Forums
April 28, 2024, 12:38 AM

Author Topic: BnG advice  (Read 5245 times)

Offline TheKomodo

BnG advice
« on: June 16, 2010, 12:28 PM »
Ok, I have some spare time on my hands, so i'm going to write some BnG tips for anyone who does not know any of these tips, some are basic, some are a little more technical or something some people wouldn't think of.

1. No wind zook acts more or less exactly like a grenade, for example, a 4s full power grenade will do the same as a no wind zook, except a zook will go a couple pixels further, for example, you just tried a 4s full power grenade, it hit the last couple of pixels of a branch on a tree, if you get no wind zook next turn, do the same aim as the 4s grenade, and do full power, it should clear the tree *note - this only works after a certain amount of distance* which you can figure out yourself.

2. If you hit with a 3s grenade and it's an impact shot, you could always re-aim to the exact same aim, select 4s with lg, and aim a very little amount further, and I do mean VERY LITTLE, and just figure out the power.

3. The aim for a 4s max bounce lg floorbank shot is usually the same angle as a 5s LG nade flipped upside down with 4s, max bounce and a bit more pwoer.

4. A 5s lg grenades aim is just a little further than a 4s full power shot aim.

5. Those 5s max bounce grenades you see when they bounce roughly in the middle of both worms then back up over and hits, is the same aim as a 4s full power grenade, however after a certain distance between worms, you will have to aim the smallest amount less than a 4s full power shot.

6. Re-aiming, a quick, easy and fair way of re-aiming a shot that everybody should know - where the aim was correct but the power was wrong, OR power was right, just the aim was off slightly, instead of just moving the cursor and trying to guess the aim again, put your thumb (or another finger) over the cursor, move it back to vertical or 45 degrees, and you will find the same aim again easy, and you can adjust, being able to do this within 3-4 seconds, still leaving you plenty time to think of your shot, or where you went wrong.

7. A no wind LG zook at full power, is aimed at half the distance of a full power 4s grenade.

8. 1 wind (facing you) zook shots - these can be done with the same aim as a 3s grenade, the power needed for them to hit are usually around 90%-100% depending on how much distance is between the worms.

9. ALWAYS go for the push-shot, always try to control your opponents angle by limiting it, sometimes the best shot isn't always full damage, if you can master push-shots, you master league games, although it happens alot unexpectedly or will happen anyway because of where they stand, knowing what type of shot to use and when to use it can help ALOT.

I hope you enjoy these tips and I hope they help, however I won't give out all my trade secrets :P

Thanks, Komo.

Offline Free

Re: BnG advice
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 01:22 PM »
Great!

Thanks alot broski. :)

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 01:34 PM »
instead of just moving the cursor and trying to guess the aim again, put your thumb (or another finger) over the cursor
This is pretty lame you know. -.-

Anyway, nice topic, but I think it would have been better if players found those things by themselves...
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline Maciej

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 01:40 PM »
yeah it's lame... i never do that, at the start of every turn i re-aim quickly and don't care about my last aim, it makes my skill better

but as i watched some komo games i saw that he waits at start of mostly turns 2-3 sec, and then move his aim, well everybody got a tactic and it's not allowed

Offline wormf00d

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 05:02 PM »
the moment i saw the title of this topic and before reading through the tips i just f@#!in knew there were going to be negative comments lol

is this why komo can beat the both of u drunk with 9 fingers in a cast? :)

these are useful tips! dont bash them!

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 05:40 PM »
Hehe, that's Komo power. But this era is soon over. :something diabolical:

these are useful tips! dont bash them!
Sure they are ! But it's like giving solution of a game you just bought.
You need to train in this scheme to learn about it, and if you really can't improve, even after years of training, then we can give you some advices, but not the solution himself ! <.<
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 05:43 PM by Abnaxus »

Offline wormf00d

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 06:16 PM »
valid point, cant argue much with that :)

then again some people will find it useful and bam! a new komo is born

..not :P

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 08:23 PM »
Maybe i'm fed up being ridiculously better than anyone else?

Anyway, the re-aim thing is not lame, I am not using any program to do it, i;m using my own human body, it's perfectly natural :)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 08:27 PM »
Sure they are ! But it's like giving solution of a game you just bought.
You need to train in this scheme to learn about it, and if you really can't improve, even after years of training, then we can give you some advices, but not the solution himself ! <.<

I don't agree with this, i've just told people how certain shots are, it still takes ALOT of practise to get them right, you still have to master the aim for them for starters, the power which is the hardest and knowing how much power to use depending on how far your worms are and how high/low they are.

I'm just trying to help out :S

Offline darKz

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 08:42 PM »
I'm just trying to help out :S

LIAR!! BASH 'EM!!!11 :D
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Ray

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 08:49 PM »
Hey, in RRs, go fast, that way you have a chance to win!

BUMM, I'm an asshole, I told everyone how to beat anyone at RR! Be fast, ZOMG, THIS THOUGHT NEVER OCCURED TO ME!

How can you guys be so narrow-minded? This is like HHC's T17 tutorial or Dario's Intermediate tutorial, or the whole Elite community that was created on TUS. Now go and bash them also, will ya? No, of course not.

Can't believe that you guys actually attacked Komo for doing that, I don't know what's wrong with you people.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2010, 09:00 PM »
Sounds a bit like flame.

Anyway, I don't attack him, I just said he should have been less direct in his post.
And if you had read the whole topic, you would have seen the "nice topic". Strange way to attack someone, isn't it ?

Well, good luck to everyone who wanna be a BnGer (a real one for sure), and don't forget there is the a2b league ! Which is the best way to improve your skills and have a lot of fun !

Offline Ramone

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 02:10 AM »
Hehe, that's Komo power. But this era is soon over. :something diabolical:

What do U mean "this era is soon over"? What's gonna happen?   ???

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 06:02 AM »
but as i watched some komo games i saw that he waits at start of mostly turns 2-3 sec, and then move his aim, well everybody got a tactic and it's not allowed

There are actually a few reasons for this, the main one being, because I spend the 1st 5s (think time) and an extra couple seconds (only sometimes) checking what shot I can use and what has the best chance of hitting with an added push, after 99% of hits, the angle changes, so you have to re-check the angle of the shot you need to hit them, plus I check the distance between worms, why would anyone shoot blind? But also I am always minimising to check websites/MSN/ag etc so sometimes i'll miss a few seconds of a turn, it always looks like a few seconds because when you are minimised when it is YOUR turn, wa icon flashes and makes a beep sound to alert you when it is your turn (this also happens when you receive a PM in-game)

And if you are going to say I notch lol, I have already admitted I started out BnG'n with notching and stopped very shortly afterwards, I think I have proved this with some of the shots I do are impossible to notch.

Lol Rok don't worry, I know Abnaxus wouldn't attack me, me and him are good friends, I taught him alot of BnG :P He is one of the few players I personally find dangerous to BnG against because of his ability to use a variety of shots.

Offline wormf00d

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 09:27 AM »
zomg i lost a rep point cuz of this thread