Forums
May 10, 2024, 01:42 PM

Author Topic: Path of Exile.... :)  (Read 2514 times)

Offline franz

Re: Path of Exile.... :)
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2013, 02:35 AM »
I actually only played DiabloII for the first time last year from friends who revisited it for nostalgia, and it was one of them that introduced Path of Exile to the rest of us this last week, only he also recommends Torchlight2 like you're bringing up lacoste, so I'm sure it's also up there in quality gaming. I do personally like the free-ness of PoE, as these style of games are still new to me (perhaps I'll try T2 someday if I want to splurge).

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2013, 09:58 AM »
I've participated in the closed beta in PoE around a year age. (even shop wasn't working back then) With the current developing speed it's gonna be out in like late 2015...
We picked it up again with coste few days ago, and it took us like what... 10 hours and 40 levels to reach (still hardly) challenging part? Besides that, most annoying part of the game was the map reseeding every time we left the area, forcing us to run through the map not even bothering with attackiing mobs just to find an exit... So if you enjoy grinding for hours in a very monotonous gameplay that barely rewards you  (gems) then yeah, go play PoE.

I'm on my second Torchlight2 playthrough right now and it's challenging from the very start, playing different character actually feels different. First boss fight took us like 20 minutes.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 10:04 AM by van »

Offline GoogleBot

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2013, 07:21 PM »
This game is a drug. The logic behind this game is to insert game hours in hopes of getting the jack pot. Coins are the hours, orbs are the gold. Only addicted players level up beyond 80+. But it's a slot machine with a terrible netcode, you get hit by what you can't see and miss hits at mobs that you can see. You really have to be a no life to play at hardcore league.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 07:25 PM by GoogleBot »