Forums
April 28, 2024, 06:47 PM

Author Topic: Silly or Genious?  (Read 2123 times)

Offline Almog

Silly or Genious?
« on: April 25, 2012, 09:31 AM »
A thought popped up in my head... why not use WhatsApp to arrange tournaments?
I guess most of all already have smartphones, it's free and instant, you dont have to wait for your opponent in ag hoping he shows up.. if you're late u can tell him in advance even if you are far from pc

what u think?

Offline Almog

Re: Silly or Genious?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 09:32 AM »
btw I mean Cups not tournaments

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 09:35 AM »
Sure, you could write an app for it.
Or you (and your opponent) could use the forum/PM system: "Hey, I'll be in AG next friday at 6PM GMT"
I doubt people would use an app if they can't be arsed to use the forum/PM system, though

Offline Almog

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 10:32 AM »
what u mean "write an app" ? it already exists

Offline darKz

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 10:45 AM »
So you mean, we should all exchange mobile phone numbers? I wouldn't want to give mine away here to be honest. :P
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 12:10 PM »
I'll sell René's number. Go ebay!

Offline Almog

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 03:13 PM »
ya thats what I meant dark. I dont know why I should care if people had my phone number, it's not like they'll waste money to call/nag me from outside my country lol

well I guess we have different cultures, here in Israel we wouldnt mind to exchange numbers

Offline darKz

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 03:15 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I'd happily give my number to CF members, in fact I think I did that at some point in sCa to just ring phone if we had clanner etc.. But this is a bit too much for me. :D
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 03:17 PM »
Well there was this idea around you give your cell number on TUS and TUS sends you sms on occasions/people. But I'm not sure about the cost.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 04:47 PM »
Well there was this idea around you give your cell number on TUS and TUS sends you sms on occasions/people. But I'm not sure about the cost.

What about  notifications on tus site that remind you in what cup you are (inclduing deadlines), playoffs.. instead of some phone service :p

Offline twistah

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 05:13 PM »
Good point, darkmaul. It's annoying to click on every cup you "remember" being in and check the deadline.

Offline Wojtes

• Poland Poland
  • Let's the go, little gays!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2012, 10:55 AM »
That's just outrageos!
Wojt3s

Offline Hussar

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2012, 11:24 AM »

What about  notifications on tus site that remind you in what cup you are (inclduing deadlines), playoffs.. instead of some phone service :p

VN idea, notification In top of the site; for example "HYSTERIA OWNAGE cup, You pleyed 3 from 5 games , Deadline 05 d:03 h:55m "

Offline Teemto

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2012, 01:08 PM »
No thanks, I'm not that fond of having numbers of people I don't know in my phone.

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2012, 04:33 PM »
i give my numba for u baseline xD