Forums
May 05, 2024, 06:22 PM

Author Topic: Help! Anyone remember this game???  (Read 1855 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Help! Anyone remember this game???
« on: January 03, 2015, 09:55 AM »
Hey! Wondering if any of you can help me find the name of this game, or if it's available for emulation on PC or something, even the name, of where I can get it, i'd buy an apple mac JUST for this game...

It was a game with tanks where you were 1 side and other player was other side, it was turn based, you could use various types of shots n stuff, it was SO awesome!

It looked like this:

^^ It literally looked that simple, black n white, but such a f**kin epic game!!

Offline Uzurpator

Re: Help! Anyone remember this game???
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 10:10 AM »
Pocket Tanks maybe?  ::)

Or tank wars
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 10:13 AM by Uzurpator »

03:08: surgeonb2b`ckc> eh Uzur ur my nightmare

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 11:12 AM »
Hmmm, that looks like an updated version or something, the one I remember wasn't in colour... And also didn't have the fancy weapons menu part.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 11:15 AM »
Hmmm, that looks like an updated version or something, the one I remember wasn't in colour... And also didn't have the fancy weapons menu part.

there are about 1000 games that fit your description

including the original atari one
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline nino

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 11:34 AM »
Hey! Wondering if any of you can help me find the name of this game, or if it's available for emulation on PC or something, even the name, of where I can get it, i'd buy an apple mac JUST for this game...

It was a game with tanks where you were 1 side and other player was other side, it was turn based, you could use various types of shots n stuff, it was SO awesome!

It looked like this:

^^ It literally looked that simple, black n white, but such a f**kin epic game!!

It is BNG!!! instead of worms, there are tanks!!!

now send me a new macbook pro!!! Retina display please!!!

You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline SPW

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 11:38 AM »
Original by Atari or Amiga, did play it too. There was also another similar game called "monkey" something where you have to shot bananas to the other player (monkey).  :D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 11:54 AM »
Yeah the game was awesome, but it isn't the original by Atari I am talking about, it was a simpler looking Mac version...

Spent like an hour looking on google but couldn't find it :\

Offline Hurz

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 01:14 PM »
hehe childhood memories :D

Offline ArtecTheFox

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2015, 02:06 PM »
Are you sure it was all black and white, Komito? That's my first thought, actually:

I mean, if you simply had some kind of a monochrome monitor instead or something and the game above is the version I used to play at school for a bit.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2015, 03:02 PM »
That wasn't the game PeCet, i'd know it if I seen it.

Offline MeTonaTOR

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2015, 04:15 PM »
YES I REMEMBER THIS GAME *.*
MY CHILDHOOD ON DOS TOGHETHER WITH LIERO AND DSJ *.*
<Asbest> alright im too sleepy, i seen too many idiots today. i hope no one will get what i got. have a good night
* Asbest (~Asbest@5b606b87.bfe48da6.6c2d5d00.IP4) Quit (Quit)
<StepS> party
<OutofOrder> ♫♪♫♪ \o/ _o/ \o\  /o/ ♫♪♪♫
<Bamboy> ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
<StepS> (≧▽≦)
<Bamboy> ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
<WTF-8> ( . )   ( . )

Offline darKz

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2015, 06:03 PM »

This is the one I first played, Tank Wars. It's not in black and white but still very oldschool. 8)
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2015, 06:34 PM »
Just spent like another full hour glued to google and wikipedia pages and whatever...

The other awesome game I remembered was "Glider" where you flew a paper aeroplane around the house...

This information may help, because Glider was a "built-in" game that came standard with the Apple Mac (I am talking an apple mac from around 1985 - 1999).

The tank game I am talking about, also came built-in as standard with this apple mac...

Offline Hurz

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2015, 06:52 PM »

This is the one I first played, Tank Wars. It's not in black and white but still very oldschool. 8)

this looks familiar.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2015, 07:33 PM »
Ok so maybe my mind is remebering things wrong...

But I am sure it's a mixture of the following...

The landscape (hills/ground etc) looked like the following picture:

The tanks looked like the tanks in this next picture:

And I can remember the colours and screen looking like the following picture:

As for the weapons menu, it was either like the 2nd picture or the following picture:

The picture closest to the game I remember is the 2nd picture, for the exception it was all in black and white(the mac I used didn't have colour...), because when you took your shot, you would see a black line/trail of your shot until it hit the target/blew up, just like in the 2nd picture, and I remember having different types of shots, like impact shots, shower shots, mortars, bombs that roll down the hill and hit etc...

Edit: I could have SWORN the game was called "Battletanks", and I strongly believe that because I remember a 3D arcade game in early 2000's called "Battletanks" and I was like, OMG THAT REMINDS ME OF BATTLETANKS ON THE MACINTOSH!!! And that's before I started heavily smoking weed...