Forums
April 30, 2024, 11:06 PM

Author Topic: Check this out DubC :)  (Read 3300 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Check this out DubC :)
« on: August 09, 2011, 11:57 AM »
http://www.mediafire.com/?xpqt69nxtlnymx0

A sample of me messin around with DubStep, it's my 1st attemp, took me like 10 minutes to put together that clip after researchin how to make DubStep basslines, hope you like it cuz i'm a DubStep producer now :)

Theres no FX or anything because like I said it's just a test, i'll finish a polished version of this clip tomorrow after work and mess around with the bassline a bit, but I am really enjoying messin with Dubstep atm, :)

Offline Dub-c

Re: Check this out DubC :)
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 02:50 PM »
Wow, seriously you made this?

f@#!ing awesome man!
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 02:57 PM »
you guys know dubfx right?
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 07:39 AM »
Ah ropa, that was impressive, that guy is incredibly good :)

Dub yeah, I use Nuendo 3 to produce, For that bassline I used 3 copies of Massive, each with a slightly different lfo shape, and I used a BitCrusher, distortion and EQ effects for 2 of them, and just distortion and EQ for the other one.

It's a relief that you think that sounds good, short but inspiring words thanks man.

Right now i'm going to spend a few hours on the same clip, but I am going to add more in depth effects, use better instrumentals, do a better mixdown, and master it a bit, and upload it before I go to bed, and see what you think, i'll do like a little chorus, maybe record some vocals.

The sort of Trancey lead you hear was done on my Roland SH201, I also have a Kaos KP3 Effects/Sampler Pad, here are some pics of my setup atm, the PC on the left with the Yellow circled Monitors(Speakers) is the PC I produce on, and most of what I use now is legit, everything I have which is cracked I will be buying within the next year, and I intend to spend all my free time (No more WA more or less) in the near future and from then on producing music, IF I enjoy it enough and don't get fed up again, i've found new love for music in DubStep, I have so many inspirtations atm and so many ideas flowing around, i'll try make summin really really heavy/cool with this clip:

I have to use the TV box atm because I have a Korg R3 Synthesizer/Vocoder as well but I won't be able to use it until my Double Synth Stand arrives, so where that Synthesizer is there will be 2 soon, but here have a peek at some of the things you can achieve professionally with the Korg R3 Synthesizer/Vocoder:

On a sidenote, I think this guy would own everyone, even Mablak, at TTRR xD

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 11:47 AM »
Hey Dub, here's the finished clip, changed it in almost every way possible, it isn't what it was, I spent like 4-5 hours messing about making my own sounds, I think this actually sounds pretty cool haha:

http://www.mediafire.com/?p5rylswr1y5yklp

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 03:43 PM »
Sounds cool mate but you really gotta layer up more tracks to give it more texture. It also sounded like there where a lot of pre installed instruments used, especially the drums! Too much reverb on the kick drum made it sound soft, not snappy enough.

But for a first attempt, not bad! You really gotta spend some weeks on a track though, layer it up (especially for dubstep/dnb drums), the more tracks you have the better!
worm and learn

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 04:02 PM »
Hey Dub, here's the finished clip, changed it in almost every way possible, it isn't what it was, I spent like 4-5 hours messing about making my own sounds, I think this actually sounds pretty cool haha:

http://www.mediafire.com/?p5rylswr1y5yklp

I'm blown away! Can't believe you can create something this good in 4-5 hours! It definitely sounds cool.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 09:58 PM »
Yeah nail I know it needa more depth but that isn't a proper song remember I know I won't finish it so no point spending too much time on it, I like kicks with a bit of reverb but I just couldn't get that one right and ciouulnd't be arsed chanigng it,  and for the entire insturmental i edited each sound, I just got lazy with the mixdown cuz as i said cba spending the time as it's an example for the basslines, I was going to try and properly master it but to be honest it's my weakness so I just threw in some simple kick and hit hats with. A snare and edited the sounds slightly, I never use straight samples, I always edit stuff so it's more original.

