Forums
May 01, 2024, 11:39 PM

Author Topic: Farcry 3  (Read 2786 times)

Offline Breeze

Farcry 3
« on: December 04, 2012, 09:23 AM »
So far I like it, only played the multiplayer with my mates. 
Haven't touched single player yet.

Sprint + crouch sliding is heaps of fun! :)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Farcry 3
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 09:31 AM »
I actually really like the look of this game, thinking about getting it for PS3, well, I think it's available for PS3, looks really good either way, :)

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 11:52 AM »
didnt like multiplayer much, but single is something really awesome, Id vote for game of the year

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 01:18 PM »
i'll be installing it this weekend most likely, or earlier
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline l7cx1Cl

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 03:10 PM »
Pre-ordered last night, need to w8 4 more hours till I can download it from Steam(Ahhh man MAX graphics will be sexy!).
Looks good, how big is the world for who has played it?  It is open world is it not?
Is there a lot of stuff to do?  Many ways to kill people?  Whats your fav's?
I will probably be installing and playing in 2 days.... SHIT fest internet at this house I am at... Lol...
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 03:18 PM by l7cx1Cl »

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 05:35 PM »
I played it today a little, it reminded me of Skyrim with guns lol, collectining plants and making potions wtf? :D I liked the variety of guns, but it's hard to do silent kills (maybe I need more perks for guns; ye, there are perks too!). Graphics, effects and the world are amazing, but there are so many animals and human enemies, fights can be endless (unless you have enough ammo), that's strange too... But anyway, I think I'll run this game one more time :D

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 07:47 PM »
Best game of 2012, the only other real contender for the title could be borderlands 2 imo. It's a combination of Crysis 1 with Far Cry 1 with a slight hint of Gta.
Loved the story, loved the graphics, loved the mechanics (guns and driving). I also enjoyed those few bits in which you're high out of your mind, heh.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 07:49 PM by van »

Offline l7cx1Cl

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 09:04 PM »
I played it today a little, it reminded me of Skyrim with guns lol, collectining plants and making potions wtf? :D I liked the variety of guns, but it's hard to do silent kills (maybe I need more perks for guns; ye, there are perks too!). Graphics, effects and the world are amazing, but there are so many animals and human enemies, fights can be endless (unless you have enough ammo), that's strange too... But anyway, I think I'll run this game one more time :D
Nice I love Skyrim, you can make potions huh?  How is the melee? Are there different brutality kills like a Death Cam ? Can you combine different weapons to make different weapons?

Best game of 2012, the only other real contender for the title could be borderlands 2 imo. It's a combination of Crysis 1 with Far Cry 1 with a slight hint of Gta.
Loved the story, loved the graphics, loved the mechanics (guns and driving). I also enjoyed those few bits in which you're high out of your mind, heh.
Best game of 2012? really? I never played Crysis 1 or FC 1.. :(
I played a little bit of Crysis 2 though.  What system did you play on?  haha I love getting high in video games, is it weed or something?

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 09:17 PM »
Played on PC with ultra settings, well crysis 1 was open world and sandbox game that was set on a tropical island and it was made by the same studio that produced far cry 1. Fc2 (horrible, horrible game) was made by ubisoft, that's why I was extremely surprised to see how good fc3 turned out to be. It's like the first time ever they listened to the players and eliminated all the flaws found in their previous games.

Crafting potions and makings your inventory storage bigger seems unnecessary at times, but it's not really annoying or anything and you can skip it all together anyway (you can heal without potions)
There's lots of kill animations, melee kills are my favourite since I'm a stealthy type in games, you can finish almost every mission without even being seen, but nothing holds you back from just jumping into a village and burning it all to the ground with a flamethrower. :D

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 09:21 PM »
hahah that mission with flamethrower was brutal yeah ;D

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 10:11 PM »
I think van is comparing it to crysis 1 because it takes place in the jungle like the first crysis did.  The environments are basically the same.  I've been looking forward to this game, but im more looking forward to crysis 3 and the debut of cryengine3 as well.  Crytek is a great game developer, I cant wait to pick this up, ive heard nothing but good things. 

The one game im really waiting for is Bioshock Infinite though.....

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 12:56 AM »

and with the best soundtrack in the game probably xD

you can finish almost every mission without even being seen

really? I kill 3-4 enemies in "stealth" mode, but have to finish others with AK or RPG (powa :D).

And it's boring to kill animals to get better stuff, it would be better to be able to buy everything. Now I have to kill 10 dogs to get more pockets for nades ;D

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 01:59 AM »

and with the best soundtrack in the game probably xD

you can finish almost every mission without even being seen

really? I kill 3-4 enemies in "stealth" mode, but have to finish others with AK or RPG (powa :D).

And it's boring to kill animals to get better stuff, it would be better to be able to buy everything. Now I have to kill 10 dogs to get more pockets for nades ;D
I hear if you bag 50 feral cats you get a gold AK-47 :D

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 02:57 AM »
I think van is comparing it to crysis 1 because it takes place in the jungle like the first crysis did.  The environments are basically the same.  I've been looking forward to this game, but im more looking forward to crysis 3 and the debut of cryengine3 as well.  Crytek is a great game developer, I cant wait to pick this up, ive heard nothing but good things. 

I'm super hyped for crysis 3, Crysis 1 must be my favourite fps from the past decade, and I still sometimes play crysis 2 on multiplayer (although it's full of die-hards and assholes and there's not much place for casual players... just like... in worms lol) Not a big fan of the linear campaign that was presented in cry2 but the multiplayer used to be really enjoyable. I really wish cry3 took place in an open world and didn't feel as limited as the 2nd one (here's where far cry 3 comes in and knocks my boots off), but I'll probably get it purely for the multiplayer experience.

Bioshock looks awesome as well, I'm an avid fan of the series.

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 03:31 AM »

I'm super hyped for crysis 3, Crysis 1 must be my favourite fps from the past decade, and I still sometimes play crysis 2 on multiplayer (although it's full of die-hards and assholes and there's not much place for casual players... just like... in worms lol) Not a big fan of the linear campaign that was presented in cry2 but the multiplayer used to be really enjoyable. I really wish cry3 took place in an open world and didn't feel as limited as the 2nd one (here's where far cry 3 comes in and knocks my boots off), but I'll probably get it purely for the multiplayer experience.

Bioshock looks awesome as well, I'm an avid fan of the series.
BTW van when did crytek stop developing the far cry series? I went to the crytek website to get more information on far cry 3 and realized ubisoft is developing it now.  At least now I know why Far Cry 2 sucked when compared to Far Cry and Far Cry Instincts Predator.