Forums
June 07, 2024, 10:53 AM

Author Topic: ok my friends!  (Read 21601 times)

Offline Guaton

Re: ok my friends!
« Reply #120 on: October 14, 2010, 09:21 PM »
I didn't know you created the universe and made all the rules and laws and what is wrong and right, don't be so ignorant.

well , now u know i did  :) caveman

xD

« Reply #121 on: October 14, 2010, 09:27 PM »
Well, you ALL keep coming up with stupid obsurd questions to try and make me change my opinion, it's ridiculous...

Taking away the words 'stupid' and 'absurd 'you have pretty much defined what a debate is.

Coming up with questions to try and change your opponents mind is what debate is all about.  Or I guess to be more precise, a debate is when you propose arguments for a particular view point and your opponent does the same back.

You love to get stuck right in there with an extreme view but when your extreme view is countered by some decent opposing views you get frustrated!

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #122 on: October 14, 2010, 09:32 PM »
No, I am getting frustrated because we've debated this long enough, i've answered all the questions, pretty much pointed out EXACTLY how I feel about this kind of thing, and yet you STILL continue to oppose me instead of just agreeing to disagree, you say you even now understand what I am saying and how I feel about this kind of thing, and you feel you MUST try to change my mind, debate all you want but saying I am WRONG is wrong...

All i've done is defend my opinion, I haven't even tried to attack yours...

I don't mind, if you ask me my opinion, and even then ask WHY I have that opinion, but telling me I am wrong just isn't right...

Offline nino

« Reply #123 on: October 14, 2010, 09:53 PM »
 :-X
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

« Reply #124 on: October 14, 2010, 10:11 PM »
No, I am getting frustrated because we've debated this long enough, i've answered all the questions, pretty much pointed out EXACTLY how I feel about this kind of thing, and yet you STILL continue to oppose me instead of just agreeing to disagree, you say you even now understand what I am saying and how I feel about this kind of thing, and you feel you MUST try to change my mind, debate all you want but saying I am WRONG is wrong...

I don't mind, if you ask me my opinion, and even then ask WHY I have that opinion, but telling me I am wrong just isn't right...

You could have agreed to disagree with me at any point as well.  But we responded in turn up until very recently.

The only reason I've opposed your viewpoint is that I wholeheartedly disagree with it, which again is what debate is all about.  It's very cheeky to play the "it's my opinion so how can it be wrong" card.  Tsk Tsk.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 10:13 PM by Cueshark »

Offline Ramone

« Reply #125 on: October 14, 2010, 10:13 PM »
... but telling me I am wrong just isn't right...

LOL! That's what all is about! Wtf is with U acting like insulted teenage girl? XD
No one here told U that your opinions are stupid, idiotic or absurd, while U have told that to others several times!

But U did! Saying to someone that his opinion/question is stupid and absurd is even more attacking than saying to someone that his opinion is wrong! It's even insulting! ;x

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #126 on: October 14, 2010, 10:22 PM »
Cue, if you disagree with it thats fine, but can't you even see what you are doing? It is similar to someone preaching their religious beliefs onto a non-believer IMO.

Ramone, I'd rather someone call my beliefs stupid, than say they are wrong, to ME it's more offensive being called wrong, I can understand someone saying I am stupid, because they obviously have a different opinion, but at least it shows slightly that they understand my point of view, even if they don't like it, but calling someone's OPINION to be wrong is outright disrespectful because to me it shows they think their own opinion exceeds above anyone elses and they are 100% right.

And Cue, I am not "playing any card" if in your opinion BnG sucked and in mine BnG owned, neither of us are right or wrong, it's just an opinion, and each other should respect it, i'd think you are stupid for not liking it because I practically live by BnG, and you almost live by RR and could think I am stupid for liking BnG, and that would be fine, if we both accepted neither of us are right or wrong and are entitled to our own opinion.

« Reply #127 on: October 14, 2010, 10:47 PM »
Cue, if you disagree with it thats fine, but can't you even see what you are doing? It is similar to someone preaching their religious beliefs onto a non-believer IMO.

