Forums
May 02, 2024, 08:30 PM

Author Topic: TUS current state and your help  (Read 10633 times)

Offline Crazy

Re: TUS current state and your help
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2012, 03:37 PM »
About behavior, MI said all.

About the TUS website design, I agree too. We need 1 design clean and funcional.

I have 1 more viewpoint to bring up here. I guess Team17 should make TUS the official WA communitty. We are the people who keep live the Worms Armageddon game. Team17 should support TUS with struture and prizes ($$$ to create championships and stuff). Also much ppl have many problems to download and play the WA because Team17 doesnt want to lose the rights. It stimulates the search for a crack (and illegal) game version. Okay, the CD costs few money and there are isos... However, It's boring to find a secure version of the game in da Web.

Tus members deserves advantages to play this game. WA is nothing without (t)us.

That attitude is the least we need professor. I'd rather say TUS is nothing without WA. Why should Team17 support TUS? They don't even give any support to Deadcode and Cybershadow, who really are the ones who have kept the game alive if any. Why should we be the official WA community? There are plenty of other important communities, such as NNN. We don't deserve anything to play this game, we play this game because we enjoy it. Lose that attitude Professor

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2012, 03:46 PM »
what is wrong with my viewpoint, Crazy?

Well, We are the consumers of a game created for Team17. The minimum what We need (at least) is a decent support techinal.

(IMO) We deserve to be the official comunitty because We are the most comunitty of the game. NNN and others comunities are important, of course. But it is clear everybody looks TUS as the biggest WA party. I have sure if Team17 valued the WA comunitties (independent what is the most), the WA game could be more attractive to newcomers plays.

Offline darKz

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2012, 03:49 PM »
Team17 should support TUS with struture and prizes ($$$ to create championships and stuff).

I almost cried.
This game will not have any company-sponsored events anymore, the only ones that ever existed were the Gigaliga playoffs here in Germany and that's 7 years ago now. And even those weren't sponsored by Team17.
Quit dreaming, 12 years passed since release and the game was never as popular as other games with leagues, prizes etc (CS 1.6, WC3, StarCraft ...) to begin with.

Oh and just to clarify this: Why should Team17 give a rat's ass about WA players? They don't owe us anything. In fact it's quite generous of them to have the original WormNET still running.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2012, 03:54 PM »
okay, it was just an idea, if i missed the point, let it be. I am just trying to find a way to help TUS and even the game.

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2012, 02:20 AM »
TUS has always been messy to me, I think this is undoubtedly a turnoff for newcomers. First of all, there just shouldn't be any moving stuff in the background, it's the kind of stuff you'd expect to see on a do-it-yourself page from the mid-90s.

People should instantly be able to know this is a Worms Armageddon site; the header should change. In fact, seeing the words 'the ultimate site' is quite confusing, since that title has nothing to do with WA at all. For the sake of saving space, just title it TUS Worms League or TUS Worms Community. Include an armageddon symbol and/or a worm.

I also don't think the worms terrain skins should be standard, much better to have a sleek, simple design to start with. And the top part has links that are out of order; Forums and Leagues should be very prominent, and should be listed first. 'Home' doesn't need to be an option, if you can allow us to click on the header instead.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2012, 07:24 AM »
xD

btw. WA Big Tutorial has fully been translated into English by Steps.

we could use it on front tus page maybe?

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2012, 09:24 AM »
TUS has always been messy to me, I think this is undoubtedly a turnoff for newcomers
Nah, I don't think so, it's very easy to navigate on, look:

(Well, a picture is worth a thousand words  :-*)

Twyf has shown you the first steps to design 101.
xD

Wow. Good job translating Steps. Is the video posted on the steams forum yet?

Does the author of the video speak english at all?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 10:01 AM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline StepS

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2012, 11:33 AM »
Does the author of the video speak english at all?
No, he can only use google translate at best  ;D

I heard Cueshark wanted to make his own voice dublication. If he still wants, I can give the source
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline ANO

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2012, 02:34 PM »
xD

I didn't know this video, well done Steps!

Offline StepS

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2012, 03:22 PM »
I didn't know this video, well done Steps!
this is not my video, see the author on the page. I only translted it
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Conny

• Quack

• Sweden Sweden
  • Quack!
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2012, 08:15 PM »

Nice. I never thought someone made a complete video about W:A like this guy. Sad that it's not in english, though. The text is alright but it's still a bugger considering how long the video is. It'd be so much nicer to watch the video with dubs.
Former xANKAx member.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2012, 11:59 AM »

Nice. I never thought someone made a complete video about W:A like this guy. Sad that it's not in english, though. The text is alright but it's still a bugger considering how long the video is. It'd be so much nicer to watch the video with dubs.

if you want this to happen send a PM to cueshark and convince him on how great of an idea this is
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Conny

• Quack

• Sweden Sweden
  • Quack!
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2012, 12:14 PM »

if you want this to happen send a PM to cueshark and convince him on how great of an idea this is

Is he the creator?
Well, I did PM him anyways. It'd be so awesome to have this tutorial in English and it surprises me that no one has done an English version yet.
Former xANKAx member.

Offline darKz

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2012, 12:22 PM »
He's not the creator but the man with the sexiest voice around. 8)
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline iamhammer

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2013, 12:02 AM »
I've been playing WA and WWP for over ten years, but this is the first time I've been to this site. I just registered today. Previously I played a port of WWP and WA on the Sega Dreamcast. That was a long time ago. I only played with my friends (but there were many of us to play) on my television, local games. Never could play over WormNet. I got the PC version, but it was not legit. I wanted to play online, but could not because it wasn't legit. I was of course willing to pay for the game but could not find it. Finally I had to order the game from Team17 store and have the discs sent overseas. The price was rather high if I recall and still I was unable to play online. I had to read through many help files about IP's being hardcoded into the game, and making edits myself so that I would be able to play online.
     My point is there have been many barriers to getting to play this game online, the reason to get involved in the community. The Team17 forums were a joke, the wiki still can't fix issues with hosting games, it's been the burden of the community to create work-arounds. I have recently bought the game again through Steam. I'm encouraging my friends to do this because now it will be easier for them to obtain and maintain the game.
     As for how to get newcomers to the site, a member of this site by the name of philie referred me here when I met him through WormNet. I suggest others engage in the WormNet chat more...