Forums
May 05, 2024, 01:54 AM

Author Topic: About BNG ...  (Read 4789 times)

Offline avirex

Re: About BNG ...
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2011, 03:12 AM »
but, i thought u were the best thing to happen to bng? :D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2011, 03:23 AM »
Nah, I am just the best at it  :D

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2011, 11:52 AM »
lol Komo, I understand both arguments for and against all the rules in BnG.

It seems to me that its more skilled players who prefer all these rules as it makes the game more interesting. For those of us who aren't pro at the scheme, it just makes us want to play it less. Its the fact that the rules are pretty vague, theres no rules set in stone governing how you must shoot and Im tired of being called "lame" for throwing "easy" shots.

Imo there should be no rules and infinite teleports, f7 and f4. I use this reasoning all the time; If you are hiding somewhere where you can be easily hit by a 5 sec sitter, CHANGE YOUR HIDE! Do not say, "ok im in a bad hide here, so you must make your shot harder than it needs to be or else you are a lamer".

Ive seen this mentioned before and I think this would be the best thing to do. Make a rule that states you can throw any shot you like, sitter or not, however you may not hit with the same shot twice. For example, I hit a worm with a 5 sec sitter with no LG on one turn. My next hit MUST be either an LG nade or a zooka, then the process repeats. This would be the best way to keep a variation of shots in the scheme, without all the vagueness of the current "style governing rules".

I need to shred some bits of wood now so this wasnt the best constructed post, but you see the point im making. Im not sure I want to get into another never ending discussion about the rules of BnG, but if you want to ill be able to make better constructed arguments later tonight when im home!
worm and learn

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2011, 12:01 PM »
Well 1st off, I outright disagree with you saying those who aren't pro at the scheme want to play it less playing how we play it.

Since we started b2b we've actually influenced probably more than 200-300 people to play BnG a bit more evolved than oldschool, some still play, some don't, but that's definately more than the people who "hate" it the way we play. It's the same with all schemes, you have the people who like it enough to evolve/progress with it, and the people who don't.

When new players who have never been online before enter AG they always see a b2b member, and our members are all good spirited players and very helpful towards new players.

I am not trying to brag here, just telling the truth, we've probably turned down over 100 players who asked to join b2b (probably half isn't very serious, as in they probably don't really understand what they are joining).

I personally have the evidence to backup my point in regards to influencing other players, and if you want the proof, you can sift through the 10,000+ BnG's i've played over the last 6 years generously sharing skill, support and advice to anyone (whether I like them or not) who is interested in BnG.

And recent games in TuS show a steady increase in amount of BnG's picked this year, so if you ask me, BnG is buzzing right now :)

I can say the same for the ea Community, they have influenced Elite to so many players.

I rest my case.

Edit: I actually don't have the last year of my replays... I accidentally scrubbed one of my external hard drives from my new house while reinstalling windows on another PC... Something I feel crap about :'(

I edited this like 4-5 times I totally rushed it cuz i'm tired sorry if it's a bit rough lol.

Offline darKz

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2011, 01:20 PM »
* darKz still votes for no rules BnG in TUS.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 01:24 PM by Komito »
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2011, 01:24 PM »
* darKz still votes for no rules BnG in TUS.

I've said i'd play no rules BnG too, I like it, it's like, never miss material for me haha :)

Sorry I edited your post darKz I meant to hit "Quote" lol.

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2011, 04:52 PM »
Don't we have elite for that, Dark? :o

Schemes are what you make of them. If you want to make BnG awesome, you go for style because it adds a new challenge with it and a new layer of fun when a completely ridiculous attempt actually works :)
Every scheme can be played in the most lame way imaginable if results are all you care about and so, for every scheme you can say that it sucks and seriously needs to be replaced (except for bungeerace of course  :-*)

Offline nino

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2011, 05:24 PM »
id like a no rule bng too my hero, maybe cos iam not that good to make those awesome tricky shoots like komo and others do, all i want is hit my opponent hehe
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2011, 07:57 PM »

Schemes are what you make of them. If you want to make BnG awesome, you go for style because it adds a new challenge with it and a new layer of fun when a completely ridiculous attempt actually works :)
Every scheme can be played in the most lame way imaginable if results are all you care about and so, for every scheme you can say that it sucks and seriously needs to be replaced (except for bungeerace of course  :-*)

Elite is nothing like BnG... Elite is a tactics based scheme, in no way is it a form of no rules BnG, nor does it resemble any similarity to BnG, rules or not. You cant play a lame Elite, Team17, ttrr, Shopper, wxw.... or any other scheme for that matter. It annoys me so much when people yell "lame"  (as you have done to me for hiding on the edge in hysteria, a standard play) because they cant be bothered to think of a counter tactic in retaliation to a players safe play or darkside.

People that yell lame are the people who hate to lose the most, this is the great irony of it all. If I am playing a competitive game, of course I want to win, thats why im playing a competitive game. If I want to do crazy tricks with no thought given to the outcome of the game I will play a funner. Whilst I want to win, that doesnt mean I dont enjoy the process in between the start and end of a game. We play competitively because we enjoy competing and trying our hardest to outwit our opponent and win the game. Even if we lose, its the challenge that we enjoy. A win is just the icing on the cake. Whether I win or lose, I always say GG and I NEVER, EVER, EVER call people lame, unlike some people.

