Forums
May 04, 2024, 02:05 PM

Author Topic: Who plays League of Legends?  (Read 12250 times)

Offline darKz

Re: Who plays League of Legends?
« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2013, 12:00 PM »
You see ropa, I was only saying that the prize pool is lower. It is lower. Move on.
We can talk again in a year or two. The burden of proof is on our side, yet Dota 2 only just took off in Korea and a large part of SEA. The time has not yet come. 8)
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2013, 12:34 PM »
Prize Pool != Popularity.

Popularity != quality!

Not that either game is particularly good. :D

« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2013, 12:41 PM »
And your only argument ropa is population. LoL has bigger playerbase not because its a better game, more prestigious or whatever, its only because Valve delayed the closed beta for far too long (im totally fine with that, population doesnt mean anything to me as long as its big enough) and Riot took their chance. At the time when Valve was spamming beta keys on steam, LoL had already majority of gamers sucked into the game. Take an example of schools, its a fact that over the past few years almost every kiddo whos into games is also into LoL and knows shit about Dota, lots of them even think that Dota is some poor copy of their game. You should probably know that among kids it looks like someone throws a title to a friend from the bench, then it goes to another friend, another class and so on. Youngsters are also blind to notice which game is better and why should they play the other one. They just play it because, well, everyone is playing it so why shouldnt they if its fun and everyone is talking about it. Other than that, ive met a lot of people of ages 17-2x that were turning from LoL (being ranked quite high there too) to Dota, stating why and it all comes down mainly to the simplicity the LoL has and the poisonous community, much more poisonous than Dota. Can you say it about people turning from Dota to LoL? Can you find any? Why they turn? I know some and the only 2 reasons is they couldnt get invite when they needed it so now they just play the other game (afaik its popular fact among LoL community) AND money (some of them get sponsored in LoL, tripping around the world playing lans). One of them actually was quite popular name back in 2008-2009 Dota, big name in HoN and now in LoL. He achieved some titles in HoN (low population), is now pretty much making a living thanks to LoL as his team is kinda succesfull and never ever dreamed of anything like this in Dota, as its so hard get any near to the top and think about some real sponsorship. He chooses LoL because its so much easier. As a side note, you know what ACE is? Afaik the biggest LoL population is in Asia, China and Korea in general. Im not into this drama, but there are rumours or facts that ACE and Riot is owned by the same company in china, as well as ACE's head is somehow directly involved with Riot (you might read a little about ACE and their system here. Then theres Korea with their Starcraft and LoL. Since this year, Nexon is already pumping money into Dota2 popularisation there, even higher amounts than LoL and afaik SC2 gets, and you can google about how big Dota is becoming there. It will take some time tho.

Not sure why i bother as you will be blind to so obvious facts anyway.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 12:47 PM by lacoste »
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 24, 2013, 12:44 PM »
And your only argument ropa is population. LoL has bigger playerbase not because its a better game, more prestigious or whatever, its only because Valve delayed the closed beta for far too long (im totally fine with that, population doesnt mean anything to me as long as its big enough) and Riot took their chance (i will skip the part on which game is easier to learn). At the time when Valve was spamming beta keys on steam, LoL had already majority of gamers sucked into the game. Take an example of schools, its a fact that over the past few years almost every kiddo whos into games is also into LoL and knows shit about Dota, lots of them even think that Dota is some poor copy of their game. You should probably know that among kids it looks like someone throws a title to a friend from the bench, then it goes to another friend, another class and so on. Youngsters are also blind to notice which game is better and why should they play the other one. They just play it because, well, everyone is playing it so why shouldnt they if its fun and everyone is talking about it. Other than that, ive met a lot of people of ages 17-2x that were turning from LoL (being ranked quite high there too) to Dota, stating why and it all comes down mainly to the simplicity the LoL has and the poisonous community, much more poisonous than Dota. Can you say it about people turning from Dota to LoL? Can you find any? Why they turn? I know some and the only reason is money (they are sponsored in LoL, tripping around the world playing lans). One of them actually was quite popular name back in 2008-2009 Dota, big name in HoN and now in LoL. He achieved some titles in HoN (low population), is now pretty much making a living thanks to LoL as his team is kinda succesfull and never ever dreamed of anything like this in Dota, as its so hard get any near to the top and think about some real sponsorship. He chooses LoL because its so much easier. As a side note, you know what ACE is? Afaik the biggest LoL population is in Asia, China and Korea in general. Im not into this drama, but there are rumours or facts that ACE and Riot is owned by the same company in china, as well as ACE's head is somehow directly involved with Riot (you might read a little about ACE and their system here. Then theres Korea with their Starcraft and LoL. Since this year, Nexon is already pumping money into Dota2 popularisation there, even higher amounts than LoL and afaik SC2 gets, and you can google about how big Dota is becoming there. It will take some time tho.

