Forums
May 10, 2024, 07:32 PM

Author Topic: EAC 2014 - Smalltalk  (Read 10919 times)

Offline SPW

Re: EAC 2014 - Smalltalk
« Reply #105 on: August 26, 2014, 04:27 PM »
Sure a perfect notching helps, but thats not all. You can change your tactic on anti-bng and then its almost useless. You also can watch plenty of Elites from Random00 without one single notched molotov or nade / zook.

Sure a little screen is an handicap. But the biggest factor is in your head. When you dont believe having a chance before the game started you probably will lose. And if I check some random replays a lot of games ending only with an one turn advantage.

So yea, notching on a small screen is hard. But other factors (technic, tactic, mental) are much more important.

Offline Almog

« Reply #106 on: August 26, 2014, 04:37 PM »
1) I don't notch. I mean, I never calculated it or put a ruler on my screen or whatever you do to figure out how many clicks on the arrow u need to hit position X. Yet, that doesn't bother me.

2) What has the screen size to do with notching? If it's just mathematics (and it is), then you only need to do the same thing and same math with merely a different "screen coefficient" (lol).

Offline SPW

« Reply #107 on: August 26, 2014, 07:28 PM »
Well, its harder. For example Random00 can do a 4.1 notch in the same screen and Joschi would have to scroll all that landscape 2 or 3 times. That makes it harder. Also its harder to count the steps when everything is so damn small. ^^

But again, you dont win a lot of elites only cause of being a notcher. And there is no 100% hit. Random00 maybe having a 95% hit, me maybe 80% (cause of my unsensible keyboard)  ;D, Casso maybe 90%.

Offline Random00

« Reply #108 on: August 26, 2014, 07:55 PM »
Well, its harder. For example Random00 can do a 4.1 notch in the same screen and Joschi would have to scroll all that landscape 2 or 3 times. That makes it harder. Also its harder to count the steps when everything is so damn small. ^^

But again, you dont win a lot of elites only cause of being a notcher. And there is no 100% hit. Random00 maybe having a 95% hit, me maybe 80% (cause of my unsensible keyboard)  ;D, Casso maybe 90%.

Casso's accuracy is definetly higher than mine. I never got really used to my current screen regarding notching.
But anyway, I also think that having a bigger screen / bigger resolution comes in handy when you notch a shot. But I find it even more important that you see a lot more of the map at once.

Offline Ray

« Reply #109 on: August 26, 2014, 10:02 PM »

Casso's accuracy is definetly higher than mine. I never got really used to my current screen regarding notching.
But anyway, I also think that having a bigger screen / bigger resolution comes in handy when you notch a shot. But I find it even more important that you see a lot more of the map at once.
Yea, somehow it keeps your brain more organized that you don't have to scroll with your mouse. I generally also hit Shift + Scroll Lock to keep the screen at one position during most of the game.

Offline Joschi

« Reply #110 on: August 27, 2014, 06:59 AM »
So yea, notching on a small screen is hard. But other factors (technic, tactic, mental) are much more important.
Your technic is influenced by hardware. Try to fly a supersheep on a lower resolution. Smaller the screen, more difficult to fly a supersheep. Always the guy who has +1 option wins. The guy who knows to block the other one by a molotov, though he is on the other side of the map got +1 option. The delivered hardware is the base of your skills.

Offline Ray

« Reply #111 on: August 27, 2014, 08:32 AM »
Your technic is influenced by hardware. Try to fly a supersheep on a lower resolution. Smaller the screen, more difficult to fly a supersheep. Always the guy who has +1 option wins. The guy who knows to block the other one by a molotov, though he is on the other side of the map got +1 option. The delivered hardware is the base of your skills.
It is not the base, it is the outlet.

Offline SPW

« Reply #112 on: September 05, 2014, 06:25 PM »
And here my promised pictures.  ;D

Offline Ray

« Reply #113 on: September 05, 2014, 06:36 PM »
That's quite something!

Offline WhiteRqbbit

« Reply #114 on: September 05, 2014, 09:41 PM »
 :D
first time I see this

Offline Almog

« Reply #115 on: September 05, 2014, 11:51 PM »
omg lol

Offline Crazy

« Reply #116 on: September 06, 2014, 12:53 AM »
Oo Rabbit is that oldschool, didn't know. Cool pics SPW

Offline SPW

« Reply #117 on: September 06, 2014, 08:18 AM »
yea, Rabbit is pretty oldsql.  :) That was about 10 years ago and it was the best way to find matches. Just click on "Fast Challenge" on a specific time and within few seconds you got your random opponent.

Offline Almog

« Reply #118 on: September 17, 2014, 09:07 PM »
Can we predict who will win the prediction game? :]

Offline Casso

« Reply #119 on: September 17, 2014, 11:51 PM »
The fact that I had seen many replays at least is proving useful in the prediction :D

It will be a close race.