Forums
April 27, 2024, 03:30 PM

Author Topic: Idea for TUS Tournament  (Read 480 times)

Idea for TUS Tournament
« on: January 23, 2013, 06:02 AM »
Today TUS tournaments aren't popular at users. Tournaments are held seldom, most often in tournaments participates to 8 players.

The main reason for refusal of participation in tournament is duration of this tournament. After all to play this tournament (on 32 persons and more), a lot of time is required. And in online (on WormNet) there is no such number of players.

The main difference of a cup from tournament is, that in a cup there is a group stage, and anything more. In other words, I don't see a special difference - a cup it or tournament. Only in the name. It is always interesting to participate in tournament where there are a lot of players or top players.

At desire tournaments too can be classified on one-day and multi-day. Both with SE, and with DE carrying out system.

I suggest to arrange seasonal tournaments in a TUS site. It have to be mass tournaments. 64 persons, or even 128 have to be registered.

On a site there is a function, allowing not to allow before participation in tournaments of inactive players and there is a Deadlines function, the organizer of tournament has an opportunity to give out yellow and red cards.

I don't suggest to take and at once to allow to create such tournaments. Let's try? Let's create one, we will look, what from this it will turn out? Maybe Winter TUS Tournament - 2013 is elite, Summer - TTRR and ...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 06:14 AM by Dmitry »

Offline Free

Re: Idea for TUS Tournament
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 08:22 AM »
What does other say?

I dont see the difference between a cup and a longer tournament like this?

+ having mass amount of players, well.. we all know how that usually goes, everyone signs up, only a few play.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 08:37 AM »
Tournaments are working similiar to cup's, the diference is then turnament need to be pleyed in one - short time ( and we know all how it looks nowdays ).

Cups have everythnig what we need, "tournaments" should be deleted at all or like Dmitry said - modificated
somehow.

I like idea with red/yelow cards in cup's system.

example:

MOD of cup should have power to give cards for participated players,
ofc its up to him for what. But in one cup, modertor can give 1 card for each player.
So person need to f@#!up at least in 3 cup to get a ban.

3  yelow card's =  ban for cups (2 weeks or more )  ;D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 08:43 AM by Berria »

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 08:42 AM »
I once again want to add that it isn't obligatory to allow to see at the same time to 10 tournaments, by analogy, as with cups. They can be limited to 1, it is possible 3, not more.