Forums
May 02, 2024, 11:53 AM

Author Topic: Farcry 3  (Read 2788 times)

Offline Breeze

Re: Farcry 3
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 03:45 AM »
I think van is comparing it to crysis 1 because it takes place in the jungle like the first crysis did.  The environments are basically the same.  I've been looking forward to this game, but im more looking forward to crysis 3 and the debut of cryengine3 as well.  Crytek is a great game developer, I cant wait to pick this up, ive heard nothing but good things. 

The one game im really waiting for is Bioshock Infinite though.....

Yes sir I'm rather excited for this too. 
Still haven't had time to play single player :(

Also think that the introduction video thing is quite possibly the best I've seen ever.

Offline darKz

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2012, 03:48 AM »
Random sidenote: Bones, an ex sCa.worms member, is actually a texture designer for Crytek. 8) And yes they've been doing an amazing job, loved the looks of their games.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2012, 11:07 AM »
Random sidenote: Bones, an ex sCa.worms member, is actually a texture designer for Crytek. 8) And yes they've been doing an amazing job, loved the looks of their games.

So he's working with the original Far Cry crew then
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline darKz

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2012, 11:56 AM »
Yeah, FarCry 1 and Crysis 1. We had a chat about his work there a couple years ago, before the release of Crysis. He kinda gave me insider information. :D
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline l7cx1Cl

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2012, 04:18 PM »
IT IS INSTALLING!!! pew pew pew pew!!

OH wow, just played through the first few minutes to the 1st save point.  GAME IS GOING TO BE EPIC!!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 04:52 PM by l7cx1Cl »

Offline l7cx1Cl

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2012, 12:58 AM »
game is just to sick heres me flying around for the 1st time..

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2012, 02:03 AM »
Havent finished it yet but after these 10 hours of gameplay only 1 thing comes to my mind - Assassins Creed in contemporary edition of FPP with some additions like burning whole villages down with flamethrower, bad guys driving around the jungle randomly, reinforcements after you pick a fight, boats, perks and annoying crafting. Fun and beautiful game indeed but no hype after playing AC3, imo. Hard to say objectively if this or other is better. Farcry 3 feels more "open and sandbox-like" where second one has fast paced parkour and awesome meele combat. Personally i prefer Assassins with no doubt for its period setting, gameplay and character design. Cant vouch for story line, for the time being its nothing new and feels empty.
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline l7cx1Cl

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2012, 05:34 AM »
I would like them equally.  Reminds me, I need to buy AC3 next week.  I just wish there was more to do with combat in FCIII and have a SILENT sniper ><

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2012, 12:15 PM »
I would like them equally.  Reminds me, I need to buy AC3 next week.  I just wish there was more to do with combat in FCIII and have a SILENT sniper ><
You can upgrade it and have a silent sniper :)

Offline l7cx1Cl

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2012, 03:08 PM »
You can upgrade it and have a silent sniper :)

AH HELL YEAH!! Now my l337 sniping skeelz can go stealth! Thanks!