Forums
April 28, 2024, 06:42 AM

Author Topic: Current accepted Ideas for tourneys  (Read 2008 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

Current accepted Ideas for tourneys
« on: January 08, 2009, 06:04 PM »
On this post I will be showing the accepted ideas for the tourneys.

Unique's post needs more reviewing, So the accepted parts on that will be here later.

1. Verifying code.
In your tourneys settings page, You will be asked for a 5 digit code that you can change it anytime. Since TUS already knows your nick, clan, country or any other information, You can tell the tourney mods this code. By entering this code to the system, TUS will register you in that tourney. It is for preventing faking your nick.  MODS are trusted in TUS, But you can change this code after each tourney you play.

2. Replay uploads
After EACH game you won, you can tell the mod that you won it, and mod enter that in TUS system. This will open up a field for you, which you must upload the game replay. Since most of the time after you win a game you have to wait for the next round, You can use this time for uploading your game replays.
As it is right after the game, So almost no replay gets lost in time. However mods will be able to force a game to win without uploading the replay in some cases, but that player will receive minus points.

3. The tourney page
The tourney page will announce current status for that tourney.
For example, If tourney hasn't started yet, If you view that tourney page, you will see how much you have to wait for the tourney to start.
If you view the page after registration are opened, You will see the people already registered in that tourney, So that you won't bother the mod asking him : List of players please...  or ask him 3 times "Am I in? Am I in ?"  (So that Dario won't yell at you ;) jk )
If you view it after signups are closed, you will see the pairing.
If you view it in tourney round 2, you will see the results for the round one.
If you view it after the tourney, You will see the tourney and how the tourney went.

4. MODs rating
After a tourney is finished, You can rate how the mod acted in that tourney.
There must be some element for "Trusted mods".

* This page will get updated each time.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 06:06 PM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline chakkman

Re: Current accepted Ideas for tourneys
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 08:25 PM »
sorry monkey if i have to disagree once again ;)

1. Not every1 who will play our tourneys wants to register himself on this site. It was like that on the old TUT site as well. By saying every1 has to register you exclude the ppl from the tourneys that dont wanna register here.
2. To assume that every1 will upload all their replays seems kinda unrealistic to me...replays are not that important anyway i would say, if the mod keeps an eye on everything and writes down the games its not necessary. If theres some argueing about whether a player cheated or who won the game the mod can check the replay during the tourney.
3. Sounds all good but isnt possible without the first 2 points ;)

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 08:40 PM »
sorry monkey if i have to disagree once again ;)

When was the first time ? XD

2. To assume that every1 will upload all their replays seems kinda unrealistic to me...replays are not that important anyway i would say, if the mod keeps an eye on everything and writes down the games its not necessary.

Your question is not about TUS.
WO asked all people to manually send the replays to their email and if you didn't you would get one minus point per each missed replay.
The only difference in TUS will be, people would upload their game replay after the game.
If you don't like replays at all, That's something else.

If the mod keeps an eye on everything and write the games down? Where did i say such thing?

There was some discussion about the registration before I start coding TUS with darkmaul. You can ask him. We both finally came to this matter that we want people to register. So that we could make bigger things with the site.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline pr

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 10:18 PM »
agree with all.
mod ratings would nice. :)
will dt ever host tourney? XD
jk

if player does not want to report his game or register on tus it's his problem.

why should tourneys hold tons of fakers? like it was at wo.

"replays are not that important anyway i would say"
totally disagree.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 11:52 PM »
Monkey, what i meant was if the mods keep an eye on the tourney and players, replays wouldnt be necessary because there could not be any cheating or w/e.

@ pr: Why are replays important? Can post a replay of the final here for watching issues but apart from that... And where were the fakers at WO? I didnt see many...

Its just my concern that you dont destroy the flawless progress of a tourney by making ppl register before a tourney, send replays while they re waiting for opponents and so on...

Offline f4st

• Spain Spain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 09:05 AM »
200% disagree with Chakkman, Replays are the most important thing, in a League, in a Tourney or in a Cup.
The problem i see in that ideas is that the MODs would have to do too much work, doing the tourney, waiting for all PMs to enable the upload part. If MODs are agree np.
I think that code idea is so cool, look at FTM, there are lot of fakers, with that way fakers are "banned".
And the other point bout only registered ppl will play, if u wanna play in TuS, Tourneys or Leagues, u must be registered, that's all...
STAxDoubletime> My english is better than youre's

Offline pr

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 09:42 AM »
135% agree with f4st

why ppl can watch regular games but NO playoff replays as it was in XTC(noob1 beated noob2 3:1 and no focking replays!), NO tournament replays (like it was at TuT...)
these games are rather interesting than regular league games...

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 09:55 AM »
The problem i see in that ideas is that the MODs would have to do too much work, doing the tourney, waiting for all PMs to enable the upload part. If MODs are agree np.

True, It is some more work for the mods. But I don't think it is that much + mods like to do more work ;)
On the other site, mods won't do the "list of the players" or the pairings. So they are off for doing some other job too.

@replay subject
TUS is becoming a replay database. Personally I think replays are so important and interesting.
chakkman imagine this:
some time later, Someone is wondering "Who is chakkman? And how he plays or used to play?"
He searches for your name, and system gives him all your replays.
somehow it can prevent idolizing and making fairy tales about people who used to play worms in the past. ;)
"ooh, He was the best roper ever, he used to finish EVERY RR map in 5 sec!!"  lol

That was only one of the features of having replays and even not the most important one.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 12:07 PM »
Well if you want to have replays for watching issues i can understand that. Still i doubt every single player will want to upload them while waiting for his games or after the tourney... gotta see whats realistic and not what the ideal thing would be. Anyway, why not try it out, things can still be changed if it does not work :)

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 12:29 PM »
I guess player WILL upload his game replay if he wants to proceed in the next round.

Offline Ray

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 05:23 AM »
When? When? When? When? When? When? When? When? When? When? When?

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009, 07:59 PM »
When? When? When? When? When? When? When? When? When? When? When?

Good question :)
Here comes the snow

Offline Atr0x

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2010, 03:35 AM »
appear that the 'only thing missing is the ability to play 2vs2 and 3vs3  ;D

Offline Ray

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2010, 05:58 AM »
In fact, the whole thing is missing, since this part hasn't been created yet. :P