Forums
April 29, 2024, 12:07 PM

Author Topic: ttrr challange  (Read 5751 times)

Offline Maciej

ttrr challange
« on: January 25, 2010, 02:45 PM »
As ttrr challange on its start was even active, now I don't see any ppl intrested in. So I propose to come back to old, well known, separated ttrr challange (I mean without ss and bungee), and 1 map for each 1 week or 2 weeks. IMO it would make challange more interesting and more exciting. There would be longstanding moderator too, who checks the replays and choose maps. And just 1 map for a chosen time, without chance to beat a score after left time. After each left time of the map, points are given, without any premiums. And for example there would be created seasons, where one season = for example 10 or 12 maps. At the end of the season we would crate a PO where 4 best players take a part, and choose best rope racer for each season! What do u think about it? I think it's good idea, which can do rr challange active and really exciting. Waiting for answers. :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 03:17 PM by Maciej »

Re: ttrr challange
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 02:51 PM »
Something like that would be good. But sometimes must be bungee too lol!
"since most people tend to the order side, its my job to spread chaos" -peja

Offline Maciej

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 03:17 PM »
well, but separate challange for bungee... We can't compare bungee and rr, and add the points ;S IMO bungee is not popular and not needed! :P Well, we can try ofc with other 2 challanges, for bungee and ss if anybody wants, but they are gonna be dead like free league or TNL.

Offline Ray

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 03:21 PM »
Please guys read this topic and give your suggestions there. It is the same thing basically.

Offline Maciej

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 03:47 PM »
ofc I read your topic, but I think that my idea is more digested and completly at various than currently system, so I made this topic. + your topic is kind old...

Offline Ray

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 04:02 PM »
Those are not two different ideas, they are basically about the same, with slight changes. We could discuss them in one topic and come to a final solution, which would be accepted by MonkeyIsland, as a result, completed.

Offline Maciej

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 04:10 PM »
just hope that more ppl will show their intrested ;S Flori? Dibz? Dulek? and other rope racers, come on :P

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 04:20 PM »
Shhhh, I'm busy at beating skime's records. :d

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 05:32 PM »
The thing I've noticed is that people are so interested in linear TTRR maps. For example even Mablak hosted 'one map' but nearly no one showed any interest. I bet if you host some linear maps, tons will come too.

+

Challenges needs some global mods to handle its advertising, attract people to it ...
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Ray

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 07:16 PM »
It's not only about linear maps or these kinds hosted now, it's about the system itself. I can't tell you that enough times. :P

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 07:35 PM »
lol!!

The system even can handle 'your way' right now. You can host a challenge called: 
'1/25/2010' and set only 1 map for it, done!

Trust me, people are crazy about linear maps. But the most mistake we do is, we 'wait' for people to come. We gotta attract, advertise, drag people to it.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Ray

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 08:51 PM »
You will never understand what I am talking about...

Offline Maciej

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010, 09:59 PM »
I understand u Ray, that's why I made this topic. It's about the system, u are right, I remember that I liked more xtc challange.

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 12:41 AM »
lol!!

The system even can handle 'your way' right now. You can host a challenge called: 

Trust me, people are crazy about linear maps. But the most mistake we do is, we 'wait' for people to come. We gotta attract, advertise, drag people to it.

Then perhaps a "what's new?" page is in order :) displaying new cups, new challenges and whether a cup has progressed to a new round

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2010, 04:31 AM »
lol!!

Then perhaps a "what's new?" page is in order :) displaying new cups, new challenges and whether a cup has progressed to a new round
Your favorite ropers favorite roper