Forums
May 02, 2024, 07:28 PM

Author Topic: Cup activity  (Read 1566 times)

Cup activity
« on: January 08, 2012, 06:39 PM »
I've been handing out reminders here and there to try to get these cups going, but apparently, some people are impervious!
A while back, I kicked out OREL from all cups in which he participated, because he was slowing down a lot of cups (gave him a warning to actively arrange his cups and gave him a week time to just make a simple post about it in the cups where he played, but he didn't).
It did lead to an increase in cup activity, so it's time for round 2!

These are the people that are slowing down at least 3 cups due to not playing their games (note: if you have a semifinal opponent, but not all quarter final games are done yet, I'm not counting it as slowing down a cup):

Thouson: 6 cups.
Neo.X: 3 cups.
pizzasheet: 3 cups.

Thouson is the clear winner here. And in case of pizzasheet and Neo.X, an additional reason is of course that they're both playing in a cup that only recently started.

Thouson, you get one week to start arranging your games (that means on the cup forums, so I can actually see), or I'm kicking you out of every cup you're still participating in.

Offline DENnis

Re: Cup activity
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 01:35 PM »
Yes, thats annoying. I do many clicks for writing pms and almost never an answer.

First good thing would be to make it easier, to write a Mail to groups ... Just add a Button PM all and then a mail goes to everybody in ur group.

+ You have to write down some time-zones when u can play.

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 02:07 PM »
I play worms nearly everyday, and i play my cup games a soon as i see my opponent online...

I find it rude to say that Im the one slowing down cups...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 02:10 PM by pizzasheet »

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 04:00 PM »
I play worms nearly everyday, and i play my cup games a soon as i see my opponent online...

Why rude? No one said you are slowing down the cups totally, however, is there a chance you would've done your scorpus match today if DarkOne hadn't included you in the list of ppl who are slow to do their matches for no obvious reason?

Don't take this personally, everyone needs a little push to get things done :)

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 05:25 PM »

Then you should have read the comment I put a few lines later:

And in case of pizzasheet and Neo.X, an additional reason is of course that they're both playing in a cup that only recently started.

I merely did a headcount for people who still have open games in the earliest open round. Nearly everybody has 1 or 2 in that head count. Your big RR cup just started, so if I don't count that one, you're in the big group of wormers.

Also, I said Thouson was the one slowing down cups and I gave Thouson a deadline, not you :) I just had to set the limit somewhere.

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 07:30 AM »
np,

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 01:47 AM »
I should threaten to mass-kick somebody more often. Thouson's already played his games for half the cups he's still in!

Offline franz

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 01:56 AM »
I should threaten to mass-kick somebody more often. Thouson's already played his games for half the cups he's still in!

8)

very nice

Offline DumbBongChow

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 12:25 AM »
Well it sounds great to me, but you, DarkOne, should be the one fully in-charge of kicking inactive players, not moderator of the cup. I must say, it was remarkably difficult to moderate Neocombat cup.

I like making myself Feel(S) Good Man!

Our Community: (Our newest, updated schemes are at this site!)
http://wosc.tk/

DBC's Legendary Profile:
http://worms2d.info/User:DumbBongChow
http://worms2d.info/User_talk:DumbBongChow

Offline harpy

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 08:32 PM »
AUUUUUU  :P

I understand that you can not play all games in groups but not even try not to play knockouts IT`S right !  :)

Offline Phanton

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 02:15 AM »
I've been handing out reminders here and there to try to get these cups going, but apparently, some people are impervious!
A while back, I kicked out OREL from all cups in which he participated, because he was slowing down a lot of cups (gave him a warning to actively arrange his cups and gave him a week time to just make a simple post about it in the cups where he played, but he didn't).
It did lead to an increase in cup activity, so it's time for round 2!

These are the people that are slowing down at least 3 cups due to not playing their games (note: if you have a semifinal opponent, but not all quarter final games are done yet, I'm not counting it as slowing down a cup):

Thouson: 6 cups.
Neo.X: 3 cups.
pizzasheet: 3 cups.

Thouson is the clear winner here. And in case of pizzasheet and Neo.X, an additional reason is of course that they're both playing in a cup that only recently started.

Thouson, you get one week to start arranging your games (that means on the cup forums, so I can actually see), or I'm kicking you out of every cup you're still participating in.

I agree
Miss, old's players..... Miss, old's times :)