Forums
May 02, 2024, 02:58 PM

Author Topic: Classic league is not classic!  (Read 6306 times)

Offline JayX

Re: Classic league is not classic!
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2011, 02:10 PM »
That's the problem though, it is just a game! a great game and very addictive sure but still it is only a game.

Places like TUS, WMDB, (all the mapmakers and scheme inventors) is what keeps the game going, not people taking it seriously, I would say that people being "elitist" actually drives newer players away rather than helps the game grow.

My point being that the game is a very simple concept that has been taken to the next level over and over by the community, and by working together and building upon the game we keep it fresh.

There (at least in my eyes) is nothing to be taken seriously here. It's just fun :D

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2011, 02:27 PM »
JayX stop spam and go play final bom boom race cup ;D

Offline JayX

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2011, 06:20 PM »
JayX stop spam and go play final bom boom race cup ;D

Every time I ask you to play you say no!

I think you are scared of me  :D

Offline Rok

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2011, 06:26 PM »
Places like TUS, WMDB, (all the mapmakers and scheme inventors) is what keeps the game going, not people taking it seriously, I would say that people being "elitist" actually drives newer players away rather than helps the game grow.

There (at least in my eyes) is nothing to be taken seriously here. It's just fun :D

Building the site you're posting at takes, like it or not, quite an amount of SERIOUS work.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline JayX

« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2011, 12:03 AM »
Yes well done Rok for that highly thought out and constructive comment.

I never said the TUS site was not hard work did I?

I also never said that I didn't appreciate all the work that has gone into it. In fact I think i have said on more than one occasion that it's people like MonkeyIsland and the team here that keep building on WA and making it interesting.

Never once have I shown any disrespect for that.

But TUS is not WA, Worms is a game, games are played for fun.

If you play something that you don't enjoy you are an idiot.

And besides, I am sure you will find MI and the team built this site because of their enjoyment of WA as a game, they played it, had fun, came up with an idea to help the community and put in the hours.

Respect for that

But it is still just a game  :)

Offline Peja

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2011, 12:23 AM »

zippo thought the same, until the king appeared with a gun in his hand .....
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline nino

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2011, 01:43 AM »

zippo thought the same, until the king appeared with a gun in his hand .....

lolol peja xDD
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2011, 08:40 AM »
Me & barman tried hysteria with a low water rising (sd comes 1st turn). I think it can add more action to the scheme and prevent too long games with side hides (really boring in clanners) :P

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline barman

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2011, 12:31 PM »
Me & barman tried hysteria with a low water rising (sd comes 1st turn). I think it can add more action to the scheme and prevent too long games with side hides (really boring in clanners) :P
That's right, we think the scheme is much better that way. The starting positions become a little more of a lottery, but the game remains interesting all the time to the end of match, with no situations where two players fruitlessly attempt to score an accurate hit for many minutes.
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

Offline Peja

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2011, 12:37 PM »
That's right, we think the scheme is much better that way. The starting positions become a little more of a lottery, but the game remains interesting all the time to the end of match, with no situations where two players fruitlessly attempt to score an accurate hit for many minutes.

what about adding some missiles and a magic bullet to bng, so people wouldnt attempt to score an accurate hit for many minutes?
seriously if you dont want side hides host a  map without them ;)

« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2011, 01:38 PM »
what about adding some missiles and a magic bullet to bng, so people wouldnt attempt to score an accurate hit for many minutes?

Your comparison is fail. I think water rising will make hysteria more "hysteric" ;D Anyway it's worth a try in funners :)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 01:41 PM by Statik »

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline Peja

« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2011, 01:47 PM »
must be some strange east european stuff, my clanmate is also annoying me with this lottery sinking hysteria