Forums
May 01, 2024, 05:00 PM

Author Topic: TUS awards 2011  (Read 24148 times)

Re: TUS awards 2011
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2012, 03:36 PM »
Being able to vote for yourself, or your clan/community should not be allowed, these votes should be a reflection of what other people think.

When I restarted these awards a while back, I thought the same thing, but there's also an argument to be made for the opposite side.
A while back, I asked to join TdC, because to me, it was (and still is) the coolest clan on WN (closely followed by RoH). So why shouldn't I be able to vote for TdC? I voted for TdC last year (before I joined them) and I don't think a shift has occurred in that time, so why shouldn't I be able to vote for TdC?
If this reasoning counts for me and TdC, why wouldn't it count for mm members and mm? or RoH members and RoH?

So I can't really restrict somebody's vote on community or clan for this reason.

What about voting for yourself? I think you should be able to vote for yourself as best BnGer, because you simply are (or at least were for the majority of the year - when you were still active). I've seen numerous FoS members already vote for you as best BnGer and tbh, it can hardly be disputed that you are. So why shouldn't you be able to vote for yourself?
Why shouldn't Cueshark be able to vote himself best sheeper? Why shouldn't Mablak and Random be able to vote themselves for best allrounder?
I found I wasn't able to give a satisfying answer to that question.

So then comes the next question: what about people who vote themselves the best in everything (when clearly, nobody is THAT good) and I came up with this answer:

I can tell you we have a couple of strong contenders already for that one :D

In all, the end result is a summation of what everybody thinks. Your votes will certainly matter for the end result, but if you're the only person to vote for something or some one, then that certainly won't make it (or him/her) a contender for top billing :)

Oh, and btw: to those who voted for me for best website designer: you give me too much credit! I only made one site and it's a crummy html project: http://d1.worms2d.info/
It's very flattering, but imo there are numerous people more deserving of your votes :)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 03:42 PM by DarkOne »

Offline BoNuS

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2012, 03:50 PM »
0k darkone but you know only That half the people who will vote in the first place is their own nickname but there is still 2 and 3 place but I still am for that to not vote for yourself / clan
!!! FULL Pack `TTRR` Maps By BoNuS !!! -- https://www.tus-wa.com/files/download/file-210-1/
!!! All Maps By BoNuS !!! -- https://www.tus-wa.com/maps/members/BoNuS/

Offline avirex

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2012, 04:12 PM »
whats wrong? you will win award where you best anyway. Biggest troll or maybe bng award even  ;D

Huahuahua! At least I didn't say it! But yeah, those awards are well earned and deserved for you from 2011, and you may even get 2nd place on best community ;)

And btw; nice voting page MI good job..but its to hard to vote on my phone, I'll wait until I'm at aPC. But when is the deadline dark one? I don't think you ever said
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 04:26 PM by avirex »

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2012, 04:40 PM »
There's a timer on top of the voting page, dear :)

Offline Ray

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2012, 05:35 PM »
How about you make two results? One with self-voting, one without?

Offline Rok

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2012, 06:21 PM »
@DarkOne: alright, it makes sense for Cueshark to vote himself as best sheeper, sure, but there's also hundreds of other people who'll vote for him, too, so that's not a problem. But the "coolest clan" award will suffer the most of self voting. Why don't we all just vote for our self and let the clan with most members win? Afterall we all think we're in the coolest clan, don't we?  ::) The point of this (and similar) awards is how others see us, not how we see ourselves, don't you think?

Rok must be jealous too. ::)

Of who??? Shoo :) I propose the "blondest wormer award", so you can vote for yourself ;)
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Peja

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2012, 06:33 PM »
@DarkOne: alright, it makes sense for Cueshark to vote himself as best sheeper, sure, but there's also hundreds of other people who'll vote for him, too, so that's not a problem. But the "coolest clan" award will suffer the most of self voting. Why don't we all just vote for our self and let the clan with most members win? Afterall we all think we're in the coolest clan, don't we?  ::) The point of this (and similar) awards is how others see us, not how we see ourselves, don't you think?

