Forums
May 01, 2024, 08:08 PM

Author Topic: TUS Tourneys + Cups update  (Read 8921 times)

Online MonkeyIsland

TUS Tourneys + Cups update
« on: August 30, 2010, 07:54 PM »
Ok, I'm gonna collect ideas for the next update of Cups, since:

Tourney = Cup without groups stage

So I'll release TUS tourneys along with Cups v1.1 (Using cups engine to handle tourneys)
Long time I didn't update anything for cups, so I put this in announcements to collect everything from anyone around.

I'll put the accepted ideas in this first post. So you can check this post every once in a while.
This is the TUS tourneys concept:

*A mod will submit his tourney, giving a starting time.
*Just like a cup, that tourney receives a page of its own.
*At the tourney signups time, it gets open. But instead of a mod in a channel, asking for people to PM him/her the info about them, mod simply gives that tourney page to people. People can click the famous "join" button of the tourney and signup. This way, mods doesn't have to tell the list of people who have registered so far. People check that tourney page to see who has registered. No one can fake anyone.
*Mods will choose the pairing system of the tourney. So basically no cheating mods.
*Mods will be available till the end of the tourney just to guide, handle complaints and proceeding People to the next stages. (people will report their replays right after they won)

Please keep every idea in this thread.
p.s, should we make cups and tourneys season based?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Ray

Re: TUS Tourneys + Cups update
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 08:57 PM »
Rating a moderator of a cup/tournament/challenge should be available only for people who take part in the actual event and it ended for them (they are eliminated or win medal/cup). Rating should be kept and an average should be shown in the moderators profile OR on a separate statistics page for the cups/tournaments/challenges.
p.s, should we make cups and tourneys season based?
Not the cups, but the tournaments should be season based and like this (in my opinion): TUS Staff can host the tournaments, one tournament every week (maybe this could change but only because of the different time zones), every month is one season, meaning we either have 4 or 5 tourneys in one season. The scheme should change in each tourney, based on a poll. Starting with the classic schemes, if some people want a new scheme into the roster, they can "nominate" it and people vote. :)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 09:01 PM by Ray »

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 08:46 AM »
maybe add rating of cups in each scheme ? elite rating, t17 rting, hyst rating ?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 08:53 AM »
Could you possibly please try to avoid having Tournaments around the same time as the weekly a2b Tournaments I host?

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 09:18 AM »
You could use tourney system to host a2b tourneys?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 09:25 AM »
MI, can u made tourneys and cups system 2vs2 or clanner ?)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 09:27 AM »
You could use tourney system to host a2b tourneys?

I could, but prefer doing it my way, some people that play are not registered at TuS, and refuse to register here.

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 10:08 AM »
Fair enough. I know who he is though :)

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 10:22 AM »
*auto popup reminder when they come to the site for people who are late for tourney.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 11:06 AM »
Fair enough. I know who he is though :)

There's more than one though.

Offline Ray

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 12:37 PM »
*auto popup reminder when they come to the site for people who are late for tourney.

Also, you HAVE TO include something for the cups that lists ALL the games you have to play in which cups and the deadline for them, if there is any.

Offline anoamas321

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 05:18 PM »
seeding cups/tournys so that top players dont play each other the final, this would be quite important if to have seasonal cups or tournys

Offline Gal

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 01:00 AM »
I think Cups should be disabled at all. and tourneys added. the "groups stage" part of cups is kinda messed up.

imo, once tus will do only tourneys, it'll be much easier, understandable, and many more ppl will participate.

deadline idea is great, i think when u log in into tus, and you'r participating any tourney, it should be highlighted (your next oponent + deadline) under "my panel" or somthing similar.

/Gal
"One of the things you learn after years of dealing with drug people, is that you can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug."

Offline avirex

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010, 01:02 AM »
omg.. there is even a hysteria community? heh.. awesome! :D

Offline Gal

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 01:09 AM »
omg.. there is even a hysteria community? heh.. awesome! :D

hahah :D
i know u rly wanna join .mpeg, but u must have tryout :(

;)
"One of the things you learn after years of dealing with drug people, is that you can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug."