Forums
May 02, 2024, 11:46 PM

Author Topic: Achievements  (Read 3575 times)

Offline HHC

Achievements
« on: July 06, 2011, 06:22 PM »
Do you care about them? I know I don't.

The problem is that many games have waaaay too much of them. I start the game, play the level and after killing 3 enemies I already get the first one: a 'Rookie Sniper Award' or something like that. Reached the next level, oh hey, here's another trophy for ya! And it goes on like that  :-[

And when I finish the game I really can't be arsed to collect all of them. Neither can I be bothered to pick up every single treasure that is hidden inside the game.  :-X

I dunno, maybe I'm just lazy.

Does any of you focus on the achievement trophies?

Offline Alien

Re: Achievements
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 06:29 PM »
trololololololo nope
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 07:15 PM by Alien »

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 06:56 PM »
if you are talking about w:a single player....uhm nope (TeamEd)
he isnt talking about worms, man.

And I am an achievement whore, HHC.  I have all the achievements for about 50 games on xbox, my gaming profile is here:
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=59634&complete=1
I go out of my way to get all the achievements, its like crack to me.  It's like my first time playing worms, I had to get gold medals on all of the challenges before i went online.

Offline Husk

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 06:58 PM »
I'm like walrus :D with 360 I mainly play the game first and enjoy the whole story but then I go achievement hunting =)

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 07:20 PM »
I think I'd care more about achievements if they didn't have achievements for basically starting the game up :)

Offline nappy

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 07:41 PM »
Achievements are yet another disease that ruined the gaming I loved. Pics related

Offline HHC

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 08:27 PM »
I guess what also makes me not care is the fact I've hardly come past level 5 in most games. I guess achievements are nicer for people who play the game a zillion times and have already done the basic mission.

Those are some very impressive stats Walrus. You got a life outside worms/gaming?  :o
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 09:04 PM by HHC »

Offline rash

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 08:58 PM »
i like achievement when they arent too hard to get but sadly most of the time they are lol so i often give up.
I finished all achievement on like 20% of my games

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 09:37 PM »
I guess what also makes me not care is the fact I've hardly come past level 5 in most games. I guess achievements are nicer for people who play the game a zillion times and have already done the basic mission.

Those are some very impressive stats Walrus. You got a life outside worms/gaming?  :o
its actually not that amazing in retrospect.  I've had the console since launch (2005) so 6 years of whoring.  I have 45,000 gamerscore, there are many people on that site that have 400,000+ gamerscore.  i have more time lately because im going to school full time, and thats what ive basically been doing instead of worms ;) heres the sites leader:
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=973&complete=1
he has 505 completed games to my 50

Offline HHC

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011, 09:45 PM »
I rest my case. You don't need to be the god of the worldwide ranks, but completely finishing 50 games is worthy of praise IMO. I don't have a single game fully finished  ???

Btw, lol at?:
i have more time lately because im going to school full time
???

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2011, 11:06 PM »
I rest my case. You don't need to be the god of the worldwide ranks, but completely finishing 50 games is worthy of praise IMO. I don't have a single game fully finished  ???

Btw, lol at?:
i have more time lately because im going to school full time
???
more time @ school full time rather than 55 hours a week at old job ;)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2011, 07:07 AM »
Achievements are yet another disease that ruined the gaming I loved. Pics related

I totally agree man, probably why I stuck to WA, a game released in 1999, and i've been addicted proudly since July 1999, what's even better is every year we are STILL discovering new things and abilities especially with all the updates, no other game I think, literally, has this amount of dedication and never-ending self-made fun.

Offline CJ

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2011, 03:43 AM »
walrus still got mw2? u get to 10th prestige online legit? me and a friend are in the process of doing it for my mates gf. we're upto 9th prestige now, and usually prestige in a week of hardcore playing. its cow face 91 if u ever want a free for all or two anyway.
My hometown rugby team Warrington Wolves won the 2009 Carnegie Challenge Cup At Wembley and successfully defended the trophy by beating Leeds Rhinos 30-6 at Wembley on 28/08/10 and got the trophy back beating Leeds Rhinos 35-18 on 25/08/12... 3rd time in 4 years

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2011, 05:09 AM »
walrus still got mw2? u get to 10th prestige online legit? me and a friend are in the process of doing it for my mates gf. we're upto 9th prestige now, and usually prestige in a week of hardcore playing. its cow face 91 if u ever want a free for all or two anyway.
I got World at War, im a 10th prestige + in that game, and im still in first prestige for Black Ops.  Got rid of MW2 a long time ago.  Im getting MW3 for sure though.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2011, 12:01 PM »
I love you Tenori, your screens are lovely. :]

Anyway, about achievements, I always finish a game 101% (Jak & Daxter corrupted me).
Well, only if the game worth it for sure...

If you don't want to be bored, just get cycled game (you end and restart with same stuff & xp in the same game a little bit harder everytime).

But over all, The Longest Journey and Point&Click games ftw ! xP
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 12:05 PM by Abnaxus »
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.