Forums
May 03, 2024, 04:35 AM

Author Topic: TUS Maps v1.0 released!  (Read 5761 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

TUS Maps v1.0 released!
« on: April 09, 2010, 06:07 AM »
Finally! I released it last night, but didn't announce it, so those of you who saw the links were the lucky ones ;)

This map db project is not new and was in TUS plan since the beginning. I have coded almost every idea I caught since.
I'd like to point out that TUS maps wouldn't be like this if there weren't help of pr and TenoriTaiga. Special thanks to you guys.

It is a pretty unique map database and I don't think our community had seen anything like it before.
TUS maps are completely connected to other parts of the site. As for the beginning, when you upload a map to TUS, TUS searches the entire game maps (and challenges) and finds out that where your map was played in and gives you the list of the games people played in it.
There are many hopes for this, like bringing the community more together and giving more activity to other parts of the site.

This is the announcement thread and I won't ramble more, as our routine, you can read the full list of guides here:

https://www.tus-wa.com/maps/
or here: (their direct forum posts)
https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/maps/

I haven't closed coding TUS maps, if you still has any idea, or you think some part is being coded badly, let me know.
Please report any bug.

Enjoy!
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline pr

Re: TUS Maps v1.0 released!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 06:37 AM »
I've read as "Please enjoy any bug" XDDDDDDDDD

Offline HHC

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 10:20 AM »
A job well done!

Now.. have you decided on the NSFW issue?

Btw, who gets to fix all the newb mistakes?  :-[

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 10:35 AM »
What is NSFW issue?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 10:39 AM »
Oo looks good, gj!:)

btw map editor link doesnt work on mad tus theme
"since most people tend to the order side, its my job to spread chaos" -peja

Offline HHC

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 10:46 AM »
What is NSFW issue?

not suited for work.. adult material.

You're soo naieve.  :D

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 10:49 AM »
They are based on the birthday you set in your profile :)
If you don't get qualified, you don't see them at all like they don't exist.

Offline HHC

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 10:57 AM »
Ah yeah, just noticed the adult-box, neado.

Anyway, I uploaded a .BIT, yet it shows as completely dark map??

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 11:15 AM »
It was another bug. fixed :)

Offline Free

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 11:32 AM »
VERY WELL DONE MAN! RESPECT TO THE MAX!

Thanks a bunch! :)

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 12:02 PM »
aye N1 MI.

I hope that you still get previews for each map in a map pack, otherwise people will upload each map individually!
worm and learn

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2010, 12:07 PM »
@free,
Glad you like it mate. ^^

@NAiL
Mappacks are created from the maps. In the mappack page you can view all of its maps and even comment on them. You can create as many folders as you need in a mappack to organize the maps well.

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2010, 12:27 PM »
ahh right right, gj that 1
worm and learn

Offline inzsome

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2010, 12:34 PM »
I think there's a "list all maps of this author"-option missing in the profile of one. Also, when I want to browse one authors' maps I end up at his/hers recently uploaded maps. It would be convenient to add something like "browse maps of this author sorted by scheme/sorted by rating" etc.

f@#!ing good job anyways!

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2010, 12:37 PM »
Unless I'm blind you can't really sort maps in any category? (rating, date of upload, name, downloads)

f@#!ing good job anyways!
And big up at lev/bit to png converter, whaaaaaatt. :)

Edit: @inza, yeah, that's what I meant, that's some major feature missing.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 12:47 PM by van »