11 (37.9%)
Mixing Cup points with league points
1 (3.4%)
Both
2 (6.9%)
None
15 (51.7%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Integrate Cups with Leagues?  (Read 1980 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

Integrate Cups with Leagues?
« on: February 26, 2009, 04:26 PM »
Here's the idea.

TUS give points like leagues to cup games. Having that the tie problem in groups might be solved easily. If 2 members have done same in their group, The one with the lower rank will proceed.

If so, Maybe we can mix members league points with their cups points (probably their tourney points too in the future).

Pros and cons? shoot! ^^
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Ray

Re: Integrate Cups with Leagues?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 06:23 PM »
No mixing points at all in my opinion. Keep it simple: each scheme has the number of winners in it, seconds and thirds. Each player has the number of gold, silver and bronze medal in each scheme in Cups.
That's all.

Offline Rioter

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 06:27 PM »
I agree with xray99 here.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 07:48 PM »
I agree 2. Maybe you could display the won cups in the players profile :)

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 10:46 PM »
Why not give a little trophie to the winner, it could appear in her/his profile :)
Here comes the snow

Offline Ramone

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 12:19 AM »
I agree too, League, Cups, and Tourneys are 3 different and separated things, they shouldn't be mixed anyhow...

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 04:21 AM »
I agree too, League, Cups, and Tourneys are 3 different and separated things, they shouldn't be mixed anyhow...

Points won in leagues tourneys and cups should go to a 'general points'; points for everything you played in tus :)
Here comes the snow

Offline Ramone

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 11:02 AM »
Points won in leagues tourneys and cups should go to a 'general points'; points for everything you played in tus :)

I think it would just complicate things even more. There are players that don't play Cups but only League, and the ones that don't play League but only Cups. Why would you wanna mix someones points with the competition that he don't even participate? It's not obligation for anyone to participate in all these 3 competitions.
Keep it simple...

Offline Rok

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 02:13 PM »
Keep it SIMPLE!!!  >:(  Aaaah!
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2014, 12:11 AM »
Don't listen to rok! He's an alt of taner! (made as part of my campaign against taner)
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline HHC

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2014, 11:52 AM »
could mix with tourneys, but not with leagues IMO.

Dunno how you wanna award 'league'-like points to cups though. You can implement ELO there, which would be pretty fun IMO, but well... there's so many different schemes in cup.. you would need tons of ratings then.. or limit the choice in schemes  :(
Or display/count only the official TUS schemes and ignore the rest.

It also seems unfair to proceed the player with the lower rating. I'd rather have the guy with the higher rating proceed... seems better for the tourney and more 'fair'.

Current rankings are kinda ok. People don't really notice them though.. and if they do, it's kinda most active players >>>>> rest. Chelsea is a great wormer, but he's only on top cause he plays so many cups. And same for me in 2nd place. But I really don't know how you can avoid that.

Maybe a hall of fame for cups would be nice, where lists are available for every scheme. So you got a list of winners in elite cups. That's kinda cool  :)

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2014, 12:48 PM »
Could be nice if we could have images with ranks in cups and tourneys like in clasic league (overall cups standings)
Something like this