Forums
May 02, 2024, 06:51 AM

Author Topic: Weekly TTRR Challenges  (Read 5840 times)

Offline Ray

Re: Weekly TTRR Challenges
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2010, 09:33 PM »
It would be cool to have a similar system to Football, for example.

Premier league
1st Division
2nd Division

Setup some sort of average TTRR map to see who gets what division, for example, 15 players enter, the best 5 times go to the Premier, the last 5 the 2nd division and the 5 in the middle go to the 1st division, people in the 2nd division that come in the top 2 get moved up, same with the 1st division, and people in the Premier that come last 2, get moved down to the 1st division, and last 2 in 1st division get moved to the 3rd division, seeing as you all get points for your position in the challenges this will decide the standings in each Division...

it was my idea...
Actually, it was my idea, in the Hungarian Worms League we play in different divisions for like a year and a half already... So credits for me, KKTHXBYE!!! :)

The problem with this system (even in a much closer community like we are, I mean the Hungarian wormers) is the activity. Although it is a slight difference that in our league, everyone has to play with everyone in his division and that opens up the possibility of games not getting done.

Three things, one is that if for instance if the system works in a way that 1 player goes down to the lower division at the end of the week, what if two players don't make any time at all in that week? Who falls out?

Secondly, what if someone randomly decides to participate? Does a 4th division automatically open just for one player? What if then they don't play, then we have a 4th division with inactive players showing no time?

And finally, why I think it is pointless, if someone in the first division does a better time than anyone else in the first division, then why doesn't he win?

We cannot compare individual players to football teams, not to mention that we cannot rate them according to what time they do on one single map in a week!

So I'm sorry, but I am absolutely against this idea. :(

Offline Maciej

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2010, 10:15 PM »
Three things, one is that if for instance if the system works in a way that 1 player goes down to the lower division at the end of the week, what if two players don't make any time at all in that week? Who falls out?

Secondly, what if someone randomly decides to participate? Does a 4th division automatically open just for one player? What if then they don't play, then we have a 4th division with inactive players showing no time?

so, if some player doesn't play he gets kicked (at the end of the season) and we get free place - for the player who wanna join! He is gonna be on a substitute list! I think it could work, inactive players get kicked, and in their places go new players who'd like to join! What do you think about it?

And finally, why I think it is pointless, if someone in the first division does a better time than anyone else in the first division, then why doesn't he win?

but.. He wins! They are gonna be seasons, for example 12 weeks = 12 challanges for each season, for each map he gets points and the best player gets distinction in his profile! same works our worms league.

so I don't see the problem, and I really like this idea! Do you see any other problem Ray? I can help  :D

Monkeyyyy, and what do you think about it? It's everything in your hands ^^
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 10:16 PM by Maciej »

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2010, 11:01 PM »
Actually, it was my idea, in the Hungarian Worms League we play in different divisions for like a year and a half already... So credits for me, KKTHXBYE!!! :)

cl2k... So credits for Poo, KKTHXBYE!!! :)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2010, 01:58 AM »

If a player doesn't play, they get dropped a division.

Players will not be allowed to randomly participate, signups will be like cups, open for so long, then when expires, only those players are in for the month, and maybe each month 2-4 new players can join in, who would start off at the bottom division.

We cannot compare individual players to football teams, not to mention that we cannot rate them according to what time they do on one single map in a week!
If someone in the 1st division does a better time than everyone else in the 1st division, then he will win the 1st division lol, I am guessing you mean why wouldn't he win the premiership? And if so, the reason he doesn't is because, he isn't in the premiership, you have to make your way there to compete there, just like proper leagues that work like this, some in worst division can have awesome games, doesn't mean they belong in the top yet... If you are good enough you will stay in the premiership, so it works out :)

It's not like football, for starters it's not football, it's WA-TTRR, and why can't we rate them according to what time they do in 1 week? They have 1 whole week, to do there best time, you do realise this means they have literally up to 16 hours a day (possibly), 7 days a week, to get their best time? I think this is pretty fair...

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2010, 08:51 AM »
I didn't read this topic, maybe some1 already complained, but comments' pager doesn't work :( When I push page "2" I'm still at first page.

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2010, 08:56 AM »
Thanks Statik, got it fixed.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Ray

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2010, 03:57 PM »
Oh, how many times I came across with that, but I was always too lazy to post in forum and could never find MI online on MSN when it was in my mind. x)