Forums
May 05, 2024, 05:18 PM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] #53025  (Read 2016 times)

Offline Husk

Re: #53025
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2011, 12:10 PM »
yep, welcome to tus bng coste (:

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2011, 12:13 PM »
I know how it looks, but didnt know that the easiest / lamest / whatever shot can be considered as a fair here, but a unpredictable sit for a piece of second, which was a great shot imo, is considered as a cow.
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2011, 12:27 PM »
coste, the rule is there to stop people from doing sitters on purpose, the only disadvantage to this being an accidental sitter, that WAS indeed a good shot, will still be considered a sitter, but it does stop deliberate sitters, and accidental sitters don't happen very often.

But I guess it comes down to the person you are playing, do you trust them enough to have some common decency?

You know that if you done that to me, I wouldn't even blink an eyelid i'd just say "Lol ns" and I know you would do the same for me, no one can do a sitter like this on purpose, the chances are 1/1000.

I can't watch the game (as it's been deleted), but judging by what lacoste says, I wouldn't punish for this shot, it seems like a very accurate and good shot that just got very unlucky.

But TuS BnG is war, and some players if they see it they can get a win removed by a literal rule technicality, this is such a case unfortunately, at least this doesn't happen everyday, but I guess the fact it can happen is a shame lol.

The rules state it was a sitter, so it's a sitter, and MI made the right decision.

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2011, 12:35 PM »
There.

<Johnny`> !fart
<Johnny`> Sonova

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2011, 12:46 PM »
Lmao, damn that was a PERFECT shot lol, vns xD

That really shouldn't be counted as a sitter, considering the worm only had 2hp, no matter where the grenade bounced on the worm it would most likely deal 2hp damage.

If the worm had say 35hp or more, the grenade would probably do around 15-25hp if it bounced and went away so the sitter would definately be unfair there.

The fact that this shot got unlucky and stopped motion for 0.38s should also take into consideration it would still kill if it hadn't been a sitter, personally, I would allow this.

At the worst, I'd replay the game, with 1 worm each, 1 has 9hp other has 2hp, and let the Blue team take their shot again 1st.

Also, lacoste is doing the honorable thing, he could have this game deleted, his team lost because of a "sitter" but lacoste is being very fair and saying it wasn't a sitter.

Well either way, +1 coste for being fair :)

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2011, 12:48 PM »
Thanx for sharing my mind, i exactly think the same.

Also, lacoste is doing the honorable thing, he could have this game deleted, his team lost because of a "sitter" but lacoste is being very fair and saying it wasn't a sitter.

Not exactly Komo, the whole drama is about previous sit which was obvious. And they tryed to abuse it.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 12:54 PM by lacoste »

<Johnny`> !fart
<Johnny`> Sonova

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2011, 12:54 PM »
I played well in this game but Crash... -_-

Me + Sniper could win this game xDDD I had a lot's of good shoots (ploop Lacoste zook 46 hp...]

was funny game.... but lost... but funny :)

I <3 BnG :)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2011, 12:58 PM »
Thanx for sharing my mind, i exactly think the same.

Not exactly Komo, the whole drama is about previous sit which was obvious. And they tryed to abuse it.

Yeah but 1 cow doesn't void a game, but if the winning shot is a cow, it can void the game.

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2011, 01:03 PM »
1 cow, then fooling around it wasnt cow, then after xx turns accidentaly self hitting saying it was called, then suiciding on purpose to fix this cow when he had much less HP than cow damage, that is more than enought to give us a win.

<Johnny`> !fart
<Johnny`> Sonova

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2011, 01:04 PM »
1 cow, then fooling around it wasnt cow, then after xx turns accidentaly self hitting saying it was called, then suiciding on purpose to fix this cow when he had much less HP than cow damage, that is more than enought to give us a win.

If someone cows(breaking a rule), in a league, you can refuse to continue until they take the required punishment, if they do not accept the official consequences for a cow(breaking a rule), they automatically forfeit and the game should be rematched or voided.

Offline Rok

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2011, 01:23 PM »
If someone cows(breaking a rule), in a league, you can refuse to continue until they take the required punishment, if they do not accept the official consequences for a cow(breaking a rule), they automatically forfeit and the game should be rematched or voided.

8. Members are asked to not act as “back seat moderators”. Members who constantly “act” as moderators may be warned or penalized.

We appreciate your input, but now I ask you to stop telling folks things that are not true. Penalty taken or not, players WILL CONTINUE PLAYING WHENEVER POSSIBLE, then complaint and let the moderators do their job.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2011, 01:41 PM »

8. Members are asked to not act as “back seat moderators”. Members who constantly “act” as moderators may be warned or penalized.

We appreciate your input, but now I ask you to stop telling folks things that are not true. Penalty taken or not, players WILL CONTINUE PLAYING WHENEVER POSSIBLE, then complaint and let the moderators do their job.

Nowhere in the rules does it say "players will continue playing whenever possible, then complaint and let the moderators do their job."

If someone breaks the rules, and does not accept the punishment even though the victim urges the guilty party to take the punishment, the game should NOT be continued.

It is in the rules: "Sitters are not allowed. (Sitters are grenades that sit for 1/4 second or longer). The penalty for a sitter is a Grenade or Bazooka to and from yourself in an attempt to cause the same damage you previously inflicted."

If they do not take the punishment, and you continue to play, you are agreeing to let it go.

Not taking the punishment on the very next turn causes the outcome of the game to differ, for example, the next turn they could get wind, use it, hit the other worm, the other worm has no angle to shoot back, attempts a return shot misses, and then the other player hits themself, the victim now has no angle to shoot, has to teleport changing their angles, and the guilty party has 2 hits that shouldn't have even happened while only having 1 shot at themself.

I am not "backseat moderating" I am trying help out a fellow player and good friend, please don't tell me what I can and can't say to my friends, especially when what I said is correct.

Everytime someone has done something like this to me, and they haven't took the punishment, I quit, they reported, I told the MODS what happened, and the game got voided or replayed, I am not trying to MOD this game, I am talking from experience, sorry if you see it another way.

If what you say, is what you want, then you should add it to the official rules page please, otherwise, you cannot say this, how unfair is it to let someone break a rule, and take the punishment whenever they feel its neccessary.

You CAN refuse to stop playing, because it's the other person who broke the rules and won't accept the concequences, so whatever happens when either player complains if either player reports the game, the MOD should see the game, see the person who broke the rule, and the game should be rematched or voided because a rule was broken and the guilty party did not take the required punishment, and if the guilty party reports the game and a MOD lets the game stand because the other person refused to play until the guilty party took the punishment, then the MOD can't be doing their job right can they? (This isn't directed at anyone, it's just an example, and as far as I have seen, no such thing has ever happened, which is good :))

Cmon man, relax, I have my rights to advise my friends.

Edit: Oh, and where you say "wherever possible" even if this was an official rule, this situation wouldn't be possible to continue, taking the explanation I already explained of what can happen if it does happen, BnGs can be won and lost with 1hp, and breaking a rule and changing a players position, altering their angles to shoot, can ruin the game for them.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2011, 05:59 PM »
Yes we (TUS BnG) do not care how pretty a shot is. That's a2b's job. :) (Also why would someone hide in a place where a 4s nade with 5 bounces can hit him?)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline nino

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2011, 06:23 PM »
Komo have u thought about write a book ? xDD

You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2011, 06:51 PM »
Intended or not, a cow is a cow. Why would a nice shot that unfortunately ended up in a sitter be less cow than an intended bouncy sitter? That's a logic i cannot follow. :)