Forums
May 04, 2024, 03:12 AM

Author Topic: Sony just bought crash bandicoot!  (Read 561 times)

Offline Turko

Sony just bought crash bandicoot!
« on: November 22, 2013, 02:27 PM »
Im so f@#!*ng happy becouse sony has bought the rights of crash bandicoot... that means naughty dog studio may work on a new crash for ps4 (and all crash fans knows what it means)...

Famed studio Naughty Dog -- the developer behind Uncharted and The Last of Us -- created Crash Bandicoot back in 1996. Naughty Dog worked on four Crash games, all released on the original PlayStation, before moving on to PlayStation 2’s Jak & Daxter. The franchise was owned not by Sony, but by Universal, until it was sold off to Activision in the early 2000’s. The last game in the series, Crash: Mind Over Mutant, was released on PS2, PSP, Xbox 360, Wii, and Nintendo DS in 2008.

However, Reddit editor cocobandicoot has put together a post chronicling the last few years for Crash Bandicoot, culminating in some mighty compelling information that may indicate that Sony’s original mascot may be returning to the PlayStation fold.
Via Reddit.

The most interesting evidence comes by way of the picture, seen above, from Sony’s recent launch commercial for PlayStation 4. On the white, circular sign with a red outline, a silhouette of what appears to be Crash Bandicoot is seen, with an arrow pointing towards a gold diamond, which just so happens to be the logo of Sony Computer Entertainment, the PlayStation brand’s home company.

Even more interesting is that Activision’s Crash Bandicoot website has been taken down (an archived version can be found here). Any references to Crash Bandicoot seem to have been removed from Activision's web properties.

We’ve reached out to Sony for comment and clarification, and we’ll update if and when we hear back. In the meantime, let’s slot this story as a rumor, albeit an interesting one.

For ign its a rumor but i think its official.... however, im so f**king happy
Asbest`FAW> after match I will complain to ffie 
MOD`Dmitry> ok i too 
TdC--Turko> and ill get a lawyer

Spoiler! View

TdC''Turko> When will you fix your pc?
TaG'G> Never
TaG'G> Or maybe next week

Offline Kyho

Re: Sony just bought crash bandicoot!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 05:55 PM »
That's wonderful , I'd love to try the new games, although my Crash evolution has stopped on Warped/Crash team racing. I miss PS1 times ,and Crash games :< .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------