Forums
May 05, 2024, 08:31 PM

Author Topic: Gary the Russian !  (Read 1007 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Gary the Russian !
« on: March 01, 2013, 02:42 PM »
Me and a mate from work sort of created this cartoon character called "Gary the Russian" sort of based on a guy from work, but heavily exaggerated of course.

So I have turned it into a cartoon but I can't animate so I will have to find someone who can do animation do make video, if anyone knows anyone let me know I can pay of course !

Here is the audio for "Gary the Russian - Part One"

http://soundcloud.com/komito-1/gary-the-russian-part-one

Enjoy !

Re: Gary the Russian !
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 02:52 PM »
What kind of character got the main character

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 03:02 PM »
Sorry I don't understand what you are asking Impo,  :o

Offline AlTarf

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 03:18 PM »
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 03:23 PM by AlTarf »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 03:25 PM »
Well in that case, I guess he is strict, old fashioned values, stubborn in his ways, very proud of who he is, his country and his family...

He is a hard man who wears only T-shirt in winter !

This character came around as when we are at work we are shut inside a huge chill, and this one guy wears only a T-shirt and the rest of us have jumpers/jackets/hats etc are we are very cold, but not Gary, he just has T-Shirt lol, so me and friend started calling him Russian cuz Russians are thick skinned and tough guys lol, and we started saying "MY NAME IS GARY ! I NOT NEED T-SHIRT FOR PRE-SORT!" and this is kinda why character is called "shirtov" because it's a wordplay on "shirt off"...

We have a bit where we talk about "When I was young boy, I train in North Pole with only T-Shirt to wear..." and this is why in part one, we have "we journey to North Pole" But I won't get too into it xD

It's based on a bit of friendly banter at my work lol.

But it's gone way way way beyond this now :)

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 03:42 PM »
Sorry I don't understand what you are asking Impo,  :o
haeuhauha Im fan of tautology
main character character is an important part of every cartoon, I personally worked with the scenario with two cartoons and they both failed xD

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 03:59 PM »
Ok impo I try to explain some things about this idea:

The main comedy for this "cartoon", at least for me and my friend, is the innocent and calm outbursts of pride & honor, unknowingly unaware of how unusual it is in his surroundings.

The world today isn't as strict as it once was, younger generations with reality TV, "living each day like it's the last", people at work are very relaxed and lazy in UK/US and other places...

Everyone is going round there daily routines, in this case, Gary works in a supermarket, on the chilled department, everyone else has jacket for the chill, gloves to protect hands, cutters to open boxes etc, but Gary he doesn't need this... "I AM GARY ! I NOT NEED T-SHIRT FOR PRE-SORT" (He calls it T-Shirt by mistake, it's intentional for the story though) "I DON'T NEED CUTTER TO OPEN BOX I RIP BOX OPEN WITH BARE HANDS"...

When a boss gives someone a job, he says "I have some job for you" and most staff are thinking like "ah, can't be bothered with this crap, just wanna get home and sit on facebook..." or something, but not Gary, Gary takes this responsibility very seriously as if it's a matter of life and death ! Gary doesn't realise when he is among normal people, when he raises his voice and shouts "MY NAME IS GARY, I AM FROM RUSSIA ! THERE IS NOTHING I CANNOT DO ! YOU GIVE ME JOB ! IT WILL BE DONE !" it's hilarious lol...

I have plans and ideas, such as flashbacks with his father from each episode, with some life lesson, or experience which helps to mould Gary into the person he is.

Anyway, this is just really just something we do randomly at work, it's only because I have access to recording facilities & have experience as a music producer/mixing engineer that i've decided to take it to the next level and share with people, why not lol some people like it :)

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 03:43 PM »
I lol'd, sorry for necropost  ;D