and anything worthy of a topic avoids getting posted in the forums!

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2010, 04:46 AM »

i think removing the SB would be a good thing. It mainly contains flames and anything worthy of a topic avoids getting posted in the forums!

Is everyone made of glass? People need to toughen up a bit.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline Ray

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2010, 05:43 AM »
Neither do I like SB, gives the site a bad name.

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 05:48 AM »
Neither do I like SB, gives the site a bad name.

What is wrong with the sb?
Your favorite ropers favorite roper