Forums
May 14, 2024, 03:09 AM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] group chatbox new input and refresh order  (Read 1003 times)

[SOLVED] group chatbox new input and refresh order
« on: September 04, 2012, 10:19 AM »
Hey,
Here is the chat with D1.

zippeurfou: [Today at 12:15 PM]
was fine for me before but not anymore
 DarkOne: [Today at 12:14 PM]
I thought MI fixed that one
 zippeurfou: [Today at 12:14 PM]
and when it refresh it goes to the bottom :x
 zippeurfou: [Today at 12:14 PM]
hehe :p btw now when there's a new post it's at the top and not the bottom. Is that a bug ?

Don't have to say much more except this group chatbox gonna kill our forum :D

Re: group chatbox new input and refresh order
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 03:07 PM »
Note: I tried on firefox and it works there.

Offline HHC

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 04:42 PM »
What's kinda annoying still is that it doesn't go to the very bottom from the start, but you still need to scroll down a little to see the latest shout. I think it goes to the shout from the last time you entered tus (and not the very bottom where you can see what's been posted since).

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 05:07 PM »
it is already fixed as darkone said. The problem is your browerccs cache. Today's browers love to cache images and js scripts. Once a change is made you need to empty your cache of that site. Ctrl + f5 does trick on most browsers. For opera ctrl + R empties the cache.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline StepS

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 05:18 PM »
it is already fixed as darkone said. The problem is your browerccs cache. Today's browers love to cache images and js scripts. Once a change is made you need to empty your cache of that site. Ctrl + f5 does trick on most browsers. For opera ctrl + R empties the cache.

doesn't seem to be fixed...
here is what happens in Chrome: open a group chatbox, it's already scrolled to the bottom.
scroll it to top, write a message, you will be punched by autoscroll to bottom again, and you have to slide up to see it again
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 05:28 PM »
I'm not home now, is it OK in firefox?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 05:30 PM »
I haven't seen this bug since you fixed it (I'm using firefox)

Offline cOke

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 06:13 PM »
i'm using Opera and have cleared cache with ctrl+r and i still see the same on the site

the bug is that in group or clan shoutboxes the window is always scrolled down the bottom i.e. the first message, and not the last message, correct?

if I open the boxes right now I have to scroll all the way up to see the latest messages
HNN4EVA

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 06:19 PM »
i'm using Opera and have cleared cache with ctrl+r and i still see the same on the site

the bug is that in group or clan shoutboxes the window is always scrolled down the bottom i.e. the first message, and not the last message, correct?

if I open the boxes right now I have to scroll all the way up to see the latest messages
listen to the wise madog +1

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 07:27 AM »
Ok try this time. Confirm please. Make sure you reset cache before testing.

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 09:30 AM »
Work on chrome now. Didn't try on firefox yet.

Offline HHC

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 09:52 AM »

See attachment for what I mean. I don't have the wrong order thing, but I need to scroll down a tiny bit every time to get to the very bottom of the chat. It's pretty annoying.

Offline cOke

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2012, 03:30 PM »
ok yea it works now that the newest messages are at the bottom! i think this is more intuitive anyway, it's more like how any chat/IM programs scrolls with new messages being posted at the bottom rather that shoutbox style. unlike HHC mine scrolls all the way to the bottom.
HNN4EVA

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2012, 07:38 PM »
working perfect monkey woop woop

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2012, 07:52 PM »
To save users from regular cache clearing you can make links like: /script.js?2 -> /script.js?3 -> ... But it will be a problem if there are many such files, so you either need to pack all scripts into a single js file or create links dynamically...

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win