Its the fact that the rules of bng are so vague... people are thinking "Can I do this? Will I get called lame if I do this?" etc... I also dont see why you think that playing bng with no rules automatically makes the scheme "lame". People are still going to have to shoot well to win the game. They are also going to have to hide well, the scheme will still be dynamic and a variation of shots will still be required to win the game.
worm and learn

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2011, 08:21 PM »

Elite is nothing like BnG... Elite is a tactics based scheme, in no way is it a form of no rules BnG, nor does it resemble any similarity to BnG, rules or not. You cant play a lame Elite, Team17, ttrr, Shopper, wxw.... or any other scheme for that matter. It annoys me so much when people yell "lame"  (as you have done to me for hiding on the edge in hysteria, a standard play) because they cant be bothered to think of a counter tactic in retaliation to a players safe play or darkside.

People that yell lame are the people who hate to lose the most, this is the great irony of it all. If I am playing a competitive game, of course I want to win, thats why im playing a competitive game. If I want to do crazy tricks with no thought given to the outcome of the game I will play a funner. Whilst I want to win, that doesnt mean I dont enjoy the process in between the start and end of a game. We play competitively because we enjoy competing and trying our hardest to outwit our opponent and win the game. Even if we lose, its the challenge that we enjoy. A win is just the icing on the cake. Whether I win or lose, I always say GG and I NEVER, EVER, EVER call people lame, unlike some people.

Its the fact that the rules of bng are so vague... people are thinking "Can I do this? Will I get called lame if I do this?" etc... I also dont see why you think that playing bng with no rules automatically makes the scheme "lame". People are still going to have to shoot well to win the game. They are also going to have to hide well, the scheme will still be dynamic and a variation of shots will still be required to win the game.

Nail you couldn't be further from the truth, the fact that you even think this shows you have no idea about the present BnG community and the players who make it worth playing... Hardly anyone actually complains nowadays because most people DO play a bit more dignified than before, thinking people who yell lame are the ones who hate to lose the most? What exactly do you base that on lol?

Humans in general don't like to lose, anything lol.

And tbh I don't think anyone can say it better than DarkOne...

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2011, 08:32 PM »
hmmm... as to what exactly couldnt I be further from the truth? My karma just went up by 5 in the minutes after that post so obviously some people share my opinion.

Mate, what the hell are you talking about? Why are you talking about the "bng community" I DID NOT MENTION THE BNG COMMUNITY! My last post was mainly about people yelling "lame", please explain how what I said about that is far from the truth. IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BNG COMMUNITY!

My opinion is a reflection of those NOT A PART OF THE "BNG COMMUNITY". I understand that you guys like to play with style in mind, I UNDERSTAND THAT! I UNDEEERSTAND THAAAATTTTT!!!!!  Stop bringing up the "bng community" when its VERY CLEAR I am not talking about the BNG community, cant make that any more obvious.

My point is about BnG as a TUS LEAGUE SCHEME, and the rules of BnG AS A TUS LEAGUE SCHEME! I UNDERSTAND, that you love BnG and are a member of the "BnG community", but let me say this again, I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE BNG COMMUNITY NOR DID I ONCE MENTION THE BNG COMMUNITY.

My opinion is that of one of the many LEAGUE PLAYERS who dislike the current rules of BnG as a TUS LEAGUE SCHEME, the vagueness of the rules and the possibility of changing the rules to make the scheme more accessible and more enjoyable AS PART OF A TUS LEAGUE SCHME!

Just incase you forget, I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE BNG COMMUNITY NOR DID I ONCE MENTION THE BNG COMMUNITY, SO STOP SAYING I DONT KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!
worm and learn

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2011, 08:33 PM »
Nail, seriously, you don't know what you are talking about, stop typing as if you are shouting, It doesn't make you any louder lol, f@#!ing calm down you freek haha.

Just winding you up lol, jus cuz it's easy lol, but nah man seriously, I ain't even gonna reply to you anymore because you think everything is against you in some way endangering your health or something, you take arguements way way way too seriously and continously make wrong assumptions.

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2011, 08:34 PM »
Classic komo, chat shit and then unable to justify the shit he just chat.

Fail.
worm and learn

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2011, 08:37 PM »
Nail, you will NEVER win this one, NEVER, i've played more BnG's with more people than you could imagine, "lame lame" etc isn't a big deal anymore.

Now shutup and stop moaning ffs, all you ever do is moan moan moan moan, moan moan whine... f@#!ing chillout lol, i'm on holiday !

And what a surprise the people who "applauded" you are the same bunch that don't like me lol, whoopdee f@#!ing doo, that doesn't make you right, who the f@#! cares about f@#!ing karma, f@#!ing grow up lol.

Offline nino

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2011, 08:38 PM »
komo, nail actually has a point here, it seems that peoples have to play with some style and make tricky shoots only cos bng community, talking about myself, i even like bng, but like i said all i want is hit my opponent, it is kinda boring to me have to make shoots with lg bounces and stuff when i can throw a nade and still hit ae.

thats what nail meants ae.

the skill in b2b is very high and rest of TUS is diferent ae.

You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.