Forums
May 04, 2024, 03:04 PM

Author Topic: dS Tours v3 - End of Season 1 / Start of Season 2 - Feedback  (Read 998 times)

Offline TheKomodo

1st of all we would like to thank everyone for participating in the 1st Season of dS Tours v3, some seriously nice map records have been set!

We've seen some new players enjoying Tours and also seen others improve, we've introduced Darts to people who never seen it before and made some new friends, we've had some laughs and also felt the rage too ;D

Also, we appreciate the time and effort some players have put into making some nice new Darts maps and having the patience to ask dS for help testing/improving their designs, if anyone else has some nice ideas for new Darts maps please don't hesitate to ask for our help, we want to help you make your map as flawless as possible :)

Onto business now:

The new dS Tours point system has worked out better than the previous one, so we will be keeping this for Season 2 with a few changes:

• If you scored 3 bullseyes in a row you would get +1 added to your Ladder standings but only once per map was valid, in Season 2 all 3xBulls in the same map will be valid.
  • If you have a "Perfect Tour" which means you won every single map and earned full points, you will be rewarded with extra points, how many points hasn't been decided yet.
  • Some players have complained about 6 maps for 3 players so we may possibly change the number of maps played for 3 player Tours from 6 down to 5.

With only 6 days until the new Season we would appreciate any praise, criticism, and suggestions that would help us improve even further, we will take into consideration all comments and possibly implement any ideas if we feel it would improve dS Tours.

Offline Husk

Re: dS Tours v3 - End of Season 1 / Start of Season 2 - Feedback
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 02:09 PM »
hmmmm sooooo season 2 if u do a perfect game u get extra points for the 2x 3x bulls aswell? =)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 02:16 PM »
hmmmm sooooo season 2 if u do a perfect game u get extra points for the 2x 3x bulls aswell? =)

Yes, but it was like that already, you would get your +1 and +5.

Offline MarianRV

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 05:30 PM »
I don't know if it's a good idea,but when tours are with like 5-6 players,it tends to take a lot of time.Maybe considering reducing worms number or anything?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 05:35 PM »
I don't know if it's a good idea,but when tours are with like 5-6 players,it tends to take a lot of time.Maybe considering reducing worms number or anything?

Nah it'll always be 8 worms, less would make perfect games a lot easier.

Most tours work out to take the same amount of time, around 60-80 minutes, depending on tiebreakers etc, it only gets bad if people keep dropping COUGHCOUGHadnanCOUGH.

The longest Tours are 5 players, we'll see if we can try to think of some ideas for this, I personally think everything is fine the way it is though and most feel the same.

Offline Husk

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 07:55 PM »
if both players have same score on a map and it's a new map record, after sudden death is done, which of the following is true:

a) both players now share the map record
b) winner of sudden death now has the map record
c) winner of sudden death now has the map record equal to the score + 1 from winning sudden death?

Offline LeTotalKiller

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 12:01 PM »
(So unfair, when I ask the exact same question I'm asked to learn to read.)

Sounds quite weird to be able to have PG score+1 in highscore records imo.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 12:06 PM by LeTotalKiller »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2015, 12:15 PM »
I never said "learn to read" so please don't try and make me look bad in public from a private conversation, you said to me "how hard it is to understand..." and I repeated the same words back at you.

I guess we will change it next Season as there has been 3 complaints about it so far.

I like it though because you throw 9 or more worms in Sudden Death so it should count, just like in football and other sports the sudden death score still counts towards final score, that's the reason I done it, but some people just can't wrap their heads round it so whatever, It doesn't bother me which way we use.

Offline spleen17

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2015, 02:56 PM »
I still think playoff games for the top 4 or top 8 would be cool. Might give people more incentive to play if they can't reach 1st place but can still scrap to get in playoffs :) 

You could have it like tus system where 1st plays 8th, 2nd plays 7th etc. Maybe bo5 games 1v1 or something.

Offline MarianRV

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2015, 04:46 PM »
I still think playoff games for the top 4 or top 8 would be cool. Might give people more incentive to play if they can't reach 1st place but can still scrap to get in playoffs :) 

You could have it like tus system where 1st plays 8th, 2nd plays 7th etc. Maybe bo5 games 1v1 or something.
Yea,playoffs idea is really cool.I want it too!!  :-*

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2015, 01:23 AM »
We have opened a PO discussion thread in our forums, there may even possibly be PO for Season 1.