Forums
April 28, 2024, 09:34 PM

Author Topic: EAC 2015 - Preparational Friendlies  (Read 2296 times)

Offline Ray

EAC 2015 - Preparational Friendlies
« on: July 22, 2015, 07:49 AM »
Looking at the current league tables and the names who signed up for EAC 2015 so far, I assume most of you haven't played in a while. In case you'd want to get in shape, there is TEL, but we all know it's difficult to find a game.

I was thinking that we could organize a couple of events, tournaments possibly, to get ourselves back in shape a little. Doesn't have to be tournaments, can be just an agreed upon time when hopefully many ea members would show up and we could do some free-for-all.

Please, if you'd be interested in this and you feel you could put away 1-2 hours some days for this purpose, reply to this thread and we'll see what happens! ;)

Offline Senator

Re: EAC 2015 - Preparational Friendlies
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 08:32 AM »
In case you'd want to get in shape, there is TEL, but we all know it's difficult to find a game.

It will become easier when u show example and go to AG and write "TEL any1?" I see hussar, style, spoon_head, vesuvio looking for TEL often. lales also started to play TEL recently.

Offline Ray

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 10:21 AM »
In case you'd want to get in shape, there is TEL, but we all know it's difficult to find a game.

It will become easier when u show example and go to AG and write "TEL any1?" I see hussar, style, spoon_head, vesuvio looking for TEL often. lales also started to play TEL recently.

It becomes even easier once you start contributing to the topic. ;) I don't have the time nor the patience to sit in a chatroom and wait for someone to maybe show up to play a game - and I am convinced many of us are on the same page here - and the fact that you see some people sometimes asking for games is not enough for me, sorry.

However, if we pinned down a time and date when 4-6 people I know are likely to show up for a couple of hours, then I'm in. And again, I am pretty sure many of us would agree with me.

Are you interested Senator? Give us some possibilities and let's start organizing! :)

Offline SPW

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 02:19 PM »
Great idea and I would join some cups. But first I need lower temperatures. Cant turn on my pc when having 30+ degrees in my room.  :-X

There is some hope in next days. But its not sure yet.

Offline Senator

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 03:30 PM »
Are you interested Senator? Give us some possibilities and let's start organizing! :)

I'm not good at Elite but sure I could join to get bashed :-[

Someone could create "ea Exhibition Tournament #1" here at TUS and accept players from ea group + players who are given a password (or just kick trolls out). Just agree a date & time here first. I also could host a tournament at ongoing worm olympics.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 03:33 PM by Senator »

Offline Ray

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 08:11 PM »

I'm not good at Elite but sure I could join to get bashed :-[

Someone could create "ea Exhibition Tournament #1" here at TUS and accept players from ea group + players who are given a password (or just kick trolls out). Just agree a date & time here first. I also could host a tournament at ongoing worm olympics.
TUS Tournaments is also what I had in mind.

Regarding WO, I am not familiar with the current scene, but I know few years ago it was more about activity and dedication to play a lot than skills. I would rather try and find a time when there are no ongoing WO events and stick to hosting on TUS. Sounds better to me if it is just a friendly than your scores counting for the Olympics.

I think we could go ahead and try this weekend, Saturday perhaps, evening.

EDIT:

I created a Tournament and messaged every member of the community about it. Find out the details here!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 08:45 PM by Ray »

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2015, 01:20 AM »
Next on Sunday plz ;)
HF & GL in FINAL ^^

Offline Ray

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 10:27 AM »
Alright boys and girls! Time for some more action.

Sunday, 2nd August, 2015 - EAC Preparation Tournament #2! Learning from last time, we are starting earlier. The whole point of this tournament is to let you guys play as many games as possible, so the tournament is played in Double Elimination style! This means that if you lose a game at any stage, do NOT leave! You can still even win the tournament.

If you want to join, but you are not in the community, please drop me a message here on this site, I'll let you in on the password! ;)

Offline SPW

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 02:42 PM »
Gj Ray. You are the best  :-*

Offline Ray

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2015, 09:50 AM »
So far, two tournaments have been played and neither of them were won by EA members! Time to get moving guys!

Congratulations to all the medalists so far:

GOLD: VoK, Korydex
SILVER: Free, Csongi
BRONZE: Sbaffo, Spoon_head

In the future, we are going to switch to BO1 games for the most part, this tournament lasted 4 hours again. :)

Offline SPW

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2015, 03:01 PM »
ea members are rusty, thats the point.  ;D

gj changing to bo1. Maybe except game for gold.

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2015, 05:14 PM »
Ty Ray to host those tournaments ;)
I really enjoyed games vs. you ^^
And well... only 1 with Spoon cos quit without words... He should change his attitude

See you soon all.

Offline Senator

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2015, 10:38 AM »

Csongi was rusty? ;D

Online Peja

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2015, 04:52 PM »

do you plan to introduce walking sticks as eac trophies anytime soon? xD

Offline Ray

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2015, 12:11 PM »
Two weeks and we are starting, so better get serious.

16th Sunday, 2015 - EAC Preparational Tournament #3! Details soon...

EDIT: I was smart not to book it, turns out I can't be home today. :) Next weekend!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 10:12 AM by Ray »