Forums
June 02, 2024, 03:22 AM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] #16879 - Roper Clanner s2k vs. CF  (Read 709 times)

Offline Random00

[SOLVED] #16879 - Roper Clanner s2k vs. CF
« on: January 31, 2010, 06:50 PM »
Hey,
there was some block at the end of the game when yanme and I had a low hp worm each (less than 20 I think) and s2k had 1 worm remaining with 48 HP.
But the 48 hp worm blocked yanme who was about to act in the following turn. The plan was to put a nade on the 48hp worm's head and then hide next to him, so the 44-45 hp nade damage plus any low grave damage would kill him, which was kinda 98%+ sure, if the nade is on the 48hp worm's head (not into or next to him like it was in the end finally).
So yanme failed the turn for just 1 or 2 secs, which was approximately the time that the block took, plus you're always gettin a little (or in case it would be me: a bit more) angry, so usually you play such a turn a bit worse then you would without a block.
If you look at my next turn (my worm is named "~edel.") you'll see how angry I was during my turn, so I kinda totally failed.
starting the replay at 23:25 will be early enough. The turn of the 48hp worm will start then.

Offline sm0k

Re: #16879 - Roper Clanner s2k vs. CF
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 07:16 PM »
hey,

this block from nivman wasnt planned..  well ye.. maybe u could win. yanme get out of this blockk and had still 13s for his turn.. and pretty easy cr8..   and failed
if no block he could fall..
and 2nd thing is .. yanme tried that nade by killing his self at the end and he failed.. so why u think it would be 98% kill.. maybe that worm would fall down .. and nade dmg would be 45 + fd maybe 1 or 2 ..,  he would take cr8t and kill other worm of cf.
random u was angry, i understand. but it have nothing to do how u gonna rope..  i can say too "i'm ill, pls all skip"
like i say this block wasnt planned.. and anyway ..  niv didnt attak in his next turn.. just took cr8.

greetz

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 07:41 PM »
 yeah pretty shitty situation... niv didnt do this on purpose and took the correct penalty but i understand completely why random is upset, as he said a nade/sui would have won the game and any attack in general would give CF a nice advantage and they really needed to attack that turn because of 1v2, roping angry isnt s2ks fault but i can see how that can frustrate you

i remember writing a rule about cowing on a game winning turn, it seems my rules were either edited or i just forgot to add it in the roper rules

i need help from other mods on this one its a rare situation

Offline sm0k

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 07:43 PM »
well ye  hard to decide.
coz after that block could both clans still win ..
one bad cr8 decide evrything

EDIT:
i dont have a problem with rm that game but i still think they still could win.. random falls , if he wouldnt, they could still win
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 07:46 PM by am0kz »

Offline pr

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 08:23 PM »
i remember writing a rule about cowing on a game winning turn, it seems my rules were either edited or i just forgot to add it in the roper rules

It's too difficult to have a rule for that. Since one could say like "i'd rope there, knock everyone and do perfect zook for 46". No rules were broken in this game but it looked too obvious that it was an intended cow.

Offline Random00

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 02:08 PM »
any news here? :/

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 02:11 PM »
I've watched the game myself, I'm actually waiting for Rok. We'll post the result max in 1 day.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Rok

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 07:58 PM »
I can see why you're frustrated, but the block didn't seem intentional and nivman didn't attack next turn. You still could've won the game though, but yanme kinda suicided in his last turn, didn't he?

Feel free to rematch it if you want and s2k agrees, and let us know, game stands.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz