Forums > Kf

New decade, new hype

(1/6) > >>

Dream Trance:
I noticed some hype around classic kaos these days. So I think the right time has come to try to resuscitate the official event once again after the long hiatus. If there is enough interest I could revive the legendary official classic kaos league. Everyone who wants to try their skills in an official classic league please write in this section. Shall there be enough players wanting to play I will disclose further details. The season of the league can start with at least 8 players.

However it would be best to play it on the tweaked scheme without overpowered weapons and with double time turned off (along with some more interesting improvements) it would be strongly recommended to use that scheme, but it is only made possible with PX editor which most players are somehow afraid of (even though kaos offers much more through that editor).

StepS:
You can still turn off certain weapons using 3.8 schemes, and the game now provides more customization options than with the old RubberWorm.

For example, the Kaos Normal scheme currently used in HB replaces 60 seconds turn time with a 52 seconds turn (3 sec active hotseat with the ability to select worms + 5 seconds automatic retreat at the end of each turn). With the Pro version (based on your TUS upload), 45 sec turn + 5 active hotseat + 5 retreat. This diminishes the effect from double turn time crates. Auto-retreat with SDET is impossible in older versions of the game, even with PX.

No-crate probability is now tweakable separate from the 3 crate type probability bars. This means that you can make e.g. weapons or health crates fall more frequently while still ensuring that 1 crate is guaranteed to spawn each craterate cycle. (previously you had to max them out leaving no gaps on each of the bars.) Additionally, it eliminates the 1 in 100 chance of no crate falling due to rounding errors.
Kaos Normal in HB currently uses experimental probabilities with a higher chance of Weapons spawning and a turn total rate of 7~10 crates. Kaos Pro uses fixed 8 crates per turn with classic equal probabilities, no x2 damage or french strike.

Dream Trance:
I wasn't aware it can be even more modified with settings available in 3.8.1.

Is there just a built-in editor or is it done with some external one?

I wanted to improve the official kaos scheme for the community to use in tus matches as well.

FoxHound:
If you type "boggysentme" on the main screen you will unlock (if you didn't accomplish all missions and stuff from the game yet) 3.8 features available on the scheme options window (it has a star now so you can see all the new possibilities of 3.8 ). They are called ESO - Extended Scheme Options.

Dream Trance:
Thanks. I will have to look at it to be able to prepare an improved official kaos scheme then.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version