Not sure why i bother as you will be blind to so obvious facts anyway.

please do not fill this thread with spam, use the dota one for number drawing out of a hat.

ps: did not read
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 24, 2013, 12:47 PM »

Not that either game is particularly good. :D

Games already top quality for being free with such high production values.

Same people hating on LoL are the ones that hate/d on WoW.

"Too mainstream".

Eventually, you'll have to understand that you can love mainstream for different reasons than the mass does. You can still be an unique snowflake while doing so.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 24, 2013, 12:50 PM »
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #96 on: September 24, 2013, 12:52 PM »

But you will. You just cant pull any argument that would make sense against these facts, as you are in the first group of people i was talking about, except you have more springs.

<Johnny`> !fart
<Johnny`> Sonova

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 24, 2013, 01:02 PM »

But you will. You just cant pull any argument that would make sense against these facts, as you are in the first group of people i was talking about, except you have more springs.

I have no argument against: players of age X-Z move to Dota because the Lol community is poisonous and it's only played by kids.

I also have no argument against: my penis shoots laser.

You have an opinion, it just so happens to be an awful one. When you come with real reason or facts, I'll be willing to read, but I'm better off with the Bible or similar, has an equal bullshit to word ratio.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 24, 2013, 01:04 PM »
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #99 on: September 24, 2013, 01:14 PM »
But these are real facts, maybe except the last line as i implied only a rumour which makes sense and never bothered to dig into it. Post is long, perfect occasion to just go troll about it claiming you wont even read it. You are not going to pull anything new you know. Why do you jump on these forums when everyone knows who you are, then?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 01:17 PM by lacoste »

<Johnny`> !fart
<Johnny`> Sonova

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 24, 2013, 02:12 PM »
But these are real facts

where can I read about all these 20 year olds moving from one game to the other based on poison?

do we consider autobiography as source?
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #101 on: September 24, 2013, 02:52 PM »
Ask around or reads comments in related sites (the ones other than the outgoing rage which game is better than other, there are also constructive ones you know), its not like theres this 1 special place where all of them gathers and complain
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 02:56 PM by lacoste »

<Johnny`> !fart
<Johnny`> Sonova

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 24, 2013, 05:40 PM »
Ask around or reads comments in related sites (the ones other than the outgoing rage which game is better than other, there are also constructive ones you know), its not like theres this 1 special place where all of them gathers and complain

So you're telling me to subjectively browse the internet, subjectively pick opinions I value, subjectively count them in my head and then objectivelly present them as facts?

I hope you realize you're talking about opposite things.

And I'm sure no one in the LoL thread cares about your opinion on a game you clearly have an agenda against. Specially when you're so decided to shove it in our faces... eww dude, insecure much?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 05:42 PM by Aerox »
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #103 on: September 29, 2013, 07:35 PM »

Offline Husk

« Reply #104 on: September 29, 2013, 07:42 PM »
I love his smile xD