Forums
April 27, 2024, 06:02 PM

Author Topic: DarkOne, you were right :)  (Read 2758 times)

Offline TheKomodo

DarkOne, you were right :)
« on: August 24, 2011, 07:22 AM »
Yeah i've been off cigs for like, 5-6 months now? Well since that topic anyway, quite a while, I just had a cig, not cuz I felt like I had to, just to see what it tasted like after so long without them, and it f@#!ing sucks lol, it tastes HORRIBLE !

After a few puffs I literally said "ahhhh f@#! that man" and threw it away lol.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
Re: DarkOne, you were right :)
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 08:56 AM »
it not only tastes horrible, it also hurts your head.

The first 4 months are nothing, the phisical dependency is close to null from my own experience.
Now, the hard part comes when you've stopped smoking in your day to day, work, home, sleep, and then comes the weekend and suddenly you find yourself in the middle of a club with a glass in your hands and the desire to have a fag in your mouth, that's the real test, as well as overcoming your mind, when it tries to convince you that your life was exactly the same as when you smoked (you're young, I doubt your lungs have suffered enough damage that it actually affects you) except that now, cig free, you have one less distraction.

Also I've found that the times I've managed to stop smoking for a long period of time my social skills struggle. Cigs save you from a lot of awkward moments, specially with girls in private, girls you've just met recently. It's also a great scapegoat to meet new people, let's go out for a smoke, yadda yadda.
It also prevents you from dancing like an idiot with your right hand.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 08:59 AM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 09:25 AM »
I didn't get a sore head lol, I quit drinking also, I can't drink and not smoke atm, it's kinda like, I drink VERY VERY fast, and when I smoke it sort or, helps slow it down, I know this might sound stupid, but it worked for me...

And yeah cigs can save you from alot of awkward moments, true, but, at the same time it creates new opportunities for meeting girls too, so many girls HATE smokers, like seriously some girls look at you, see the cig, and just forget you exist, last month I was telling this girl I quit smoking, a girl that knew I smoked before, and she seemed REALLY impressed when I was telling her about the changes in my life, I find it so easy to approach girls cuz I simply don't care what they think lol, what's the point in worrying what someone thinks about you, when you don't even know them lol.

Offline Prankster

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 11:26 AM »
And yeah cigs can save you from alot of awkward moments, true, but, at the same time it creates new opportunities for meeting girls too, so many girls HATE smokers, like seriously some girls look at you, see the cig, and just forget you exist, last month I was telling this girl I quit smoking, a girl that knew I smoked before, and she seemed REALLY impressed when I was telling her about the changes in my life, I find it so easy to approach girls cuz I simply don't care what they think lol, what's the point in worrying what someone thinks about you, when you don't even know them lol.

Seriously Komo, what? :D

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 12:37 PM »
I didn't get a sore head lol, I quit drinking also, I can't drink and not smoke atm, it's kinda like, I drink VERY VERY fast, and when I smoke it sort or, helps slow it down, I know this might sound stupid, but it worked for me...
It's not stupid, I think it happens to most.

Luckily for me, smoking is not looked down upon here in Spain, not yet at least. Plus, I'd lose big chunks of my personality if I stopped smoking. Cancer sticks offer too much in the form of gesticulation and corporal language.

MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Immortal

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 07:41 PM »
You're a doctor darkone right?

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 08:44 PM »
Yes, he had to pick one career or another after realizing how much he sucks at worms
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 08:47 PM »
Lmao.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Devilage

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 10:44 PM »
and then comes the weekend and suddenly you find yourself in the middle of a club with a glass in your hands and the desire to have a fag in your mouth, that's the real test.

thought u were talking about cigs XD

Smoking proud.

Offline Devilage

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 10:46 PM »

LMFAO!

ups spam D:

Smoking proud.

Offline OrangE

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 12:07 AM »
it not only tastes horrible, it also hurts your head.

The first 4 months are nothing, the phisical dependency is close to null from my own experience.
Now, the hard part comes when you've stopped smoking in your day to day, work, home, sleep, and then comes the weekend and suddenly you find yourself in the middle of a club with a glass in your hands and the desire to have a fag in your mouth, that's the real test, as well as overcoming your mind, when it tries to convince you that your life was exactly the same as when you smoked (you're young, I doubt your lungs have suffered enough damage that it actually affects you) except that now, cig free, you have one less distraction.

Also I've found that the times I've managed to stop smoking for a long period of time my social skills struggle. Cigs save you from a lot of awkward moments, specially with girls in private, girls you've just met recently. It's also a great scapegoat to meet new people, let's go out for a smoke, yadda yadda.

exactly lol. i stopped for 5 months now i'm back addicted as hell... can't avoid to smoke if i drink or i go out, i just want to do it even if i know that it's dumb.

Offline nino

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 01:46 AM »
if i quit smoking, i have to quit worms too, i cant play elite without some cigs lol, ye that sucks, i dont want leave worms now tho. So i keep f@#!ing my body :(
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline wormf00d

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2011, 09:02 AM »
We all like fags in our mouths <3