Forums
April 20, 2024, 02:22 AM

Author Topic: The year is 2068, things have changed.  (Read 598 times)

Offline Ytrojan

The year is 2068, things have changed.
« on: December 08, 2019, 02:55 AM »

I don't know where I'm gonna put it, but Mutant Rampage BodySlam appears to have predicted the future DISTURBINGLY accurately. If you don't know what that game is, it's a CD-i beat-em-up game from the 1990's that probably one of the better games on the system. The intro is below

If it were 1994, I'd laugh it off as just another stupid game from a system that didn't really get a massive audience. However, basically EVERYTHING in the first sequence of the game's intro has become reality or is VERY likely to become reality in the near future.

Millennium Wars: War against Terror
Grey Tremor Plague of 2017: California's Disease outbreaks
Thanatos Meltdown: Fukishima Meltdown
Gene Pool alteration: I've heard of some people trying to spread what I Call "Radical Gene Pool alterations"
Technology Advanced: That's EXACTLY what's happening
Bio-Engineers have created Animal-Human hybrids: China is doing THIS with Pigs and Monkeys
Athletes are commonly enhanced with bionics: Cybathlon in Kloten
Cybernet (fiber-optic network) links everything: Internet of Things and 5G

Mutant Rampage Bodyslam may have just been a regular game in 1993, but with the things it got ominously CORRECT, it won't be long until the world potrayed in it becomes OUR REALITY. In fact, I'd say it will DEFINITELY happen by 2068. I think watching the intro might be a good exercise to see how disturbingly CLOSE it is to where we are right now.
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline Anubis

Re: The year is 2068, things have changed.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 10:54 AM »
Not really surprising, we create technology based on our imagination. People wanted to learn how to fly like birds, so they started fantasizing about it and lastly invent actual flying. The technology we create is the technology we WANT!