Forums
May 03, 2024, 11:08 AM

Author Topic: Tuning TUS...  (Read 5438 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

Tuning TUS...
« on: May 24, 2010, 11:25 AM »
Tuning process will be completed in these steps:

1. I'll be doing a recount of leagues points tonight, a bug appeared and messed some of the members points. You can freely continue playing TUS leagues, the recount will start from season 1 to the last game of  season 13. During the recount process reporting will be disabled. (It all will take less than an hour)

2. I'll change TUS addresses pattern. Basically we will move to subdomains.
e.g:

www.tus-wa.com/leagues/report/ => leagues.tus-wa.com/report
www.tus-wa.com/forums/profile/MonkeyIsland => profile.tus-wa.com/MonkeyIsland

3. I'll release a 'Files' part on TUS for hosting Worms-Updates/Programs/graves/flags/soundbanks...

4. Dust off challenges and turn its engine on :)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline darKz

Re: Tuning TUS...
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 11:31 AM »
Nice. When's it going to happen though? :)
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Maciej

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 11:40 AM »
oh, I'm waiting for challanges! Hope it's gonna be as popular as it was in other leagues :)

Offline GodiTo

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 12:35 PM »
Thank you MonkeyIsland. Good luck for coding XD

Offline inzsome

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 01:54 PM »
Nice, I'd participate in some challenges.

Offline nappy

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 07:15 PM »
Why? Imho, new patterns look uglier.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 07:23 PM by TenoriTaiga »

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 08:06 PM »

Hey, I agree, I was wondering why you changes this, it's bad for SEO you know ;) Full one were good !

And for example I was reading a thread, the URL was like https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/tryout
It was actually a thread from TdC tryout board, but couldnt know it =)

Anyway GJ for TUS MI and all the updates you make  :-*

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 04:51 AM »
Nice. When's it going to happen though? :)

Counting: 1 day.
New addresses: 5-7 days
Files: 1-2 days
Challenges update: 5-7 days

uglier? Then you are saying the current is ugly too. Any better form in your mind?

Hey, I agree, I was wondering why you changes this, it's bad for SEO you know ;) Full one were good !

Who told you that? Subdomain has higher rank to Google than anything else on the site.
E.g.  schemes.tus-wa.com > www.tus-wa.com/scheme/
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 10:34 AM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 10:36 AM »
Recounting finished. counted each game from the beginning of TUS one by one.
Also fixed the broken streaks. :)

Since have 2 different opinions about new urls, I'll do the files part now till the addresses decision gets more clear.

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010, 12:44 PM »

Who told you that? Subdomain has higher rank to Google than anything else on the site.
E.g.  schemes.tus-wa.com > www.tus-wa.com/scheme/

I mean google likes when there are "explicite" names on the URL, like tus-wa.com/category-name/page-name

Better than random numbers =) That's why i think if u remove some categories it's less good, but maybe it is not =x

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2010, 05:20 PM »
No category is getting deleted. The category-name is being moved to subdomain.
Also note that google do not like too long urls.

I got you solved then ;)
so what's your opinion TenoriTaiga?

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2010, 05:28 PM »
cool GJ, anyway i think u dont really care about SEO for TUS since the site popularity mostly comes from WN =)

Offline Ray

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2010, 05:48 PM »
Try searching for some general worms keywords with google, TUS will be on the top of the list quite many times. :)

Offline nappy

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2010, 09:59 PM »
uglier? Then you are saying the current is ugly too. Any better form in your mind?
Oh, sorry, misunderstanding :) Actually, I really like current patterns (like Doggy said, not random numbers or shit, but clean and nice urls).

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2010, 04:13 AM »
:o when did I say about random "numbers or shit"?

The category is moving to subdomain:
www.tus-wa.com/category-name/category-page/
will be
category-name.tus-wa.com/page-name

Where's random numbers there? XD