Forums
April 27, 2024, 10:37 AM

Author Topic: OwnForts Cup Project  (Read 1685 times)

OwnForts Cup Project
« on: August 29, 2013, 03:26 AM »
I never hosted cups because I didnt really see the point of them, looking for your opponent, waiting all this stuff is boring, but now I come up with very intresting idea, and the only way to bring it to life is cup playing format.
The idea is: You need to draw your own fort, and send it to me on pm, i will post special black-colored canvas with
right size (maybe 1000x1000 pix, big forts is fun to play isnt it :P ).
I will no doubt approve all maps, but here is some rules:
please dont use real photo vagina/penis pics, peja. i mean think what the hell will happen with your opponent's brain when he will see your ass scanned on xerox as your fort, still hand drawed penis is allowed, however i recommend you to try to be as original as possible, its not penis war cup remember? Also draw vagina with text "put your banana right in my hole" is not likely to do. Not because of vagina, or such kinds of jokes, but because there is big chance your map will be flipped horizontally sometimes, so your text can be mirrored and get unreadable.

Alright, once you finished your fort, you gotta send it me in pms, and then ill send you pass to the cup, so you can sign up on it. Then you need to wait till we get enough players, i hope there will be alot of players, because we wont involve just tus players, but also alot of mappers from wmdb, they are no doubt will be interest in such cup. Then, when groups will be paired Ill make maps and send to everyone maps with his fort+opponents. About starting, maybe next week, because for now most of the players playing WO

map recommendations:
as i said you have to be original, also the scheme will be very different from classic fort scheme, it will contain 1 earth quake, 1 armageddon, 1 nuclear, maybe 1 mole strike, with delay ofc, so you have to make protection for all those weapons. Also after group stage we'll make vote for the most epic map, for the most beatiful map, and the best map to play on. Of course you can just dl some featured map on wmdb and cut the fort from it, but think to yourself will it have any sense to play on it on cup where the main point is making your own fort.

Offline Triad

Re: OwnForts Cup Project
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 07:04 AM »
I had f@#!in same idea :o just i was too lazy to bring it to the life. :D

Go host it Impo, i am sure lots of good map makers will join. And some people even hire some map makers xD It will be fun.

But i have a question, there will be any color limit? For prevent not so good graphics. Or you will handle those stuffs?

Also 1000x1000 is good. But how much pixel between forts? I would like to set my fort for perfect shots xD
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 08:43 AM by Triad »

Offline philie

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 08:25 AM »
cool idea!

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 08:28 AM »
I had f@#!in same idea :o just i was too lazy to bring it to the life. :D

Go host it Impo, i am sure lots of good map makers will join. And some people even hire some map makers xD It will be fun.

But i have a question, there will be any color limit? For prevent not so good graphics. Or you will handle those stuffs?

Also 1000x1000 is good. But how much pixel between forts? I would like to set my fosts for perfect shots xD
1000x3000, 1000pix for 2 forts + 1000pix distance

i dont know yet, limit each for to 64 colors max, or make it inf and recolor it to 128 myself

actually 1000pix sounds too big, maybe it will be 1000x500 and overal size 2000x1000
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 08:30 AM by Impossible »

Offline Triad

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 08:52 AM »
yeah 1000x1000 could be big, but i would like to have a square shaped fort. Maybe 696x696? :P And maps will be 2400x696.

But if you wanna bigger stuff, 800x800 forts and 2600x800 map.

Infinite color is better, maybe some people will send map with very less color, but some of them send something more detailed. So if both got paired, more colors for detailed one.

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 09:01 AM »
1000x1000 is too big but games is bo1 anyway, so maybe its okay.. i guess Ill just add few heavy weaps

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 11:40 AM »
Maybe it's better to create the cup and put the description there. Set a password for joining and give the password only to people who have their fort ready.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 12:00 PM »
Maybe it's better to create the cup and put the description there.
I dont want to hurry  with it while WO is still running
Set a password for joining and give the password only to people who have their fort ready.
Thats part of my plan yep. I confirm fort via pms and send pass as a gift

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2013, 12:18 AM »
I will no doubt approve all maps, but here is some rules:
please dont use real photo vagina/penis pics, peja. i mean think what the hell will happen with your opponent's brain when he will see your ass scanned on xerox as your fort, still hand drawed penis is allowed, however i recommend you to try to be as original as possible, its not penis war cup remember? Also draw vagina with text "put your banana right in my hole" is not likely to do. Not because of vagina, or such kinds of jokes, but because there is big chance your map will be flipped horizontally sometimes, so your text can be mirrored and get unreadable.

Try this:
SFW maps only.
Don't use Text, since it will be mirrored.

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2013, 10:04 AM »
ok i got idea how to avoid forts without any empty space like this:

its sucks to play against player with fort like that because all you have to do is destroy his stupid fort, here is solution:

Ill just add crates, limit some good weaps which will make crates important part of the scheme and so players will be forced to leave some place to spawn crates on their fort.

Offline HHC

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2013, 10:45 AM »
sounds cool impo, count me in  :)

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2013, 12:41 PM »
with all weaps available at the start the scheme itself gonna be very unbalanced so there is delays unlocking one weapon each turn (i imagine forts pros will throw rocks at me, but luckly there is not much of them)
available from 1st turn: inf bazooka, inf grenades, inf bow, inf shotgun, inf fire punch, inf torch, inf bat, inf parachute, inf ninja rope + inf low gravity, inf fast walk, inf laser sight
turn2: 9x mortar available
turn3: 9x clusters available
turn4: 3x girder available
turn5: 1x homing missle available
turn6: 1x sheep launcher available
turn7: 1x hhg available
turn8: 1x air strike available
turn9: 1x banana bomb available
turn10: 2x petrol available
turn11: 1x mine strike available
turn12: 1x kami available
turn13: nuclear test available
turn14: girder pack available
turn15: armageddon available
turn16: earth quake available
turn17: freeze available

if you have any ideas about how it would be better to make or just want to try out the scheme you can write me in snooper
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 04:33 PM by Impossible »