Forums > Files

Great Snooper | 3rd chapter

<< < (46/60) > >>

Tomtysti:
This has been my favorite snooper for years, sadly it doesn't work for me anymore. I started it for the first time in about a year and tried to hop in a game, but the game screen that pops up is just black. No sound, only the loading icon Windows cursor, game hangs. Tried starting the game normally without the snooper, no problems there. I also updated the snooper to the newest version, didn't fix it. Also tried reinstalling and rebooting, but nope. I'm using Windows 10 and I believe it worked without problems last summer and I'm pretty sure I was using this crappy Windows 10 already back then. I'm using the latest drivers for my GTX 660. No problems with other games either. Running the latest version of the game. Anyone have a clue how to fix this?

Edit: Changed graphics API to DirectDraw (32bit) and now the Snooper works normally, but I want to run it with Direct3d 9 (shader) instead since with it the game runs much more smoothly  :(

Tomi:
by the way to be sure that this is a problem with great snooper you can test with another snooper. usually they use the same methods and parameters to do their job, so if both snoopers fail then it is most likely a bug of the game (a graphics bug maybe) and if the other snooper works, then gs spoils something.

Tomtysti:

--- Quote from: Tomi on June 25, 2017, 07:25 PM ---by the way to be sure that this is a problem with great snooper you can test with another snooper. usually they use the same methods and parameters to do their job, so if both snoopers fail then it is most likely a bug of the game (a graphics bug maybe) and if the other snooper works, then gs spoils something.

--- End quote ---
Thanks! I should've tried that earlier... Same problem with Web Snooper so it's not a problem in your program. I will try an older Nvidia driver.

Edit: Older drivers didn't work but I tried running my Steam version of the game and it's working perfectly. I guess I'll start using it!

WTF-8:
Tomtysti, you're on the Creators update of Windows 10, right?  that might be the problem https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/tech-support/creators-update-messed-something-up-30981/
if you're able to revert it, I'd suggest you do it, idk how is it done though

Tomi:

--- Quote from: Sensei on April 21, 2017, 09:40 PM ---Apparently, there is no notification sound when someone from your buddy's list hosts game on WormNET. I tried to check around settings, but couldn't find it too. It's a nice little add, so if you're planning to do more upgrades, Tomi - maybe put that one too!?

Thx.

--- End quote ---
He can add names to the notificator (in hoster names) and then it will notify him when somebody from the list hosts a game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version