Forums
May 02, 2024, 06:50 PM

Author Topic: A kart-racing game some anger and the police...  (Read 1000 times)

Offline TheKomodo

A kart-racing game some anger and the police...
« on: December 08, 2012, 03:10 AM »
I don't know if anyone has heard of the game ModNation Racers, but it's a great game that I am addicted to atm, anyway:

I am trying to to this Island Dash level with the 4000 airtime points....

I know EXACTLY what to do but everytime I try going up a ramp I get hit by a bloody homing missile, I use my sheild but it doesn't bloody work, I am at the end of my friggin wits here I am so angry my chest seriously hurts, why the hell is it such a coincedence I ONLY get hit when I try to go up the biggest ramp....

This so stupid unless there is a solution to this I am going to go crazy... I really like the game and it's such a letdown that it's so frustratingly unrealistic that I get shot at the MOST CRUCIAL moment.. I have like 3100 by the last big jump and I get about 1100 everytime, but every single time I try to take the ramp the last time some stupid git decides to hit me with a homing, and even though technically, I AM STILL IN THE GOD DAMN AIR !!!! it doesn't give me the airtime... I've already smashed a glass and a plate, broke my chair, seriously, what am I supposed to do, I am not a damn noob, the game is messing with me...

I know this is a longshot but can't they release a patch or something that at least let give you your rightfully deserved airtime points if you managed to get off the ground without being hit, if you get hit JUST BEFORE you land it should not take these points from you, I swear some game designers have no brains at times what the hell man?!?!?

I've tried this level for the last 3 hours solid, every time failing on the last jump, my neighbours even called the police thinking there was domestic violence happening, cuz it's like 2am and i'm yelling and throwing stuff about, I told them I was shouting about a game and they had the cheek to tell me "it can't possibly be that hard", I even offered them to come in and try themself but they were like nah, just keep the noise down pal...

So, i'm gonna have a good smoke and try again... *sigh*

Offline HHC

Re: A kart-racing game some anger and the police...
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 10:41 AM »
Lol, cool it, 'its just a game' hahaha

But yeah, I'm not sure if I tried that particular challenge myself, but there was definitely some anger involved with ModNation.

Have you tried dropping back in the field prior to the jump? Dont think they will hit the last guy in the race, or does that not count?

Offline Husk

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 02:48 PM »
I gave up, too difficult game xD

Offline avirex

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 05:45 PM »
komo, you need an outdoor hobby... go f@#!ing camping, take a hike, ride a bike, row a boat, skate a board lol... whatever...

please man.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 06:38 PM »
f@#! you HHC. My posts are world heritage, how dare you edit them?

« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 09:30 AM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 07:20 PM »
Just like the roperacers who have to struggle with these maps in challenges, eheh. You know our pain now, Komo. :D

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 04:18 AM »
rofl, this game sounds interesting.

Just looked at some videos... game looks like a Mario Kart rip off... I know the Mario Kart for the Wii has made me rage VERY hard
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 04:19 AM by ShyGuy »
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 07:47 AM »
The game ownz man, part of the problem was I was playing on Expert and didn't even realise I thought it was on normal *sigh*

I eventually nailed it about 2 hours after making that post, I figured out a way how to get extra jumps...

Coming 1st in every race is easy HHC, doing the challenges, any challenge, is easy lol, but doing the challenges AND coming 1st in the race at the same time, on expert, is life-threateningly hard...

I describe the game as a cross between Mario Kart, Need for Speed and LittleBigPlanet...

It's so much fun, whoever has it for the PS3, PM me your playstation network nick and we can get some games on the go :)