Seeing as I am new to dubstep it's really important to get good criticism like that so thanks nail, unfortunately I won't be able to do much in next week as gotta finish getting lalo's room ready lol, my double stand arrived so I will be setting up my vocoder and shit for cool vocals n stuff, also I might go to college to learn more about mixdowns EQ and mastering and compression, I really need to learn those thinga or my music will always lack the proper sound, also dub, wait till you hear some of the other mad dub sounds i made while f@#!ing around lol.

Anyway, at work better go lol.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 01:58 PM »
Ok, I just spent the last 3-4 hours making this following track, it's only 1:22 atm, I started form scratch, made all the sounds myself, edited absolutely everything (Apart from vocal lol), done a better mixdown but it's not finished, I still got rest to finish lol, but if I may say so myself it's sounding really nice so far :)

I'll work on it later got too much to do atm lol, I hope you like this one though Nail/DubC :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?hobyqoohb5flgll

I dunno how you enjoy it, but I personally love all the reverb with the leads, it's just one of my preferences at times, I don't do that all the time though, I just think it sounds neat like this it's worked out pretty well.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 04:43 PM »
Lol I spent about 2 hours doing this:

http://www.mediafire.com/?wtz2dqf6eqnux84

This is the best yet, omfg my ears are about to cream...

Nail, I think i've "nailed" this one ;) xD

Offline OrangE

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2011, 01:59 AM »
nice!! do u use samples? which softwares are u using?

Offline Devilage

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2011, 03:23 AM »
you guys know dubfx right?

Aye but this song kicks ass

Edit: oh forgot good stuff komo, myy gf loves dubstep :) and she liked this.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 03:28 AM by Devilage »

Smoking proud.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2011, 06:58 AM »
nice!! do u use samples? which softwares are u using?

Cheers mate, it's quite a good feeling to get great feedback for small beats, especially little clips I haven't finished properly like that.

Currently I am using Nuendo 3.2 but I will be changing to Cubase 5 by the end of the month, I use kontakt for instrumentals, I don't use loops, the only samples I use are instrumentals like kicks/snares/percussion(hi hats/claps etc) but I edit every single sample I use (the samples I do use are free and legal to edit/use andpublish).

Most of my higher registry lead sounds come from my Roland SH201 Synthesizer that I program myself, I use my Korg R3 Synthesizer/Vocoder for fun atm, but as of now I will be using it in my songs because I have plans for the Vocoder/Singing/Vocal stabs etc.

For basslines I usually use Massive and FM8 VST's as well as the standard "a4" synthesizer VST that comes with Nuendo, I sometimes use other VST's but very rarely.

I also have a Kaos KP3 effects/sampler Pad which I don't even really know how to use but I just bought it cuz it's so f@#!ing cool and in the hands of an expert, a very very very useful and cool thing to have for a producer, i've messed around with it a little and you can get some really really nice effects for more or less anything, it has so many uses I can't even begin to describe if you are interested search online for a demo.

I have a very large sample library but I haven't even used 10% of it in the last 10 years, music is a hobbie, but I am more serious about it now, I intend to be able to produce music to a professional level within the next 10 years, I don't plan on becoming famous or mega rich through this, but it would be nice to get my music out there even if for free just knowing people will enjoy it and maybe dance to it, one of my life goals is to get a song I produced remixed by a well known artist and tbh right now I wouldn't even care making any money, i'd let them just remix and keep the profits just as long as people know it was my original, but that's a pretty far fetched goal and more of a bonus I won't beat myself up about it if it never happens :)

Hey Dev thanks too that's great haha, i'll give you a shout when I actually finish something, won't be for a while yet as I am just exploring and experimenting with multiple genres atm.

For anyone interested, a few people have said this is the best stuff I produce, I just call them "Game Loops" cuz for me it's like music from various computer games lol, you can imagine any game you want, doesn't even have to be a game actually could be a movie or whatever:

http://www.mediafire.com/?v2ors7n6g8avh5c

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2011, 07:21 AM »
wrong topic
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 01:20 PM by NinjaCamel »
"since most people tend to the order side, its my job to spread chaos" -peja