Forums
May 05, 2024, 12:02 PM

Author Topic: dST v3 S2 - Comments & Feedback  (Read 8856 times)

Offline Hurz

Re: dST v3 S2 - Comments & Feedback
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2015, 02:59 AM »
yet again :D

Offline Hurz

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2015, 11:37 PM »
"Insert creative Tourname"

funny outcome, 2nd and 3rd both 2 map recs and a 3x bulls :D
but was 3-3-3-3    4-4-2-2     2-1-4-4 :D

ladder n recs up to date.

Offline Hurz

« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2015, 09:45 PM »
n comeback :D didnt check replays, i bet you insisted on picking maps and did stuff like #1-#1 only ;)

Offline Hurz

« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2015, 12:20 AM »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2015, 01:54 AM »
I picked #4 - #4 and Mini Mario, 1st time i've picked it this Season so ;) yourself lol, I know it might seem like I pick those maps too much but I really don't, most of my games from last Season were random maps, however I do try to pick the same 6-8 maps frequently because it's a personal goal to score a perfect game at some point, you know what maps I do hate though :P

Offline MarianRV

« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2015, 03:50 AM »
...you know what maps I do hate though :P
You actually hate certain maps? :o

Offline Hurz

« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2015, 04:24 PM »
classic, enfo maps etc :D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2015, 04:26 PM »
Actually I like Classic now, since the rebound rule.

Offline Hurz

« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2015, 04:30 PM »
oh hehe true

Offline Hurz

Offline spleen17

« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2015, 05:35 PM »
Komo / Hurz, would you mind checking this replay from Swoosh It when you get a chance? We were not sure about some of the throws, does it have to be on the downward swing (past the red line) to be considered a legal swoosh? The map rules do not specify but I guess you could say that technically releasing on the upward swing could be considered an arch instead, even if the worm is still travelling downwards. Some of them may need frame-by-frame checking (Marian or I can do this if you don't have time). I think I finished 3rd either way on 21 so Adnan and Marian's throws are the more important ones to be checked.

It was a close tour anyway, finished (without swoosh it) as 9-8-7-6 so we will probably need tiebreaks based on the results of this.

Thanks

[attachment=1]

Offline Hurz

« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2015, 05:56 PM »
im too ropenoob to judge swooshs :D

imma check later.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 06:00 PM by Hurz »

Offline MarianRV

« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2015, 06:00 PM »
im too ropenoob to judge swooshs :D
I guess I will judge it in slow-motion tomorrow morning then :D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2015, 06:23 PM »
We appreciate the help MarianRV but we will judge.

The scores:

MarianRV - 72 (1st turn is void, he did not use drill)
Mega`Adnan - 36
spleen17 - 21
XanKriegor - 9

As for what counts as a swoosh, you can go as slow or fast as you like however I feel it should be one continous movement, for example XanKriegors turn where he contracted/extended/contracted the rope shorter/longer/shorter before releasing drill shouldn't count because I don't see it as 1 smoothly executed move, I will update the map rules for this if other dS members agree.

As for the point of release to determine a swoosh it has to be after the rope starts to point in the direction you are going, for example if you fire the rope when pointing left, it shoots left, when pointing right it shoots right, you can easily determine this by watching a replay frame by frame and looking at the structure of the rope, if you were to magnify an image it would look like an upside down staircase when pointing either direction, if the rope is completely vertical then it looks like a perfect straight line which would also be void in my opinion, it has to be at least 1 part or more to the direction you are travelling.