Rok must be jealous too. ::)

Of who??? Shoo :) I propose the "blondest wormer award", so you can vote for yourself ;)

why should we take all this so serious? like darkone said, theres is a reason why someone is in a clan, so i guess its ok. for example somehow i got on a good place with cd in last year, and we were a really small clan, maybe i was the only one voting of us and i didnt vote for ourselves. besides in every election you need to activate your base to win them, so why should it be different here?
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline franz

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2012, 06:50 PM »
it's a problem on both sides. with no self-voting -> as a clan grows -> the more it hurts their own clan's votes, assuming everyone votes for similar rivals.

limiting to only voting 3 seems to be the main problem. self-voting or not, it hurts the variety of who gets votes (self-voting only hurts it more). if the goal is to really see what the community thinks of each other, and not themselves, you may want to try something else next time.

you should rank as many people/things as possible, and self voting would be fine and even encouraged. even if everyone put their own name at the top of their list, the effect would be minimized since everyone's lists are so big.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 06:52 PM by franz »

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2012, 07:16 PM »

Uzurpator's screan xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Offline Ray

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2012, 07:17 PM »
Ah yea Chelsea, good thinking, I almost forgot! Silly me... ::)

Offline K1NG

« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2012, 02:00 AM »
Most Avoider ne1? ;)

Offline Devilage

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2012, 02:06 AM »
Well, stop being such a negative person, Komo, almost every time i read a comment of u on forums it's a complaint about something, the votes are secret, wich means u can vote everyone u want, and that includes ur self, I hope to read a positive comment of u in the future komo, u always want to try to change things around, and if ppl dont do what u want, u just say I won't parcipate coz it lacks of being good, the tus awards its just fine how it is atm, nothing personal, but ppl doesnt rly care if u like it or not.

Personally if being able to vote for yourself/clan/community is allowed, I won't be putting forward any my votes because then for me it's just a waste of time if the result is inaccurate.

that sounds so f@#!ing cocky dude.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 02:08 AM by Devilage »

Smoking proud.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2012, 08:23 AM »
=
that sounds so f@#!ing cocky dude.

Maybe to you, and a few others, but I hardly think the whole planet shares your opinion, some people like to take things serious, you should respect that, what is the problem if I don't want to share my vote if I feel my vote is wasted? And just because I won't cast my vote, doesn't mean I don't enjoy and respect the awards, probably less than 5% of my posts are complaints anyway lol, you are exaggerating, you don't like me very much, I get the point, but there is no need to lie about me mate.

I didn't post what I said with any egotism or attitude towards anyone, I didn't insult anybody whatsoever, in fact, compared to my previous behavior last year, this is a blessing lol, I think you are making mountains out of molehills Dev mate.

One more thing, about saying "stop being such a negative person", well, where is your evidence for that? People will only find things that they search for, and you my friend, are searching for negative comments from me, so you will find them, the same could be said for at least 10% of TuS members if you were so bothered, think back all the times me and you have played each other online, all the time we spent talking to each other in private, do you honestly think I am a bad negative person? I actually find that quite insulting, it doesn't bother me, because I am who I am, but it's still insulting.

Darkone - I know some people will have a problem with what I am about to say, for whatever reason, but anyway, I am not stupid, I am a smart person, I know I was the best at BnG, I would very rarely admit it or flat out say the words "I am the best", however I find it amusing how hypocritical so many people here are, calling me out and attacking me every individual time I ever showed the slightest bit of egotism for being the best at BnG, yet they go and vote for themselves or their clan, and then fail to even see the link here... I find some peoples stupidity hilarious.

I totally flat out disagree with your reasoning for being able to self-vote, if you want we can talk about that in private, no point upsetting more people publicly.

Anyway, could you post 2 seperate awards? One with self votes, and one without self votes? I would actually find it interesting to compare results and I am fairly sure there are plenty others who would appreciate a more serious awards list, even if the results are very very similar, a little bit extra work, to make more people happy, i'll even volunteer to help if it helps mate.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, I miss long posts, and it's quite funny knowing how many people are going to complain for the sole reason that this was a long post, xD

« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2012, 11:10 AM »
I voted for myself! Twice! Heieieiheiehei!

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2012, 11:47 AM »
I voted for myself! Twice! Heieieiheiehei!

i did it too, in many awards muahahahahaha