Forums
April 26, 2024, 03:03 PM

Author Topic: I hate "I quit threads".  (Read 5420 times)

Offline avirex

Re: I hate "I quit threads".
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2014, 06:33 PM »
SPW, even then your not a professional..

i have won money in a poker tournament with some friends b4, am i a professional poker player?

i also win some money from time to time playing pool, amd i a professional pool player??

the answer is no... in order to be professional, you have to make a living at it...

just to clear things up, but yes... we know what ray meant, he played competitive, at a high skill.. and for this, the world thanks you.

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2014, 07:08 PM »
Last year we held a private RoH elite tournament where the prize pool reached 2001 euro so I wouldn't go throwing the 'highest-payout-in-worms-history' term around. It's all well-documented.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2014, 07:20 PM »
Hey Ray,

Sad to see you're getting completely inactive.
You're one of the very first people who helped me with W:A (also recruited me for dP), so I should thank YOU Ray :)

Hopefully you are and will be doing great with your career.
You know how to reach me if you needed any help! Also feel free to come back anytime and post "I was wrong" threads. ;)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Csongi

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2014, 07:53 PM »
who was sponsoring that giga thing ? ;o
2k eruos is a nice sum ;d

OT : Wish you the best,Ray !  ;D
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." - Robert Orben

[avirex`mm] ill rape ur mother
[avirex`mm] twice in the same night
[avirex`mm] and she will ask for a third
[avirex`mm] cuz she's a whore

kins> Don't let girls ruins ur tus games :)

Offline Anubis

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2014, 08:14 PM »
The trolls are strong in this thread.  ::)

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2014, 01:29 AM »
avirex is right.  break it down:

profession-al

Worms have never been anyone's profession or livelihood.  Unless there is a secret high stakes paypal gambling operation we all don't know about.

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2014, 01:47 AM »
Theres only one professional clan in WA and its aAa.
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline darKz

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2014, 10:43 AM »
Well shark won that GIGA thing twice, he got 4.000€ out of it - a sum which you can pay rent and food for 3-4 months in Germany.
Being able to pay rent and food for a duration of several months makes something professional to me. If you wanna keep talking about this topic please do so in a separate thread, you're very welcome to open one yourself if you want to know more about it, Walrus.

OT: Ray I'm kind of sorry some people don't give a f@#! about your thread.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2014, 11:22 AM »
Stay in touch, Ray :) Nothing wrong with playing the occasional funner! It's what I did when my job started eating my time like crazy :o Good news that your career is going places, though :)
You might even start to like some of the niche schemes :)

Offline Hussar

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2014, 12:02 PM »
take care Ray, we will miss you bro !

Offline SPW

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2014, 12:14 PM »
Well shark won that GIGA thing twice, he got 4.000€ out of it - a sum which you can pay rent and food for 3-4 months in Germany.
Being able to pay rent and food for a duration of several months makes something professional to me. If you wanna keep talking about this topic please do so in a separate thread, you're very welcome to open one yourself if you want to know more about it, Walrus.

OT: Ray I'm kind of sorry some people don't give a f@#! about your thread.

Hm, I thought only grandslam V having that huge payout. But I could be wrong.

But yea, this thread should be for Ray only. So we should respect it. Ray, I will miss you and I really hope you will find time to play this year EAC.  :)

Offline Random00

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2014, 01:11 PM »
I'm sad to read this. We really had a lot of cool games together and developing the eac site for eac 2012 was really cool 8)
I wish you all the best for what you're doing now.
And hopefully we can play some occasional funner at some point ^,^

Offline Ray

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2014, 04:55 PM »
professionally
What were your monthly WA earnings?

I think he actually means a professional gaming attitude rather than really earning money with it.
They know what I mean. :)

For some people, it's enough to just play around, but for some of those, who experienced the higher levels of the game (not that I suggest I'm one of those) it's not enough anymore and they want to get that feeling back of being high, being competitive and will feel unhappy when they are not capable of. Sort of like a drug.

Anyway, thanks for your kind words, love you all. I will make sure to be part of EAC. If nothing else, at least that... ;)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 05:28 PM by Ray »

Offline avirex

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2014, 07:26 PM »
omg darkz, u think ur the forum mod again???

ahahhaha ur post made me laugh ;D

Offline SPW

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2014, 07:42 PM »
Let it be, avi. I am with darkz cause he is just right.  :P

@Ray, nice to read that you wanna join EAC. At least to beat me again ehe  ;D :)