Forums
May 03, 2024, 10:05 PM

Author Topic: 2x2 cup  (Read 1386 times)

2x2 cup
« on: April 29, 2010, 02:23 PM »
MonkeyIsland, u can made system for cups 2x2 ?)

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: 2x2 cup
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 04:47 PM »
Won't it be much harder to arrange those games?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Csongi

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 05:19 PM »
well,ye kinda,but i think it deserves a try  :P
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." - Robert Orben

[avirex`mm] ill rape ur mother
[avirex`mm] twice in the same night
[avirex`mm] and she will ask for a third
[avirex`mm] cuz she's a whore

kins> Don't let girls ruins ur tus games :)

Offline Doubletime

• Sweden Sweden
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 06:23 PM »
How about a clanner cup instead ? Then any 2 players from clan A will play vs 2 players from CLAN B and clan leauge ios very active so it won't be hard to get the games played

Offline Camper

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 06:32 PM »
Wont be harder if you can choose ur patner.

@DT, If u divide 1 clan on many group, could be nice

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 06:46 PM »
Wont be harder if you can choose ur patner.

Yes, it will.
If you don't believe me, try hosting a 2vs2 cup on the forums here. I don't mind a little experiment myself :)

Offline Camper

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 06:58 PM »
i believe you sir,   But, imagine,  2x2 Elite.  I guess that will be a sucess.
Of course, if u host a unknown shcme 2x2 wont be cool.

Offline pr

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 08:54 PM »
i believe you sir,   But, imagine,  2x2 Elite.  I guess that will be a sucess.
Of course, if u host a unknown shcme 2x2 wont be cool.

i'd like to wfw 3v3, DT will you join my team?

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 03:52 AM »
Well, yes, 2v2 elite would probably have a lot of people wanting to participate :)
But I think that if you want all games played, you'll need to host it in a tourney

Offline Ray

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 04:12 PM »
How about a clanner cup instead ? Then any 2 players from clan A will play vs 2 players from CLAN B and clan leauge ios very active so it won't be hard to get the games played
This is actually a great idea, the only problem with it is that the number of participants would be limited. In case you could create squads inside a clan, it would make an increase in the number, but then again, there might be 4 A clan team and only 1 B clan team, creating a kind of disadvantage for the clan itself.
But I think that if you want all games played, you'll need to host it in a tourney
Word.

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 04:15 PM »
I guess it will be wasting mi's time coding this, it's already hard to get 1vs1 games played, so 2vs2... :)

Offline Ray

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2010, 04:20 PM »
Yes, getting the games played would also be really hard. :(

2v2 Tournaments FTW!!!

Offline Doubletime

• Sweden Sweden
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2010, 08:25 PM »
I wouldn't mind hosting tournaments (1v1 and 2v2), and i don't think it will be to hard to code tus like ftm except that a moderator controlls everthing =P. Set it to 1v1/2v2/3v3 even. Players sign up on the tus site. Then the moderator can start the tournament at any number < 6. If there is any trouble with cows/drops then the moderator can decide what to do about it.

When the mod decides to start the tournament, the TuS site will randomly decide pair and free ronds. The moderator will proceed players and so on. Shouldn't be hard to have clan tourneys/cups to..

Why not pr =D?