Ramone, I'd rather someone call my beliefs stupid, than say they are wrong, to ME it's more offensive being called wrong, I can understand someone saying I am stupid, because they obviously have a different opinion, but at least it shows slightly that they understand my point of view, even if they don't like it, but calling someone's OPINION to be wrong is outright disrespectful because to me it shows they think their own opinion exceeds above anyone elses and they are 100% right.

And Cue, I am not "playing any card" if in your opinion BnG sucked and in mine BnG owned, neither of us are right or wrong, it's just an opinion, and each other should respect it, i'd think you are stupid for not liking it because I practically live by BnG, and you almost live by RR and could think I am stupid for liking BnG, and that would be fine, if we both accepted neither of us are right or wrong and are entitled to our own opinion.

Dude, you knowingly engaged in a debate about crime and punishment.  You put forth your opinions and viewpoints.  We both did.  It was a mutual decision and at any point we can stop posting.  I don't see how you can really compare it to religious preaching.

It's like me going into a church and then getting annoyed when a vicar comes up to me and starts talking about god.

To answer your other point.  I respect your opinion on crime and punishment, but I also disagree with it, hence 9 pages of debate.  I don't disagree with any of your life choices including your favorite game scheme.  These things are personal preferences which we all have, they are individual to us.

I'm not quite sure where you're going with that comparison.

Offline avirex

« Reply #128 on: October 14, 2010, 10:52 PM »
omfg, ok.. ill give the f@#!ing kid his shoes and cap back!! damn!

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #129 on: October 14, 2010, 10:53 PM »
And I don't see how you can't see the comparison, i've already shared my opinions and beliefs on this matter, and you continously take forever to think of reasons to go against that, everything I type is instinctive and off the top of my head, I don't need to think about it, I coulds spent almost half an hour on 2 minutes of typing too just to try and make YOUR points seem as flawed as possible also, but I am not, because I just want to get my point across in a way you understand without challenging it in a way that seems you NEED to make me change my mind, and although now you are agreeing on this, at 1st you didn't at first you and nail were asking me questions in a subtle way to try and make me go against my own word, I am not stupid and will NOT fall for this kind of attitude in a debate.

Oh and if you are not taking forever to type, fair enough, but it looks that way, so apologies in advance if I got it wrong.

We all know each others opinions now so i'll try and stop posting about this now, good luck Jeff, I hope all goes well.

Offline avirex

« Reply #130 on: October 14, 2010, 11:14 PM »
komo, i dont think they were trying to trick u, or make u "fall" for anything...

i think they were possibly just giving u things to think about, maybe see things in a different point of view... but i just think ur too stubborn ;)   thats just how u r tho.. we love u for it.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #131 on: October 14, 2010, 11:19 PM »
komo, i dont think they were trying to trick u, or make u "fall" for anything...

How do you know that, theres nothing you could do or they could do to prove that, everyone can lie and everyone can be manipulative.

i think they were possibly just giving u things to think about, maybe see things in a different point of view... but i just think ur too stubborn ;)   thats just how u r tho.. we love u for it.

I would believe that, if more or less everyone hadn't tried to quote me in a way that made me look like I was contradicting myself when I wasn't.

It certainly looks like it, because I feel passionate about alot of thing, and debate longer than anyone else does to get my point across, and sometimes say things in harsh ways to do so, I call that confidence and passion, you know for a fact I admit when I wrong, and apologise when I feel I have done something wrong, or said something out of place because I generally feel guilty or sorry for it, like I apologised to Shyguy in this very thread for calling him stupid and whatnot, even though I still stand by my views and opinions, I took it too far by saying that to him.

Offline avirex

« Reply #132 on: October 14, 2010, 11:24 PM »
calling somone stupid can really hurt their feelings komo.. shame on you !  :-*

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #133 on: October 14, 2010, 11:27 PM »
calling somone stupid can really hurt their feelings komo.. shame on you !  :-*

Tough luck for them then, they should be man enough to be able to handle a little name calling lol.

« Reply #134 on: October 14, 2010, 11:29 PM »
Verbal assault is actually a crime.  I've got absolutely no sympathy for you Komo.